cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:

Verizon does not care for its current customers.

VrznCstmr
Miembro

Has anyone other then me noticed how Verizon does not care for its current Verizon customers and only concentrates on new customers. I've been a customer for 11 years now and have gotten used to Verizon never wanting to meet me half way with any issues that might have raised in the past, however with my most recent issue, it has gotten way to frustrating for me to handle and I've decided to part ways with Verizon and will be going over to T-Mobile

I believe that my proposition to them was very fair and I wanted to hear your thoughts on this.

I currently have a family plan with two lines open and they are both under contract for another year. The plan is broken down the following way: $50 for 4gb of Data and $40 per line for the talk and text for a total of $80 which makes the grand total $130 a month (not including taxes and Verizon wireless surcharge fees.)  This coming September I will need to add another line for my cousin who is moving to the US and for the time being I'll be paying for her cell phone coverage until she gets a job. This means that I will need to add a line for $15 a month plus monthly payments for the device. My new total that I'll be looking at is $145 plus taxes and fees and additional device payments. (Please note that in this case I am still only left with 4gb of data however now it needs to be shared with 3 people instead of 2)

This coming Thursday Verizon will start offering new plans which in a perfect world would have worked out perfectly for me. I could have either picked from the 6GB of Data for $60 a month and $20 per line which would have made my bill at a total of $120 ($60+$20+$20+$20=120) or I could have chosen from the 12GB plan which is $80 plus $20 per line which would have made my bill $140. Either way I would be getting a much better value and saving money at the same time. (Please note that this would be the first time in Verizon history that thats would be true)

However since there always has to be some sort of a catch, apparently I don't qualify for the upcoming deal. The reason is because the current two lines are still under contract and I would have to wait another year and two months before I could fall under that promotion (who knows if it still will be there). If I wanted to do it now, I would have to get either the 6GB or the 12GB plan with the new line at $20 and the current two lines at $40 each.

I basically pleaded with 4 different CS reps and 2 different managers but none of them would help me at all. One of them told me that I could buy out my own contracts at $520 just to get the promotion. (How insulting and idiotic is that?!?!?!)

My Proposition to them was to get the management to agree to release me from the contract and then I'll be qualified to sign up for the new deals. This way both parties are benefiting. Verizon gets to keep two customers that have been with them for 11 years happy and more importantly keep them as clients for years to come. Also they would be getting a new customer which would ultimately detach herself from my family plan and become an single account owner. For me the benefits are obvious.

But nooooooo, they don't care at all. To them it is more important to get exactly what they want. Their rules and regulations are killing their customer service. I guess its easy not to give a shit about a couple of upset clients when they are making tens of billions of dollars in profit every year and simply getting me in to a plan that would work great for both parties is out of the questions. Verizon basically would rather have it all or nothing. I guess no one told them that 100% of something is better then 100% of nothing.

This is why I have made my decision to have T-Mobile buy out my contracts and switch me over to them. They are currently offering me a 3 line deal with 9GB of LTE data and unlimited 3G data domestically and worldwide at $120 a month. I save money, and I get more data.

Before anyone starts talking about the data quality, I live in the Washington DC area and around here all of the networks work perfectly fine. I have a bunch of friends that have T-Mobile and everyone is very happy. The beauty of this deal is that if for some reason i don't like it, I wont be tied down by a contract and I can go over to AT&T in a heart beat.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas
Highlighted

Re: Verizon does not care for its current customers.

flutterfly8497

You say Verizon is taking an "all or nothing" stance, but it seems you are doing the same thing. You signed contracts to get a discount on your phones, and now want the option to break that contract with no ETF. You seem to feel you have no obligation to fulfill your promise. As tikibar pointed out, you CAN switch to the new plans, you just won't get the additional discount until you complete your contract. It looks like Verizon is actually meeting you halfway, but halfway isn't enough for you. I guess nobody ever told you that 50% of SOMETHING is better than 100% of NOTHING. If you refuse to compromise then you will miss out on a lot of opportunities in your life.

View solution in original post

0 Me gusta

Chismes
Líder Sénior

You know that price goes up for people without phones right? Unless they bought phones outright they are not paying that price. Something you didn't do either. So you are being treated equally not them being treated better. You can switch to the new plans and when your contract expires you pay that math you've show unless you take another device payment plan(which new customers HAVE to do).

