cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

VERY UNHAPPY with multiple issues concerning my account.

mom2raiandjas
Miembro

I have been a Verizon customer for about 3 years now, and I was out of contract after my first two years, and when my iPhone started having issues last month, I took the plunge and purchased another phone, a Galaxy s5, last month, and went back in contract. I am unhappy with MANY things right now:

~When I took in my iPhone, no one in the store could help me as far as knowing anything about the issues my out of contract phone was having. They just wanted to sell me a new phone.

~When I decided to purchase a new phone, I told the salesgal that I didn't want the payment plan/Edge, that I wanted to pay for the phone straight out, I didn't want to pay for insurance, and I did not need a car charger. She said okay. I also purchased a screen saver while I was there, and a phone case, so I had multiple items purchased. My s5 was supposed to be eligible for a $50 rebate, so she started putting stuff in the big Verizon bag, and told me she was printing out my rebate form. I get home (I do not live in the city where I purchased the phone) and guess what? She didn't put in my $50 rebate form that she printed out, and there is a car charger in the bag that she charged me for, which I told her I did not need.

~The next day, an area managerial type of rep from Verizon calls to ask me how my experience was, and I told her. She informs me that I cannot take back the car charger at the Verizon store in my hometown, that I would have to take it back to the store where I purchased it, even though I do not live in that city, and I work two jobs (can't get there). I told her the sales gal did not put my rebate form in the bag that she printed out, and she said that SHE would send me one in the mail, and took my information.

~Guess what? SHE didn't send me the form, either.

~This coincides close to the time where I get my new Verizon bill in the mail...guess what? They added insurance to my account, even though I told them at the store that I didn't want it. I spent 20 minutes on the phone with Verizon getting credited and the insurance taken off.

~I finally get on Verizon chat this week, and the chat rep tries to help me with the rebate form, since two other people obviously can't get it to me. He gets me the information, I enter it in...and now the $50 rebate promotion is saying that it is no longer valid.

~I also find out at work this week, that my company has employee discounts through Verizon. I have worked for this company for a year and a half. This is a 17% discount on my bill, and also on phone purchases, etc. I get on Verizon chat again, and try to see if there is any way my discount could be backdated, since I was never aware of eligibility. I told them I could provide any form of proof of employment they may need. Not only could I have saved 17% for the past 18 months, but I could have just gotten my new phone for $50 cheaper. I was told by the Verizon rep that they couldn't help me, and they could give me a "$5 credit". No offer of compromise, backdating a month or two-nothing.

If you are adding all of this up, here is what I am currently out:

~$50 rebate because two people promised to give me something and didn't, and it ran out.

~$27 for a phone charger I said I didn't want, but was thrown in on the sly with my phone box/phone case/accessories last month with my phone purchase

~Insurance I said I didn't want (I did get this rectified)

~Approximately $324 in company discounts over the past year, and $50 company discount on my phone that I just purchased last month.

This is at least $451 of charges that I have paid for, but shouldn't have...and I get no apologies...just the run around from customer service reps and reasons why they can't help/won't help me. The only person who has been helpful was the phone rep who removed the insurance I didn't want from my account.

Labels (1)
0 Me gusta

Re: VERY UNHAPPY with multiple issues concerning my account.

ynggrsshppr91

There is no employer discounts on phones at all. As for the discount not being applied it is your job to check and make sure its on there. 99% of these things could have been prevented by you reading things before paying or agreeing to the sale

Weth
Líder Sénior

What did the receipt say that you signed?

How is Verizon to know who you work for?

mama23dogs
Líder Sénior

~When I took in my iPhone, no one in the store could help me as far as knowing anything about the issues my out of contract phone was having. They just wanted to sell me a new phone.

Any problems with an iPhone must be addressed to Apple.  Verizon can't touch your iPhone for service.

~When I decided to purchase a new phone, I told the salesgal that I didn't want the payment plan/Edge, that I wanted to pay for the phone straight out, I didn't want to pay for insurance, and I did not need a car charger. She said okay. I also purchased a screen saver while I was there, and a phone case, so I had multiple items purchased. My s5 was supposed to be eligible for a $50 rebate, so she started putting stuff in the big Verizon bag, and told me she was printing out my rebate form. I get home (I do not live in the city where I purchased the phone) and guess what? She didn't put in my $50 rebate form that she printed out, and there is a car charger in the bag that she charged me for, which I told her I did not need.

Before you left the store you signed a receipt for the sale.  Why didn't you read it? 

~The next day, an area managerial type of rep from Verizon calls to ask me how my experience was, and I told her. She informs me that I cannot take back the car charger at the Verizon store in my hometown, that I would have to take it back to the store where I purchased it, even though I do not live in that city, and I work two jobs (can't get there). I told her the sales gal did not put my rebate form in the bag that she printed out, and she said that SHE would send me one in the mail, and took my information.

I agree it's inconveinient, but I can't see a way around it.  You certainly should call and inform the store of the error and that when you can you will return the charger and expect credit.

~Guess what? SHE didn't send me the form, either.

Rebates can be printed online.

~This coincides close to the time where I get my new Verizon bill in the mail...guess what? They added insurance to my account, even though I told them at the store that I didn't want it. I spent 20 minutes on the phone with Verizon getting credited and the insurance taken off.

Also would have been fixed if your read your receipt.  Can also be removed from your account online with no need to call customer service.

~I finally get on Verizon chat this week, and the chat rep tries to help me with the rebate form, since two other people obviously can't get it to me. He gets me the information, I enter it in...and now the $50 rebate promotion is saying that it is no longer valid.

Rebates are based on purchase date.

~I also find out at work this week, that my company has employee discounts through Verizon. I have worked for this company for a year and a half. This is a 17% discount on my bill, and also on phone purchases, etc. I get on Verizon chat again, and try to see if there is any way my discount could be backdated, since I was never aware of eligibility. I told them I could provide any form of proof of employment they may need. Not only could I have saved 17% for the past 18 months, but I could have just gotten my new phone for $50 cheaper. I was told by the Verizon rep that they couldn't help me, and they could give me a "$5 credit". No offer of compromise, backdating a month or two-nothing.

They are not responsible for you not taking the discount and they never discount phones, only service.

One customer to another, you have no basis for these complaints.  I do applaud you for buying your phone outright.  That way you also can keep your line discount.  ( or have you requested the line discount?  It isn't automatic )

dad_of_2

when you baught your case and charger...Could they have sold you a bundle.  When I upgraded my last phone I got a case, screen protector, and charger for 49.99.  Could it have been a better price for to get the car charger??

rcschnoor
Líder Sénior

To add on what mama23dogs posted, you can add or check the status of your employee discount HERE. Adding it to your account is YOUR responsibility, not Verizon's. Verizon will not backdate it and it may take 1-2 billing cycles for it to take effect.

You may want to check to see if you are ALSO eligible for another discount, the month to month discount if you are not currently under contract. This is only applicable to More Everything plans and would be either a $15(for data allowance under 6 GB/month) or a $25(for data allowances of 6 GB and greater) monthly discount on your monthly line access fee. You have to add this manually in your MyVerizon account under features. It will not be added automatically and it will also not be backdated to when you first became eligible.

0 Me gusta

tikibar1
Líder Sénior

rcschnoor wrote:

To add on what mama23dogs posted, you can add or check the status of your employee discount HERE.

Verizon Employee Discount & Employment Validation - Verizon Wireless 

0 Me gusta

rcschnoor
Líder Sénior

Thanks for the catch, I copied the link and then forgot to add it.