cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Verizon changed my plan without my authorization

Miembro

Earlier this month I received a bill that was doubled from last month, I looked it up and noticed they had added an additional plan to my account without  my authorization.  I called and as a "curtesy" they reversed the charges and took the additional plan off with no explanation on how it happened. Fast forward to later on I had recently moved, I called to have the hot spot activated until we get the internet set up. I have the unlimited data plan from a long time ago that can not be throttled. I was grandfathered into it, I have had the same plan since 2006. So when the rep activated my hot spot they said it was free and have a nice day. To my surprise I started getting messages that I've used up all my data. I call again, the rep has no idea what has happened a says everything should be fine. I keep getting the messages. I call again, this time the reps says "oh my, they have taken your unlimited data off and given you a 4gb data plan." She agrees with me at how stupid this is and why would I go from a unlimited plan to a 4gb plan. She gets her manager on staff involved, he tells me its going to take time to get me back on my unlimited plan because its not offered anymore. I've talked with a few people who work there and they don't like people like myself who have the old unlimited plan and are told to do what they can to get us off of it. So today I notice my hot spot didnt work anymore. I call again, they rep said oh since you have unlimited its going to cost you 30 dollars a month to get the hot spot. I said thats fine. They turn it on, well guess what happens next more messages saying I'm over my data.   I call again, get a manger on the line, she surprisingly can't find any of the conversations or notes that talking about them getting my unlimited data plan back on and that it looks like I switched to a 4gb plan. Why in gods name would I have a plan for 10 plus years and then all of a sudden go to a more expensive plan that only offers 4gb. Please fix this problem, I am trying to hold my frustration back but what you as a company have done this month seems pretty under handed and dishonest. To be clear I want my unlimited data plan back, that you took off with no authorization.

Labels (1)
Highlighted

Re: Verizon changed my plan without my authorization

Expert

Why couldn't you have signed into your MyVerizon account online from the phone using the desktop view of the site and add the hotspot feature to the Nationwide Plan with grandfathered unlimited smartphone data plan?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Verizon Employee

N0gravity,

I know how important it is to have the plan you want, and one that works best for you. I'm sorry to learn of any issues with your unlimited data plan, and I'm here to assist you. I am sending you a Private Message, so we can find a resolution.

Gracias,

ChristinaB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

This same thing just happened to me! 😩 did you ever get your old plan back or were you forced to move to their new “unlimited” plan?? I don’t understand how they can change a plan without notification?!  

0 Likes
Highlighted

@Ahhmber wrote:

This same thing just happened to me! 😩 did you ever get your old plan back or were you forced to move to their new “unlimited” plan?? I don’t understand how they can change a plan without notification?!  

They don't. And they didn't

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

Ahhmber, this is never what we like to learn. We want to make sure that you have a plan that is going to fit your wireless needs. When a plan change is made, you will receive a notification about any changes that were made to the account. How long ago was the change made to your account? KevinR_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

I am having the same problem.  My data plan reset and then it was totally used within 2 hours of my reset start date.  I called and asked how my data could run out while I was sleeping, 6 GB.  No answers just kept telling me a social media was using the data.  I don't have social media so that doesn't make sense.  Four calls later, I never got a call back so I had to made another call.....Finally I got someone who was able to help me, after 45 minutes of being on hold.  Now my entire account is messed up.  I have had problems for over a year and have spent countless hours trying to get this fixed.  I guess my only option left is close my account and move to another company.  UGH!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Líder Sénior

@boodlesboo wrote:

I am having the same problem.  My data plan reset and then it was totally used within 2 hours of my reset start date.  I called and asked how my data could run out while I was sleeping, 6 GB.  No answers just kept telling me a social media was using the data.  I don't have social media so that doesn't make sense.  Four calls later, I never got a call back so I had to made another call.....Finally I got someone who was able to help me, after 45 minutes of being on hold.  Now my entire account is messed up.  I have had problems for over a year and have spent countless hours trying to get this fixed.  I guess my only option left is close my account and move to another company.  UGH!

What does this have to do with the original title?  You using up your data plan is unrelated.  

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

Unlimited data! That's what the plan said. Then I got messages from Verizon saying I used up my data that I have to get a different plan. My payment date was changed. I lost wi-fi and hot spot. My network is so slow I can't even get through a 10 minute lecture without being throttled every 3 seconds.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Líder Sénior

@Ugodeb wrote:

Unlimited data! That's what the plan said. Then I got messages from Verizon saying I used up my data that I have to get a different plan. My payment date was changed. I lost wi-fi and hot spot. My network is so slow I can't even get through a 10 minute lecture without being throttled every 3 seconds.

What plan?  Because I’ve never heard of any plan from Verizon that announces “you used up your data and have to get a different plan”.  

Are you prepaid?   Sounds like you switched to a capped plan.

0 Likes