Highlighted

Verizon will not honor the deal they made

LOUSTR36
Miembro

Does anyone know if there's a customer service team at Verizon that has the authority to handle situations regular customer service does not?

On Monday, using chat, I was given a trade in promo to buy a new phone. The deal was simple, trade in my phone and receive a $300 credit. I even had a few questions the following day about the trade in process and reconfirmed the $300 amount the next day.

I picked up my phone last night and when trying to leave my phone at the store as I was told I could do, they could only offer my $100. They basically told me their hands were tied, even though they agreed with me as I showed them the chat history. Their suggestion was to contact customer service and that I would not be given any trouble. They even commented on my account of the deal I'm supposed to get.

This is when it gets good. Verizon customer service told me, after only partially reading the chat transcript, that 1st, I didn't understand the offer made to me, then, 2nd, after I made them read the transcript again where dollars were crystal clear, came back and told me the deal I was given would NOT be honored! I was shocked. By this time, we were on the phone almost 45 minutes, with at least 30 minutes being on hold. The customer service rep said he was going to get someone else who might be able to help, since he could not. An hour later, I was still on hold! I dropped the call, did not receive a call back, and did not get through when trying to call back in.

For some reason, I'd still like the deal offered to me to be honored instead of switching to another carrier, however if that's not possible, Verizon is not worth the trouble. The sad thing is I'm not the only person this is happening to. Does anyone know how to get through to someone who can help?

Gracias

Labels (1)
0 Me gusta

Re: Verizon will not honor the deal they made

boringusername

you don't leave the phone at the store you send it in. why do people insist on doing upgrade via chat or phone call instead of in person or online?

LOUSTR36
Miembro

Because when a Verizon representative says it could all be done there and sends transnational documents just as if it was done in person, it's a valid way to do business. If it wasn't, they should not offer it. They also told me the trade could be done in the store, which the store manager confirmed. 

0 Me gusta

JOEBER61
Miembro

same here

0 Me gusta

LOUSTR36
Miembro

This is insane. I'm back on the phone with customer service. Now they're saying they can't pull the chat transcripts and to go back online and ask for a chat supervisor. They're also saying the supervisor is refusing to get on the phone and the only other contact I could reach out to would be via letter.

Verizon used to have stellar customer service. This is egregious.

0 Me gusta

boringusername

LOUSTR36 wrote:

Because when a Verizon representative says it could all be done there and sends transnational documents just as if it was done in person, it's a valid way to do business. If it wasn't, they should not offer it. They also told me the trade could be done in the store, which the store manager confirmed.

Yes and you listen to a person on the phone/online and you were told wrong and now things are messed up which is a whole lot LESS likely to happen at Verizon CORPORTAE store where yes you could give them your phone or online where you would have been given specific how to instructions how to send it back.

You want to know why you don't deal with phone/chat reps? Here is the customer service agreement

Este acuerdo y los documentos que incorpora constituyen el acuerdo completo entre usted y nosotros. You can't rely on any other documents, or on what's said by any Sales or Customer Service Representatives, and you have no other rights regarding Service or this agreement

So it doesn't matter if the rep was just wrong or outright lied you are out of luck.

Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Me gusta

LOUSTR36
Miembro

The saga continues...Finally got a supervisor on the phone who had a pretty condescending tone. Once again hit a brick wall. This person said there was an email address I could use on My Verizon, which after looking, there isn't. There's just the mailing address. Meanwhile, checking my work discount page to see which carrier offers the most competitive deal.

Time to switch. At least I can return this phone everything stays as is for the next few days until I go somewhere else. AT&T is offering some two for one deals on phones, so that's promising.

0 Me gusta

ryanco_vzw
VZ Employee Emeritus

LOUSTR36,

During the holiday season, it is imperative that you are able to take advantage of a great deal when it comes along. Getting $100 versus the $300 that was promised is not the experience we want for you as well as not having to go through this runaround. We appreciate your loyalty to Verizon more than you know, and we want to work together to get a solution in place. The last thing we'd want to see happen is for you to leave us.

I have gone ahead and sent a Direct Message within this platform. So, at your earliest convenience, please respond so we can work this out.

RyanCo_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Me gusta

josephe_vzw
VZ Employee Emeritus

It's always imperative to get accurate information regarding any promotions or offers we have available, JOEBER1. I regret hearing that this did not happen. I am happy to help. Can you tell me more about your experience?

JosephE_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Me gusta

JOEBER61
Miembro

Hola Joseph,

I was so excited for Verizon’s Black Friday deal for $400 off the iPhone X, so I went to the store on Alma School Rd in Mesa, AZ to purchase one.

When I arrived around 1pm, I was informed that they were out of the iPhone X, but that they may get shipment in later. I went back but the shipment never came in. I decided to just order it online and then they weren’t available there either.

I checked all advertisement and there was never a while supplies last communication with this promotion. With that being the case, I should have been able to order the phone with that promotion whether it was available now or back order until next year. My family and I have been using Verizon for years, and I have never felt so lied to and misled when working with Verizon. I hope Verizon is able to make this right and honor this promotion that I should have been able to use on Black Friday.

Please let me know if you have questions. Thank you for reaching out!

Sent from my iPhone

0 Me gusta