cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quisiste decir:
Highlighted

Verizon’s Blocking Services NOT Working

Miembro

I have been getting random spam text messages every few days like clockwork, and I am at my wits end. This started randomly out of the blue, and they always come from a different (probably randomly generated) gmail account, so blocking one specific email address wouldn't help.

The issue is, I know HOW I would go about blocking a domain (www.gmail.com), but when I go to “My Verizon” and into “Blocks” and “Block emails and Domains,” when I put in the domain “www.gmail.com” (or any other domain, because I’ve tried several others) I get an error message that says “We are unable to block www.gmail.com on this device(s):“...I called a Verizon agent and she checked my account and said that I SHOULD be able to use this feature, but no matter what I try, I can’t get it to work. I also tried to select “block all text messages sent from email,” but that wouldn’t go through/save either. Therefore, I am currently stuck getting these almost daily spam emails...Someone please help!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Verizon’s Blocking Services NOT Working

Expert

If you haven't already blocked messages from the web through your MyVerizon account online, then you should enable that block. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

I have attempted to do this, but when I check the box for "block all texts sent from the web [or from email]" and hit "save," it does not save my choice. If I go back to the page later, the box is un-checked again.

Highlighted

Asistencia al cliente

Hello, jdponds. We're happy to assist further. Please check your private messages. 

TracyB_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

Thanks! I'll check there.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

Hola,

I have had this exact same issue - and Verizon has still not done anything about it? Verizon can you fix this?

Gracias

Highlighted

Asistencia al cliente

As a valued customer, your concerns are our concerns too and we're always here to help. We're very much concerned about your reference that Verizon's blocking services are not working. Can you tell us more about which blocking feature you're using? Verizon offers a variety of options to help our customers block numbers, unwanted calls. ads, text messages, and emails by visiting our website at http://spr.ly/6607GUxBZ. We're confident that these options will help you. - RobertC_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

I am having this same issue. I tried multiple times to use the Verizon block setting to block the gmail.com domain AND block all messages from emails function. None of my attempts save to my account and have any effect. I am still getting spam messages. I'm most frustrated because I attempted to go through customer support last week to see if they could assist further and they just kept instructing me to do the same thing I had already tried over and over. I was then basically told that there is nothing that they can do... I'm really frustrated with not being able to utilize this function as the spam messages I keep receiving are explicit in nature and I don't want that sent to my phone.

Pestañas (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

I'm having this same situation - I check the box to block all texts sent from web + email, but it doesn't persist, and the texts still come through. Has anyone here found a solution?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Asistencia al cliente

We know how important it is to be able to block certain services. There are many ways, depending on your preference. Check out more details here: http://spr.ly/6605GIjYN 

0 Likes