cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

Verizon Share Name ID Programmers -- Capitalization for Du* automatically changes to du

MD-DC
Miembro

I have tried to set my Share Name ID to my name (last name first, which starts with Dun*).  The program automatically changes the last name to display as "duN*" as though the program automatically coverts names beginning "Du*" or "De*" with the first two letters lower case and the third letter capital. Example:  Duhamel becomes duHamel, Debrito becomes deBrito, Dunning becomes duNning.  I suppose that the programmers automatically assume that a last name beginning with the letter "D" followed by an "e" or a "u" should become "deXxxxxx" or "duXxxxx" as though it's a French last name.  As a test,  I have changed my share name to many other last names beginning with letters other than D and those names I have tested display with the correct case (capital, lowercase), as in "Smith" and not "smIth".    I contacted tech support and they tried to change the case of my name and thought they had corrected it, but it then displays incorrectly again.  This may not sound like a big deal, but I want my name to display correctly with correct capitalization followed by lower case.  Perfectionist, perhaps.  WHO at Verizon needs to fix this programming error?

Labels (1)
0 Me gusta

Re: Verizon Share Name ID Programmers -- Capitalization for Du* automatically changes to du

Community Manager
Community Manager

I definitely understand wanting your name to show correctly, MD-DC. Does this happen when you're typing it in the field, or is this physically what it shows for other people when they receive your call?

DanielK_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

XXXXX

0 Me gusta

Re: Verizon Share Name ID Programmers -- Capitalization for Du* automatically changes to du

MD-DC
Miembro

The problem is the way my name displays on other devices. When I type it in the name field on "MyVerizon" it displays correctly. Regardless of whether my last name appears first (Dunn Txxxxxx) or last (Txxxxx Dunn), the last name appears as "duNn". Even when I select the default Share Name ID name display which is the name on my account, the last name still appears on all other devices caller ID screens as "duNn". I even did an experiment of entering my name with a hyphen as the first character, and now it displays "-duNn". It doesn't matter where in the entry my last name appears (beginning, middle, end, etc.), it just always changes from "Dunn" to "duNn". Strange!

0 Me gusta