cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

Verizon EDGE Discount Question

nbgallow
Miembro

In March I purchased an iPhone 6 on an EDGE agreement.  The purchase was made at a VZW retail store, and the line which I upgraded was a basic phone since my line was not eligible for upgrade yet (long story but my original "contract" phone quit working).  I expected the $25 EDGE discount since I am on a 15GB More Everything Plan, but later found out that the retail employee wasn't honest/knowledgeable in the fact that switching from the upgraded line to another line voids the discount.  I never would have made this agreement had I known any of this in the first place.

After several discussions with VZW, I realized I was stuck with this device and paying the full price for it - $31 per month versus the $6 per month I had expected is $600!!!  My idea had been to switch this phone back to the basic phone line in September when my contract was up, get the $25 EDGE discount back on that line as well as getting my own new EDGE phone and discount, but then Verizon switched everything and I'm not sure what to do!

Does anybody know if EDGE discounts are still applicable to the More Everything Plans for 1) existing phones (if I switch this back to the basic phone and change that to a smartphone line will I receive the $25/month off) and 2) for new phones (if I purchase my own will I also receive the $25/month)?

Thanks for the help!

Labels (1)
0 Me gusta
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas

Re: Verizon EDGE Discount Question

Weth
Líder Sénior

device payment plans are still available. It is subsidized contracts that are being phased out.

View solution in original post

0 Me gusta

Community Manager
Community Manager

@nbgallow

I can definitely understand your concerns with receiving the applicable discounts for your upgraded lines.  I would love to assist.

So that I can provide you accurate information and go over your options, I need to clarify some information.  Are you stating that the new iPhone 6 you purchased on an Edge agreement was purchased on a different line that was for a basic phone device, and that you switched and activated this device to your line?  Please clarify.

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Me gusta

nbgallow
Miembro

Yes Anthony, what you said was correct.  I purchased the phone on the basic line (since it was out of contract) and then moved it over to my line and put the basic phone back on the original line.

So I'm just trying to find out if the EDGE discounts are still applicable for existing (if I move the phone back) and new phones for the More Anything plans, now that Verizon has switched everything over to The Verizon Plans.

¡Gracias por tu ayuda!

0 Me gusta

Community Manager
Community Manager

@nbgallow

Thanks for clarifying!  Yes, the discount applies to lines with a device payment agreement (Edge) for an active smartphone.  The line that has the active device payment agreement must have a smartphone active on the line in order to receive the discount.  Do you have an extra smartphone you could activate to that line?  This will qualify you for the discount.

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Me gusta

nbgallow
Miembro

I do not have an extra smartphone at this time but planning to purchase another phone soon and possibly move the iPhone 6 back to the basic line.

The other question is whether the device payment agreement (Edge) is still available for new purchases or not.

0 Me gusta

Weth
Líder Sénior

device payment plans are still available. It is subsidized contracts that are being phased out.

View solution in original post

0 Me gusta

nbgallow
Miembro

Thanks Weth.  I'm aware that the payment plans are still available for new phone purchases, but I'm trying to find out if they still qualify for the $25/month discount like they did under EDGE.  Unfortunately I'm very skeptical to talk to anybody in the store since they didn't know what they were talking about in the first place and put me in the position that I'm in.  I never would have paid $750 for the phone!

0 Me gusta

Weth
Líder Sénior

If you remain on More Everything, the $25/month discount off the line access fee for 6GB or more stays.  If you switch to the new My Verizon plan, you do not get any additional discount with line access set at $20 already. 

0 Me gusta

SBKohn
Miembro

What is you buy your own smart phone and put it on a line that doesn't currently receive the $25 discount? Three of my other phones are on the Edge program and do?

0 Me gusta