cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quisiste decir:
Highlighted

Using international travel plan in Europe

Miembro

Hi!  I will be traveling over to Europe in July for two weeks and see that I can sign up for an international travel plan for $10/day. I will only need to use the phone periodically, so if I activate the plan and then let it lapse after 24 hours, I see I won't be charged as long as the phone isn't in roaming mode and the data is turned off, but if I decide to reactivate it again a few days later, do I simply need to take my phone off of airplane mode and activate the data again or do I have to sign in to My Verizon and reactive the international travel plan?

Also, while overseas, am I utilizing my 3 GB of data, or am I utilizing a set data limit for that 24 hour period?  I thought I saw something about 100MB/day (we'll be in Hungary, Austria and Czech Republic).  Do you think 100GB/day would be sufficient enough if we were to utilize GPS on our phone? 

Thanks for your assistance!

Labels (1)
Pestañas (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas
Highlighted

Re: Using international travel plan in Europe

Líder Sénior

When you don't want to use the phone, make sure you put it in airplane mode and only turn on wifi. That is the safest way to make sure you do not trigger the $10 daily charge. Then when you want to use it, just turn off airplane mode. No need to keep going into My Verizon. You just need the plan on your account and it automatically kicks in. Make sure the countries you are going to are included in the plan.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Líder Sénior

When you don't want to use the phone, make sure you put it in airplane mode and only turn on wifi. That is the safest way to make sure you do not trigger the $10 daily charge. Then when you want to use it, just turn off airplane mode. No need to keep going into My Verizon. You just need the plan on your account and it automatically kicks in. Make sure the countries you are going to are included in the plan.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Miembro

Thank you!  The countries are indeed part of the plan, but I'm still fuzzy on the data limits--whether it is in fact 100MB/day or if I can use as much or as little of my 3 MB plan as I choose to use.  I just worry about going over the data limits if we end up using GPS to get around.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Asistencia al cliente

genericwoman,

I hope you enjoy time traveling. The International Travel Pass is a fantastic option for you to use your phone while traveling. You will only use your data/mins on the day you pay for the fee. Here is more info http://spr.ly/6587B5Lj9
RobinD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Líder Sénior

With the new TravelPass - for the $10 per day, you are basically using your plan in the foreign country. If you have 3 GB data and unlimited text and calls, that is what you get when you are travelling in a covered country. You are using your plan's text, minutes, and data just like you were in USA. Enjoy, sounds like fun!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

Thanks again for your feedback!  This will help make the trip even better having access to GPS. Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

Hola Weth,

Thank you for your answer about Travel Pass.  What if the data allowance (3GB for exmaple here) is all used while traveling in Travel Pass country ?  We will just get charged the normal overage charge ($15/GB) like we are in U.S?  I am asking becuase I am almost done with my monthly data allowance, but my trip takes place during the last few days of my billing cycle.  Gracias

0 Likes
Highlighted

Líder Sénior

Good question.  I have not come across that question yet.  I assume it is $15 per GB, but hopefully Verizon will chime in and confirm. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Asistencia al cliente

That is a great question. You would be charged at the standard rate for overages if you go over your monthly data allowance in usage.

HarleyE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

Thank you Weth and HarleyE from VZ for the confirmation.  Now I know what I will do when my data allowance is exhausted during my trip to Mexico next week.  I just don't want any surprise on my VZ bill when I return.  You guys are helpful and great.  Have a great rest of the week.  

0 Likes