Highlighted

Very Slow LTE Speeds Past Week

JetRocket
Miembro

Within the past week both my wife and I have been experiencing extremely slow LTE speeds.

I have Google Pixel 2 XL and she has Google Pixel 3. Both are fully up to date.

Right now my download speed shows 0.86 Mbps and upload 0.3 Mbps. It's like we are back in dial-up days

We are in the Houston area and the issue is intermittent / sporadic and happens all over the metro area. Specifically in 77581 zip code.

I don't think its an issue with the phone since both myself and my wife started seeing the same problem but I did do all the troubleshooting with the VZW techs already including network settings reset which didn't make any difference.

I understand that there could be network congestion at times but this bad and that often all of a sudden?

Want to see if anyone else has started seeing the same.

I have been with Verizon for a very long time and never had any issues until now but if this is going to stay like this then I can go to another provider, pay way less and get same poor cellular network service

Labels (1)
0 Me gusta

Re: Very Slow LTE Speeds Past Week

bearone21
Leader

network speeds are 5-12mbps at best & as you've found out, can be much slower.

0 Me gusta

JetRocket
Miembro

I would be happy with a consistent 5-12 Mbps and I have seen it much faster at times.

Problem is that within last week or so the network performance has been horrible.

I have been with Verizon since 2005 and have never had any major issues - at least nothing that couldn't be solved by phone or chat.

This is something different. Obviously it's not a network wide issue otherwise others would be complaining.

So not sure what else to do since I have called in few times already. From what I am told everything appears to be fine but it's not working fine.

My last few speed test results:

LTE - 01/21/19 3:44 PM - UP: 27.5 - DOWN: 12.2

LTE - 01/21/19 12:21 PM - UP: 0.97 - DOWN: 7.96

LTE - 01/21/19 12:04 PM - UP: 0.82 - DOWN: 0.10

LTE - 01/20/19 4:32 PM - UP: 17.1 - DOWN: 2.19

Also even when speed results are good I am seeing issues with apps that require Network connectivity being extremely slow or unresponsive on LTE. As soon as I am connected to WiFI, everything works without any issues.

0 Me gusta

bearone21
Leader

could be tower maintenance.

wi-fi's a different world!!

i pay for 50mbps from my isp & see close to 90, whether hardwired or wi-fi on pc.

2 verizon phones are both on network &/or wi-fi so when i do app updates on phone, i switch over to wi-fi.

0 Me gusta

seanc_vzw
VZ Employee Emeritus

JetRocket, it’s so crucial to have the best possible service speeds at all times. We are here to help.  A private message has been sent to you so we can assist you further.

SeanC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Me gusta

Kabura23
Miembro

The same thing has been happening to my device and I tried all the troubleshooting and the same issue is still happening. I’m on the IPhone X seems like it’s happening to all types of phones and it so annoying. Fix your things Verizon. 

0 Me gusta

Community Manager
Community Manager

Getting the best speeds and service experience is important, and we are here to assist you. We will be more than happy to proceed with tier 2 troubleshooting. Would you like to proceed? -AlbertP_VZW

0 Me gusta