Centro de recursos de accesibilidad Salta al contenido principal
Obtenlo rápido al recogerlo dentro o fuera de la tienda o con entrega el mismo día.
cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quisiste decir:

Verizon made up a bogus account under my name and has sent it to debt collection (Sequium Asset Solutions LLC)

dworp
Miembro

I am very annoyed to find out that Verizon has made up a fake account under my name and has sent its balance to Sequium Asset Management. We have established that the account number Sequium is trying to claim on does not match my account number with Verizon.

I have spoken to Verizon's in house recovery team and they have proven most unhelpful. The Verizon staff member I spoke to seemed confused and when pressed further acknowledged that they indeed sent that bogus account number to collections but was unwilling to clarify further - only saying it was out of their hands since it's already been sent to Sequium.

I have separately contacted Verizon's support team and they have confirmed I've never had a payment past due on my account since I started with Verizon in December.

Please help me resolve this as soon as possible - I've had nothing but trouble (racist Verizon security staff, incompetent agents who could not complete a port etc.) since switching over from Tmobile, which unlike Verizon never gave me any problems at all.

1 Solution

Respuestas correctas

Re: Verizon made up a bogus account under my name and has sent it to debt collection

dworp
Miembro

This issue has finally been resolved but it took multiple calls to different Verizon reps (most of whom were polite but downright unhelpful) as well as the collections agency. It was all thanks to one superstar Verizon agent who agreed with me that something was afoot, bothered to dig deeper, figure out what happened, and remove the bogus charges.

Verizon has acknowledged its mistake in creating a phantom account under my name when I first ported over from T Mobile. What happened was that the rep who initially made this mistake realized his / her error and merged this phantom account with my real Verizon account. The problem was that this rep carelessly neglected to shut down the phantom account. So the phantom account kept accruing unpaid bills under my name, despite me never missing a payment in my real account.

The onus shouldn't be on the customer to do the detective work required to fix your company's mistakes. Having multiple support staff and your in house recovery agents say, "I'm so sorry this has happened, this has already been sent to collections there's nothing I can do" is frankly just lazy.

What did I get from all this? Hours of frustration, seriously late night calls to reps (I'm in a different timezone), and the "privilege" to not have my credit score dinged for no reason.

View solution in original post

Re: Verizon made up a bogus account under my name and has sent it to debt collection

vzw_customer_support
Asistencia al cliente

We want to make sure this is properly addressed and want to make sure you get the help you need, please send us a private note to further assist you. 

0 Likes

dworp
Miembro

This issue has finally been resolved but it took multiple calls to different Verizon reps (most of whom were polite but downright unhelpful) as well as the collections agency. It was all thanks to one superstar Verizon agent who agreed with me that something was afoot, bothered to dig deeper, figure out what happened, and remove the bogus charges.

Verizon has acknowledged its mistake in creating a phantom account under my name when I first ported over from T Mobile. What happened was that the rep who initially made this mistake realized his / her error and merged this phantom account with my real Verizon account. The problem was that this rep carelessly neglected to shut down the phantom account. So the phantom account kept accruing unpaid bills under my name, despite me never missing a payment in my real account.

The onus shouldn't be on the customer to do the detective work required to fix your company's mistakes. Having multiple support staff and your in house recovery agents say, "I'm so sorry this has happened, this has already been sent to collections there's nothing I can do" is frankly just lazy.

What did I get from all this? Hours of frustration, seriously late night calls to reps (I'm in a different timezone), and the "privilege" to not have my credit score dinged for no reason.

View solution in original post

dworp
Miembro

Seems like other customers have encountered the same problem. It's been 5 years, Verizon. Surely you'd have updated your systems to prevent this sort of clerical error from ruining your customers' credit.

https://community.verizonwireless.com/t5/My-Verizon/Another-account-under-my-name-sent-to-collection...

0 Likes