cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:

Verizon changes payment agreement in the fine print, without disclosing to customers, and makes loyal customers unable to do what new customers can do...

cbs2winner
Miembro

So let me first state that I have had Verizon for MANY years.  I had a contract plan, but back in 2012 or 13 I switched over the EDGE plan.

I loved the EDGE plan. I have since upgraded my phone yearly. I had the original Note, and then a Note 3,  and then the Note 4.  Each time I upgraded when 50% of my device was paid.  I have no issues with my Note 4 really, but I really want a Note 7.  So I think to myself, it has been a year, I will go upgrade my phone to the Note 7.  Well I check my upgrade eligibility, and it says, you are not eligible.

Why am I not eligible?

So I go call.  I spend a good 4 hours on the phone with customer service, who tell me will you have to pay off your device in full before you can upgrade.  I say, I was never informed that your device payment agreements changed, I signed the agreement to pay the monthly payments, just as I had previously signed with the plan, but was never informed that the stipulations of the agreement were now that I had to pay off the device before I can upgrade.  The response form customer service, well you signed the contract.

I signed a new contract yes, but I was not informed that this new contract was different that the previous device payment agreements.  I switched from a contract plan to a device payment plan specifically so that I could upgrade every year.

LET ME REPEAT THAT...

I SWITCHED TO A DEVICE PAYMENT AGREEMENT SO THAT I WOULD BE ELIGIBLE TO UPGRADE MY DEVICE YEARLY!

SO just so you know all you loyal customers of Verizon.  Go to their website, and you will see that all new customers that sign new contracts, will be able to upgrade their devices YEARLY.  But you wonderful loyal clients, who have been buying phones, paying for service, hundreds and hundreds of dollars a month for service mind you, you were duped and you are forced to pay off the full price of your 700-800 dollar devices, before you can upgrade.  Oh and your payment is the same as other device payments on similar networks like ATT who can still upgrade their devices yearly.

I just want to upgrade my phone.

I feel betrayed by Verizon. Why should new clients enjoy the privilege for yearly upgrades, while taking yearly upgrades away from loyal clients?

Please tell me someone else other than myself has had this issue.  This needs to be resolved.  I would go to another network.  However Verizon is the only network that gets any signal where I live.

Labels (1)
0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Re: Verizon changes payment agreement in the fine print, without disclosing to customers, and makes loyal customers unable to do what new customers can do...

CHRISSYO29
Miembro

This is a very interesting read. I am going to really look into this. Thanks for posting

Highlighted

Re: Verizon changes payment agreement in the fine print, without disclosing to customers, and makes loyal customers unable to do what new customers can do...

rcschnoor
Líder Sénior

I agree with CHRISSYO29 that this is indeed an interesting read, although it is misleading.

Verizon has changed how Edge, now called DPP, has worked. First you only had to pay off 50% of the device before you would be eligible to upgrade. Then it went to 75% before finally going to 100% before you would be able to upgrade. That you didn't confirm before entering into your last agreement you would be able to upgrade at 50% being paid off is your own fault. The terms of your agreement did not change. Those were the terms on the agreement you signed.

Additionally, your statement that you can purchase a phone on DPP and then upgrade annually is a bit misleading. You can do this for SOME phones whose manufacturers have an annual upgrade agreement with Verizon. Not all manufacturers allow this NOR do the manufacturers who do allow it do so for all phone models.

What you CAN do is to pay off your device, sell it on a site such as swappa.com and recoup most likely MORE than your remaining balance and then enter into another DPP agreement.

THEN, make sure you will be able to upgrade after one year, i.e. that the phone model is eligible for an annual upgrade. Otherwise you will be in the same predicament as you are currently in.

Finally, your post leads people to believe that this annual upgrade is only available to new customers. It is not, it is available to ANY customer who is eligible for an upgrade both new customers AND current(loyal) customers.Smiley Happy For example, I am a current "loyal" customer and I can purchase a phone on DPP with an annual upgrade if I choose one of the eligible models.

Highlighted

Weth
Líder Sénior

Your post is not entirely correct. Only certain phones are eligible for the 1 year upgrade with 50% payoff. The Samsung Note 5 is not eligible, however the new Samsung Note 7 is eligible when you buy this phone. The Edge program was changed and renamed DPP a few years ago when they stopped the 1 year 50 % upgrade for every phone.

This may be a blessing in disguise though. Most of the high end phones do not lose 50% of their value in 1 year. So you may actually be ahead by buying out your phone, selling it for more than 50% original cost and then buying a Note 7 with the 50% upgrade option for next year.

Highlighted

cbs2winner
Miembro

You are right it is certain phones.  I didn't mention that because it was not my point.  My point is that I cannot upgrade.  I also have looked into selling my Note 4. It is not worth what I owe. 

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

cbs2winner
Miembro

I have upgraded every year for three years and now I cannot.  It is WRONG on every level to not be able to. 

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

pherson
Leader

Why is it wrong? And you can upgrade but simply paying off the device

Highlighted

Acrillix

And here comes the line no one wants to hear....

READ THE CONTRACT.

Like seriously though...It literally says you either pay 100%, 75% or 50%. For instance....I bought my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge a little after it came out and got  a 50% contract. I get to upgrade in one year or sooner. Now, not every phone is eligible. So pay attention. Ask Questions. Just communicate with your representative instead of barking orders. They have policies. They have rules. Like I told someone else, you wont get far kicking and screaming, just talk to them like their people. The rep may even be your neighbor. Remember that and you will go far.

Highlighted

pherson
Leader

I love this. I always remember that when I deal with anyone

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Acrillix

It's just simple. I have called into Verizon a total of 4 times in the last at LEAST year. Never had a problem with a rep. Ever.

0 Me gusta