cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Verizon stole money from my bank account.

Miembro

So I call Vaerizon and told them I could not pay my bill because of losing my job due to Covid 19. They told me that they would keep the phone on for another 2 weeks. I said do what you want but my job is gone and I cant afford to pay you. Now they have taken almost 400$ out of my bank account after I cancelled auto pay over 2 months ago. I am going to dispute the charges with my bank as Verizon has now taken my rent money and I cannot afford to buy groceries for my family. Theives, plain and simple. I have a friend this happen to as well last year.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Verizon stole money from my bank account.

Líder Sénior

Um, for a bill you owed?  Explain how that is? 🤔.     The FCC agreement allowed customers to defer their bills, not get out of paying forever. 
Dispute wont work on a valid transaction.  

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

When someone takes money out of your bank account without authorization it is called theft. They were not authorized to take funds out. I have called them and they have agreed to put the funds back within 7 days. I informed them shortly after my employment dissolved , that I would not be able to continue my contract and to terminate service but they said they would continue it for 2 weeks. I told them I would work out a payment plan then if the situation turned around. It did not. NO ONE has the right to remove funds from your personal account without your permission. So "um" no, your wrong.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Líder Sénior

You authorized EFT when you signed up.  Thats all they needed 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

Nope, exited that program 2 months prior, hence the bill not being paid on the due date. If the auto pay was still intact then how come it wasn't taken out on due date, yea, its because I suspended the auto pay. Wow, your pretty adamant about defending stealing here. Not helping what so ever. Will update if Verizon refunds like they said they would, even the tech that I spoke with said it shouldn't have happened. She also said it was happening to others and she had processed several  refunds the day before as well. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

Email from Verizon this morning refunding the charge.

0 Likes