cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

Verizon changed my plan to one over $1000/mth without my consent......

kez3655
Miembro

First, let me say that I have been a loyal Verizon Wireless customer for something like 12 years now.

I noticed that mine and my wife's plan went from around $140 per month to around $180/month in Nov and Dec 2014.  On January 2nd, I called and talked with man at Verizon who told me that for some reason our two phone lines were changed from a combined plan to separate plans--that is why the cost increase.  He could not tell my why or who made that change but he would only add a $25 credit back to our account and said he was putting us on a combined plan for $140/month with 10 gigs data.  Great!  I wanted more credit back but oh well.......

Then, I get a text around 2 weeks later that says my upcoming Verizon bill is over $1100.  WHAT!!!!????  I immediately call and get a nice woman at Verizon who tells me that the previous gentleman that I called put me on an 80 gig plan that costs over $1000/month.  She was very sorry and after something like an hour with her on the phone she said: a) the previous gentlemen who put me on that plan would get talked to by management, b) she would put me on that $140/month 10 gig plan, c)she would submit a request for the $1000+ credit to my account that would take 3-4 days to be approved.

Next, I checked my account balance over the next two weeks and called a couple of times and each time was told that the request would definitely go through but hadn't yet.

Then, I went to a corporate Verizon Store ( a one hour drive since I live in rural Montana) because I thought that a face-to-face conversation might help.  I was told the same thing.  The request for credit/refund was in and would be approved soon.  I should be patient.  It was their fault but it was a large amount so takes time.

Finally, I just got a text message showing a credit had come through. Only it was not for $1000+ that I was charged for Verizon's mistake.  It was for a measly $125..........and my bill due is still over $1000.  What should I think is going on??  I have a huge outrageous bill due to a mistake by Verizon putting me on a 80 gig plan when I use around 4.5 gigs/month and they refund me 1/10th of their mistake?  Is this how loyal customers of 12 years are treated?  Am I going to have to switch to Straight Talk?  If I wanted bad/non-existent customer service I would already be with Straight Talk.

Does anyone know who I can talk to to resolve this?  I have not gotten anywhere yet and am getting towards the end of my rope. Is there some kind of federal or state authority that can help me with this?  I really don't want to have to get a lawyer to resolve this.  Ayuda, por favor.

Kurt

Labels (1)
0 Me gusta

Re: Verizon changed my plan to one over $1000/mth without my consent......

Loquat

I'd be calling someone until I reached the top.  I'd email just about anyone who I think would listen.  If a customer has been averaging 4.5GB of data per month I don't know who in their right mind would think that they'd willingly sign up for an 80GB plan.  Heck, I don't know of anyone or have read of anyone having such a huge plan.  I'm sure there is a need for it otherwise they wouldn't offer it...but the average consumer probably doesn't need that much cellular data.  I hope you really get someone who will dig into this for you...such a shame.  It is VERY rare that I ever mention leaving VZW because their service is superior to others carriers in my particular area...but I'd say this would be one of those instances where if something didn't get done to correct this matter...I'd walk away, actually I'd RUN away...and FAST!

tommaur
Miembro

Similar thing happened to me!! Only not as much money as that. Here's the story. I was receiving phone calls from a Jamaica number, each call I ignored. After several attempts I googled this number and learned it was a scam. I then proceeded to put this number on my block list. Well, since it was in my recent history, in my purse, for some reason my phone called the Jamaica number back. When I went to retrieve my phone it said it was on the phone with this number for over an hour. Realizing this I immediately called verizon customer service to tell them what happened and explained that it was not my fault, and that I don't want to be charged for it. The guy said i would not and if something happened to call up and they'll fix it. Well, when I received my bill I was charged $175 for this. I called up verizon, lady said bc it was an outgoing call the charges stood. I said no and talked to supervisor sherika anderson. She assured me that the charges will be dropped and she would just have to wait for approval (24 hrs) and gave me her email if I had problems. I emailed her, she never responded. Called a week later about the same problem. The representative (alan) said the charges will be dropped and I could minus them off my bill and just pay the remaining balance. I checked my online bill a few days later and the charges remained. I called yet again, told the lady the same story, she said she would just need to get it approved by her supervisor and they will be taken off. Spoke to the supervisor who said he'd give me a confirmation number. I received it. Yet AGAIN it was not taken off and I called again (last time) this representative (anita taylor) said that the previous records showed the claim was denied. I said well all the other people and supervisors told me that they would take it off and then why would they say that if in fact it was denied? I called a total of 5 times over this issue, each of them lying to me and telling me it had been taken off. Now I have a late charge for something that THEY TOLD ME TO TAKE OFF MY BILL. I think it is absolutely ridiculous to pay for something I didn't even do. I have been a loyal customer to verizon for 10 years. The minute my contract is over I'm taking my family plan elsewhere.

0 Me gusta

Loquat

I can see why you're frustrated at the situation.  And it sucks if someone truly told you they were going to take care of the charges and then didn't.  But, understand, they are under no obligation to do so.  Yes, it would have been the right thing to do if they indeed said they were going to do it.  But you mention a couple of times that this isn't your fault...well, it is actually.  Was it an accident that you called the number, sure...but you still called it...it was still an outgoing call.  This may be a very expensive lesson learned, and I can tell it has left you with a sour taste for VZW, but  it happens and as much as you say it wasn't your fault, it wasn't VZW's fault either than you don't have a device lock to keep you from pocket/purse dialing either.  Best of luck to you...

Community Manager
Community Manager

tommaur, I can understand your concern. That is a lot of money to pay for something that you didn't have control over. I do apologize that you have had to call in so many times. I would love to have the chance to review the account with you to find out exactly what is going on. I did request to follow you. I also sent you a Direct Message. Can you please reply back to that message. I hope to hear back from you soon.

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Me gusta