0 Me gusta

Chismes
Líder Sénior

Also being another T-Mobile customer you will not be paying $120 a month unless you BYOD which if you take the Device buyout from T-Mobile to pay the ETF you will have to buy new devices so it isn't that much cheaper.

See you on T-Mobile forums if you didn't realize that and didn't read this post Smiley Happy. Wish you the best and welcome to T-Mobile hope the coverage is good and make sure you take advantage of their 7 day test drive.

0 Me gusta

VrznCstmr
Miembro

I know what you mean but currently I dont have any phone payments and even with the new line I realize that there will be phone payments thats why they are a constant and I'm not including them in my math. Just like the taxes and fees are a constant and I'm not including those either. The point is that I'll be getting more data and overall a better value and wont have to wait a year and two months before my contract its up. Either they can work with me to keep my business (since I've been a loyal customer for 11 years) otherwise I go to T-Mobile and get a better value for the money that I'll be spending.

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

flutterfly8497

You say Verizon is taking an "all or nothing" stance, but it seems you are doing the same thing. You signed contracts to get a discount on your phones, and now want the option to break that contract with no ETF. You seem to feel you have no obligation to fulfill your promise. As tikibar pointed out, you CAN switch to the new plans, you just won't get the additional discount until you complete your contract. It looks like Verizon is actually meeting you halfway, but halfway isn't enough for you. I guess nobody ever told you that 50% of SOMETHING is better than 100% of NOTHING. If you refuse to compromise then you will miss out on a lot of opportunities in your life.

View solution in original post

0 Me gusta

flutterfly8497

"But nooooooo, they don't care at all. To them it is more important to get exactly what they want. "

The above statement accurately describes your attitude regarding this issue. You are accusing Verizon of being uncooperative, then outlining your "proposition," which appears totally inflexible. The fact that you don't approve of the alternatives offered does not make those alternatives unacceptable or unreasonable.

0 Me gusta

VrznCstmr
Miembro

Thast a pretty interesting way of puting it. Yes I signed the contracts to get a discounted price on the phone. I was not hiding that. I currently dont care if I have a contract or not. Flutterfly8469 I think you are missing the basic concept of things in my argument. I simply wanted to get qualified for the better deal which they are offering as it is. And the only way I saw that happening is if they simply released my contract so that their system would allow me to sign up for their new plan. At no point did I ask them to creat some sort of a special plan for me nor am I trying to trick them in to releasing my contract and then running away. I simply told them that T-Mobile is offering such and such a deal which would bennefit me since I'm adding a third line. Even though they perfectly well know that T-Mobile will be more then happy to pay off my contractual obligations and attain a custoer for the next 10 years or even more. And they wont work with me at all.

So now tell me how is it that I'm adopting an all or nothing stance. I could have simply not even called them and changed over to T-Mobile. I'm giving them a new customer and a chance to keep me for years to come. In the business world thats a pretty good compromise when you are on the edge of loosing a loyal and great customer who hasnt ever had any issues and had always paid on time.

Do you understand now??????

0 Me gusta

Chismes
Líder Sénior

Look I am pointing out they are not giving new customers a better deal. They to become customers will pay more because they need devices. You already have yours. When your contract ends you will pay that price you are basing your math on. You are comparing Apples to oranges without adding device costs to new customers. They WILL be paying more than $20 per device as you are paying $20 more until your contract expires. At least compare Apples to Apples.

Right now I am on that $120 plan for T-Mobile and we'll depending on devices chosen you may end up paying up to 2K for your devices outright or up to $90 more per month(3 lines right?).

Just making sure you get all the facts down, and people don't do emotional math because of what they see initially on paper.

0 Me gusta

Ann154
Expert

You also don't have to switch to the new plans until you are out of contract. You keep your current pricing structure with the $40 line access fee for the lines under contract. Once they are out of contract, then Verizon will supposedly automatically reduce the line access fee to $20 for those lines.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Chismes
Líder Sénior

So you want to not pay for your current device which that's what that contract is for. In 1 year and 2 months the new customer WILL pay more than you do. They have to have a device payment and more than likely it'll be more than $20 a month that they made for contract guys waiting out their contract.

Any other carrier you sign that contract they'll do the same T-Mobile if you search through their forums same exact deal when they got rid of their contracts.

0 Me gusta