cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quisiste decir:
Highlighted

Re: Very disappointed - BOGO Offer was a SCAM

Miembro

Lol. RIGHT . SO FULL OF IT.  if Verizon is my family I'm ashamed to be related to such liars. PATHETIC.  Oh I hate to see you go . Your family  .

Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

Dont fall for it.If it looks good ,then get out a magnifying glass and read the small print that they print real.small for the catch 22 game. I just get my phone at best buy,  I dont do  over the phone purchases with Verizon anymore  the last time I did the sales rep told me that if I buy a case and extra charger for 30.00 then the 30.00 activation fee is waved  ot sounded way too good so I repeated it to him just to make sure  . He said  yes. It was for a otterbox. So I thought well he repeated it twice. So ok. So I get the phone ,otterbox case and extra charger. Then my bill came and I was not only charged for activation, I was charged for the otterbox and the extra charger I didnt need. I called to tell them it was a mistake to be charged. I was told that that was never a  special . That that never existed as a special. Ever. I was shocked and annoyed,  I was on the phone several times and on it a long time arguing with the customer service person and transferred to different ppl. On hold the whole annoying thing.  I told them to listen to the recorded conversation because it says ,,this conversation is recorded for training purposes or something  to that matter. And I told them the exact time of the call . I WILL NEVER EVER TRUST VERIZON AGAIN. or the liars who sell stuff . The guy who did this to me must of been getting commission off upsales,good way to lie and get the sale then a month later customer gets the bill and calls Verizon, oh too late , catch 22,you BEEN HAD   I lost complete trust ,from then on  I go to best buy . Never been lied to there face to face . I think of Verizon as greedy company.  The throttle on data to California fire fighters just shows their greed  oops,they got cought ,, oh  it was a mistake. I hope they sue the heck out of them. But they will just make it up by price gouging the other customers   oh I'm sorry .  Yeah YOU ARE

Content modified as required Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

Question if I do the buy one get one and I start a new line . Then transfer a number from one of my free of contract phones to the new line and cut off the old line that's free from contract is that a violation of the free phone rules

0 Likes
Highlighted

It's being shady. the whole point is that you have that extra line to compensate for the free phone. if you're truly not interested in having an extra line then pay full price.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

Yes & no.

I dont see it as shady if you're being honest about it like I was.

Yes they don't like it but they should have written the contract different....

But that in turn would sway people from the deal and they would miss out on thousands of future dollars too 

A deal is a deal!

People also get great deals on free phones and never activate them and use them As gaming devices etc.

Now they are making it mandatory you initiate and keep the line.

I'm sure they don't want you terminating the line in 24 months and are gambling you won't and maybe they gain  a new lifelong customer with the new line but there is a limit as to how much they can restrict us or we won't bite.

Think of it this way.... Historically recent new phones have been about $800.00.

They have raised the price but giving a free one.

So they are really charging $500 each for the 2 phones.

If you want the premium 512gb/8 ram versions like me and so many others, that's another $250.00/each.

Now you've spent $750 each phone.

Verizon still Isn't getting robbed and again they are gambling most won't do that.

If Verizon can't live with that, They would have to re-write the contract to say you can't drop "any" line for 2 years.

Then people would simply drop a line first  then get the deal after the fact.

Then Verizon would have to say "you can't drop a line" before or after " some specified period .

Or force each of us to register on each device like buying a car and as" only " new customers get the deal.

But then people aren't going to try & register their young kids, extra work phones, backup Phones, phones to relatives & those for that secret love affair and on goes the drama.

People would just fabricate names like they do for voting.. Lol!

Bottom line.. I have a different use & need for my extra phone than another.... They can't "own" lines that have already met their contractual obligation.

Even "non-shady" good intentioned transactions are met with people changing, dying, moving to poor access areas etc,, losing jobs etc.

They can't own the whole contract and control all aspects.

Yes, they strive to own us like some religious parties offering temporary carrots & incentives but we are free agents.

All else fails, it keeps loyal strong paying customers from Straying.

It can't be a bad deal for them or AT&T wouldn't have done it too.

0 Likes
Highlighted

It's still shady. [removed]

yes a deal is a deal and the deal is you need a new line don't like don't get the deal or go to a difference  carrier. Quit justifying thing you know are wrong. It's not your company you don't get to dictate the terms of service. You either accept them and stay or not accept them and leave. [removed]

Highlighted

Miembro

Keeping the added line is abiding by all the terms of service.... No where does it say you can't follow later and terminate an old line not needed anymore.

It's nobody's fault Verizon made a guess that no one would terminate a line, nor did they make it criteria.

All they have to say if that's their intention is that you have to add a line and cannot remove any other line for 24 months.

We'll see how many take that deal ... Surely some, but far less.

The contract is what it is, nothing more, nothing less.

Maybe they need better lawyers if they or you think they're getting cheated.

It's not like they can't afford a lawyer that can write up exactly what they want & need.

​Contend modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
Highlighted

Asistencia al cliente

TWENTYWAYS, that is a great question. To qualify for the BOGO, one new line of service needs to be activated on the account. The new line can accept either the Buy One, or the Get One. If you remove the free device from the line it is assigned too, you will then be responsible for the rest of the cost of the phone. I hope this information helps.
CraigS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZSupport
If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Highlighted

windstrings wrote:

Keeping the added line is abiding by all the terms of service.... No where does it say you can't follow later and terminate an old line not needed anymore.

It's nobody's fault Verizon made a guess that no one would terminate a line, nor did they make it criteria.

All they have to say if that's their intention is that you have to add a line and cannot remove any other line for 24 months.

We'll see how many take that deal ... Surely some, but far less.

The contract is what it is, nothing more, nothing less.

Maybe they need better lawyers if they or you think they're getting cheated.

It's not like they can't afford a lawyer that can write up exactly what they want & need.

You don't know what an EXAMPLE is do you? Also if you think Verizon is just going to give out millions of $1000 phones for nothing you're naïve. Also why the entitlement attitude? Why  re you entitled to a free $1000 phone?

​Contend modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

Also disappointed.  BOGO is terrible for loyal Verizon customers. Ready to upgrade but since the wife and I have been good customers for 16 years we cannot get the deal.

0 Likes