cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

Voided Manufaturers warranty?

Leoskelley
Miembro

I had an IPhone 6. The rear camera and flashlight stopped working. I called Verizon tech support. Since I had only had the phone for a couple of months, after telephonically troubleshooting my problem, I was advised by Verizon tech that I should send it in and it would be covered by manufacturer warranty. I told the tech I had bought damage, theft insurance. He said the manufactures warranty would cover it. They sent me a new phone I sent the broken one back to them. Then I got a 325$ charge on my bill. They said that when my phone got to them the "warehouse" said it had water damage. (I never exposed it to water) Furthermore, that voided the manufactures warranty. I said "well what about my insurance that I have with you for damage?" They informed me that once they receive it in the "warehouse". They cannot send the phone to the insurance department and was I responsible for the charges.

• So, I was advised by Verizon to send my phone to them and I did.
  • They get it and allege damage that voids manufactures warranty and because I sent it to them I cannot place and insurance claim.
  • I asked them to submit the claim if there was damage and they said no.
  • After much of my time on the phone they would only drop the charge by only 100$. I had to pay 225$.
  • I feel if they pulled a bait and switch on me. They did not fulfill an insurance payout by telling me to send it in on a manufactures warranty claim and then denying that claim.
  • I feel that the burden of insurance vs. manufacturer warrantee is on them once they trouble shoot and advise me. I would have filed and insurance claim in the first place if they had advised me to do so.

I filed a claim with my Attorney General in the State of Oregon.  

Labels (1)
0 Me gusta

Re: Voided Manufaturers warranty?

Ann154
Expert

They followed their policy.

Why didn't you go to an Apple store?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Me gusta

Leoskelley
Miembro

Because I got phone from Verizon and called them first. Had I picked it up directly from apple I would have gone to them first.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Me gusta

Ann154
Expert

Verizon isn't the manufacturer. They only facilitate the warranty exchange for the manufacturer.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Weth
Líder Sénior

Warranty issues with iPhone ALWAYS go to Apple for best service and outcome. 

Leoskelley
Miembro

They said the damage to my phone voided manufactures warranty

Sent from my iPhone

0 Me gusta

Weth
Líder Sénior

Did Apple say this or Verizon say this? You indicate Verizon said the warranty was void. For others reading this and for your future encounters, you are always best taking an iPhone that is in warranty directly to Apple. It does not matter if you did not buy the phone directly from Apple.

0 Me gusta