Highlighted

Verizon needs to be loyal to customers that have been loyal to you!

CastKT
Miembro

We've been Verizon customers for over 20 years. Started with Altel then when Verizon took over we've been with Verizon. We've never left, not once! Now we have 3 smartphones, a flip phone, a GizmoGadget smart watch and a tablet on our account an could upgrade all of our lines. What we can't do is get any kind of a deal like a new customer gets. Oh, wait, I forgot...The $30 activation fee can be waived. WoooHooo!  Seriously? We can add a new line of service and upgrade one line and buy an iphone and get one free. OR we can add two new lines. Hmmmm...we have 5 people in our household. Can you please explain to me how that makes any kind of sense? No, you can't because it doesn't, but lets entice a new customer to join Verizon and ignore our old customers because once we get them we don't need to do anything to keep them. That's how it seems anyway. Your current customers need to be able to afford new phones too!  We could switch to Sprint right now and get all kinds of incentives. AND if we were current Sprint customers we'd get some incentives too. Very disappointed Verizon. For the very first time, it might be time to look at another carrier where our dollar goes a little further. Sadly disappointed.

Labels (1)
0 Me gusta

Re: Verizon needs to be loyal to customers that have been loyal to you!

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello, CastKT and thanks for being a long-time loyal Verizon customer! We would never want to lose you over a promotion and I want to try to change that for you now. I am sorry to hear you are disappointed by Verizon and feel that we don't have any promotions for customers that have been here for one month to 25 years, and I understand how that can happen. Phones used to be free and now they are so expensive that practically no one can afford one much less five new devices. I appreciate that you have come forward to let us know how you feel, so we can continue to share your important feedback with our Marketing team. We are also working hard to improve the Verizon Up rewards so they will benefit our customers who need to upgrade. I would very much like to meet you in a Private Message, so that I can look at your account specifically and see how we can find something better to offer you.

TinaN_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Me gusta

Cro22
Miembro

I would like to stay with Verizon, but the competition has better offers. Xfinity uses the Verizon network with better offers.

Tried working with the sales sept and was supposed to get en email today with a “special offer” since I have been such a long time customer. Didn’t receive an email or call. Guess they don’t value me as a customer.

0 Me gusta

glitchedpixel
Novice

Verizon has ZERO control what manufacturers charge for phones. If you want to point a finger, point it at Apple for starting the trend of the thousand dollar smartphone.

As for BOGO deals, if you don't need a new line the promo isn't aimed at you. My girlfriend's 1st Gen Pixel cost $10 a month thanks to a holiday promo and this account is also a former Alltel one - upgrade, not a new line. Had a new line been added for a phone, that would have been an extra $20 for that line vs $10 for the promo on upgrade.

This post is just arguing for the sake of it.

0 Me gusta

mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

Phone promotions are to steal and add new business, and make a profit off us, not save us money

The offers to draw in new customers amount to maybe 1/2 of 1% of any carriers total customer base, or a few hundred thousand phones in 2 years.  As opposed to 150 million connections which would be a huge loss no carrier can afford. 

Carrier can write off promotions to get new business, they cannot write off sales. 

So, what about your plan?  I kept an older plan with $15 line fee and it’s dirt cheap.  Changing to another carrier would cost me more.  Phones are a temporary expense, my plan is long term and the real bargain. 

0 Me gusta

MadScientist42
Miembro

They're not loyal to people who'd started them out as PrimeCo customers from before their rollout.  I'm only on Verizon because the rest of the players are WORSE by far in quality of services, customer service, etc.

0 Me gusta

MadScientist42
Miembro

When they became Verizon, while the core was still PrimeCo, they got basically swallowed by two of their Parents- Bell Atlantic and NYNEX, and it shows.

0 Me gusta