cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

Verizon Home Fusion

Teyeger
Miembro

I recently started my Verizon  Home Fusion service as a replacement for my previous internet service and I have a few questions regarding it.

I like to play online and with game downloads and updates for those games not to mention the use while playing online I can see where I would need a lot of download allowance to meet my wants.

My questions are these.

Is there a period during the day that any download doesn't negatively impact my allowance

or if not is there a feature or service that I can purchase that will temporary increase my allowance for that month so as not to go over and be charged 15$ for every gig over

or should I just increase my allowance limit to the point I want?

Labels (1)
0 Me gusta
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas
Highlighted

Re: Verizon Home Fusion

Community Manager
Community Manager

Your support is here Teyeger. We want to make sure that you have the correct expectation. There isn't a period of use that is "free". All usage for home fusion counts. If you see that you are going to go over, increasing the data at the plan level lis the best option other than not using the data at all. Please let us know if there is more that you need.
BobbyN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

Your support is here Teyeger. We want to make sure that you have the correct expectation. There isn't a period of use that is "free". All usage for home fusion counts. If you see that you are going to go over, increasing the data at the plan level lis the best option other than not using the data at all. Please let us know if there is more that you need.
BobbyN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Teyeger
Miembro

Thank you for your quick reply.

Your response was very helpful.

If you could, please forward a suggestion for a service in which a customer could purchase a temporary increase in data allowance. Not only would this be beneficial for the customer but open an extra revenue source for Verizon Wireless and enhance the appeal of Verizon Home Fusion to a wider customer base.

Gracias por tu tiempo.

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

SuzyQ
Líder Sénior

The "temporary" increase is to up your plan for the current month, as the rep stated, then go back to your previous level the following month.  Your plan gets you a bucket of data for a month at a time - if you are using more than that, increase your allowance, temporarily, and then revert to your previous.

Highlighted

sprmankalel
Leader

Home Fusion is still mobile data from Verizon Wireless' mobile network. Allowing customer unlimited access would tax the system. This is the reason there is no longer an unlimited plan for cell phones. VZW's extra revenue source is for customers to exceed their data limit. It does not cost $15 to transmit 1GB of data. It might actually cost 75 cents per GB. 30GB is $120 or $4 per GB. In this hypothetical the profit is $3.25. When you go over and pay the $15 per GB the profit now becomes $14.25.  While I think the profit margin on data transmission is exorbitant, there does have to be a point when the discount ends. In this case, the discount ends when you reach 30GB.

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Teyeger
Miembro

Unfortunately for me 30 GB would cost $185 plus a $20 line fee costing $205 as a total. I am not asking for unlimited data just a service for temporary increase to cover updates.

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

sprmankalel
Leader

What you're asking for does not exist. 30GB is the highest allotment on the Home Fusion plan. I responded to the same inquiry in another post.

It's sad that VZW is the only company trying to accommodate you for high speed internet at your home but that's the way it is. There's nothing that will be done. The plans have not changed in at least 3 years and I don't see them changing any time soon.

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

No corresponde

Teyeger wrote:Unfortunately for me 30 GB would cost $185 plus a $20 line fee costing $205 as a total. I am not asking for unlimited data just a service for temporary increase to cover updates.

Then you're using a jetpack not on HomeFusion( which is call LTE internet install now ). If you had HomeFusion then you'd have an antenna that looks like a coffee can mounted outside your house. Pricing for HF is $120 for 30 GB and there isn't a line fee. But no there isn't an option to go higher. One thing I will say is pricing and caps have been the same for 4 years now on HF and that is baloney.

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

No corresponde

sprmankalel wrote:

Home Fusion is still mobile data from Verizon Wireless' mobile network. Allowing customer unlimited access would tax the system. This is the reason there is no longer an unlimited plan for cell phones. VZW's extra revenue source is for customers to exceed their data limit. It does not cost $15 to transmit 1GB of data. It might actually cost 75 cents per GB. 30GB is $120 or $4 per GB. In this hypothetical the profit is $3.25. When you go over and pay the $15 per GB the profit now becomes $14.25.  While I think the profit margin on data transmission is exorbitant, there does have to be a point when the discount ends. In this case, the discount ends when you reach 30GB.

Homefusion overages are $10 per GB but at any rate those aren't there as profit generators but as deterrents. If Verizon wants to profit on overages they'd charge $1 per GB. At $10 or $15 per GB you're going to keep a real close eye on your data. Mobile data can only provide so much bandwidth and to a limit amount of customers. When you're just going to websites it's not an issue they don't use much bandwidth and you're only using the network for a few seconds at most. It's when people want to stream Netflix in 1080p which is 6 Mbps for hours on end that it's an issue

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Teyeger
Miembro

I was home when they installed the antenna on my home and ran the cable under my home to connect to a modem inside my home. The plan I have may be different then yours as yours may have been grandfathered in. I am currently paying $60 per month for 10 gigs plus a $20 line fee.

0 Me gusta