cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:

Upgrade?

Eaxling7
Miembro

Looking to upgrade my Galaxy S5 as it is more than 75% payed off. Part of the deal says that my phone must be in perfect condition. Everything is in perfect condition and works fine other than the fact that the little flimsy plastic charging cover broke off (I haven't seen a single S5 that still has it attached) . Would this little 3 dollar piece of plastic that broke off make me not eligible for an upgrade?

Labels (1)
0 Me gusta
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas
Highlighted

Re: Upgrade?

Weth
Líder Sénior

Replace the $4 part. Verizon on the phone or here will not be able to promise a missing part will be overlooked, no matter how small. Even if someone here or on the phone says it is ok, it will have no bearing on the decision once you send in the phone. Based on what we see on these boards, Verizon looks for ways to give you less value for the phone and you stand the chance of losing much more than $4.

Did you look into paying the $75 left on the phone and then selling the phone yourself? If you can sell for anything more than $75 you are in the black, rather than just surrendering the phone back to Verizon for $0.

View solution in original post

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Ann154
Expert

It is physical damage and would likely be considered as making you ineligible. Have you considered paying for the entire remaining balance of the device purchase? Once it is 100% paid, you don't need to turn in the phone and you can start with a new DPP for a new phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Highlighted

Eaxling7
Miembro

I've found that I can buy a replacement part on Amazon for about 4 dollars. This would be way cheaper than the 75 dollars to fully buy the phone... I don't know how strict Verizon is on this issue because we're talking about a 4 dollar part that breaks in less than 6 months on every single Galaxy S5 ever... Would like to possibly hear from Verizon on this issue, however I don't want to wait on the phone for an hour.

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Weth
Líder Sénior

Replace the $4 part. Verizon on the phone or here will not be able to promise a missing part will be overlooked, no matter how small. Even if someone here or on the phone says it is ok, it will have no bearing on the decision once you send in the phone. Based on what we see on these boards, Verizon looks for ways to give you less value for the phone and you stand the chance of losing much more than $4.

Did you look into paying the $75 left on the phone and then selling the phone yourself? If you can sell for anything more than $75 you are in the black, rather than just surrendering the phone back to Verizon for $0.

View solution in original post

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

rcschnoor
Líder Sénior

Eaxling7 wrote:

I've found that I can buy a replacement part on Amazon for about 4 dollars. This would be way cheaper than the 75 dollars to fully buy the phone...

UNLESS the part you replace it with is identical to the original, it is likely that this would not work. Phones returned as part of the payment plan before paying off fully are only allowed to be repaired by authorized Samsung facilities. IF Verizon can tell that it is not an original part or was replaced at a non-authorized facility would prevent you from returning the phone to fulfill your obligations. You would simply be charged the remaining balance if they can tell that you replaced it yourself.

People who have had their cracked screens replaced by at a non-Apple mall kiosk and returned them for similar upgrades have been charged the remaining balance of their device for non-authorized repairs. Your replacement of the device would fall into the same category.

0 Me gusta