cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

Updated thoughts on switching to Sprint

thegaffney
Miembro

Hello, just looking for any input on switching to Sprint, some of the older threads similar to this question are a year or two old, and I'd imagine they have done some upgrades since then.

Right now on Sprint's site, they will give me 4GB data, an iphone 6s, and a Galaxy S7 for $97 a month (before taxes I'm sure), not a promo, not for a limited time, thats just the regular price.

On Verizon Im paying $165 after taxes for 4GB, an iphone 6 and an S6, it's very tempting to switch, pay $60 less a month and get newer phones. Their coverage map appears to cover all the place I travel/drive through.

Labels (1)
Etiquetas (2)
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas

Re: Updated thoughts on switching to Sprint

Snn5
Líder Sénior

Every carrier is the same:  They offer a service and try to make money.  A carrier is all parts of service, sales, products and the people who control and work for that company.  Every carrier has fine print, has CS reps that work on commission, or work for multiple calling center clients who may or may not know the ins and outs of the company they represent that day.  They all get their product from the same manufacturers, for the most part.

What is also true is that most all carriers have similar coverage in some areas, but not all carriers have the same coverage in every area.  Yes, most are priced within $5-$10 of another carrier's rates.  All of them offer similar phones and devices of same brand or capability.  It comes down to the "perks" offered by each. 

One must choose in this day and age their network based on where they use that network, as the differences seem to be becoming similarities nowadays.  All will have a deal on this phone or that plan, but the difference in price will be made up somewhere, since sophistry is how the game is played.  (cheaper phone/higher rate, cheaper rate/higher device cost)  (Sprint offers 50% off your data, but if you had a $50 T-Mobile plan and switched to Sprint, you'd pay $25, BUT then add on the $20 access charge....you save $5, but coverage might be limited)

Even data seems to be an area of word-play, since T-Mobile offers unlimited high speed data to a cap, then unlimited slow-speed data and offers free video streaming at a reduced quality and free music streaming, and Verizon offers unlimited high speed data to a cap, but offers no free data via reduced video quality or free music streaming, but does offer unlimited slow-speed data.  (T-Mobile limits video quality, but doesn't charge data on some plans for video, but Verizon does NOT reduce video quality, but DOES charge data for video) 

See what they did there?  One gives free data usage, but limits the quality.  The other does NOT limit, but you are reduced in the amount of data you COULD use by NOT reducing consumption via quality reduction.  Sprint makes back that 50% reduction in switching costs by charging that access fee, which is ALREADY part of T-Mobile's plans since they don't separate the line and data fees and instead, call it one plan.

In the end, they are all making money and all have good and bad fine print and CS reps.

View solution in original post

thegaffney
Miembro

Well, I see now that the discount off the line fee is only until May 2018, that is still 21 months of saving $60!

0 Me gusta

DigitalRules

First of all Sprint is much better for voice calls & texts than 2 years ago. The problem is the majority of the frequencies they use for LTE are the least desirable in the industry. Their signal does not travel as far from the towers & has a harder time penetrating structures.

Bottom line, if you happen to live & work in an area with enough Sprint towers in the right places, then it may be a viable option.

Sprint will NEVER have overall coverage better than Verizon. . . . .period.

Community Manager
Community Manager

@thegaffney

The thought of you leaving us really does concern me. However, I can definitely understand your concerns with costs. Let’s see what options are available to you.

How many lines do you currently have with us and what plan are you currently on? Please let me know so that I can further assist.

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Me gusta

Community Manager
Community Manager

thegaffney,

I would be saddened to see you leave the family. Have you done an account analysis lately to review to make sure you are on the best plan available? -> http://vz.to/1nGjWbs

ShirazP_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Me gusta

AMACAITO19
Miembro

I talked to them today about switching, I will be paying less than half of what i am now for 2 lines and the same data. However, I got talked into buying two tablets at Verizon just a few days ago (my husband needed one for school that ran flash, they promised me that this Ellipsis would, and it doesn't) and my mother's ipad is an my account. I'm not quite sure what to do with those. I can return the tables for a $70 restocking fee!! Ugh, but I guess I'll have to suck it up. I just don't know what my best option is, but the deals Sprint has right now are really good. I've been with Verizon for literally twenty years, but I just can't afford their prices and hard sell tactics anymore.

0 Me gusta

th64
Miembro

You can fight the $70 restocking fee, IF your state has a grace time period for contracts signed.  This covers ANY contract you would sign from Cell phones to Auto purchases (even used cars) to Home Mortgages.  Basically, anything with a contract you would sign.  In Minnesota, they are NOT allowed to charge restocking fees or any fees related to discontinuing a contract during the State "Grace Period".  Check with your State Attorney Generals office and Commissioner of Commerce office.  Every state is different on contract terms, that is why on Credit cards you will see how they separate some states differently from things on their contracts.

If worse comes to worse, lodge a complaint with the useless Better Business Bureau.  I say useless as they have no power and much like Yelp, will "clean" bad reports or comments from a Businesses report if you become a "Paying Member".  But some businesses are scared to death of getting a bad grade on the BBB, Walmart, believe it or not, is one of them.  It's amazing how [removed] charges and fees will suddenly be forgiven by some companies when you report them to the BBB.

Best of Luck

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Me gusta

th64
Miembro

I myself am almost done with my 2 year commitment to Verizon.  I am leaving in a few months and never looking back.  I live within 2 blocks of  Sprint and Verizon towers.  I am looking into AT&T as well because I have Direct Tv and they have a killer deal.  I only use my phone for casual calls and garbage internet look ups, so not a real big deal if I don't get solid service everywhere.  Heck, I don't get that now with Verizon.  Virtually no 4G in most places.  I am tired of the constant Plan Changes by Verizon that seem to raise my bill every few months.  What started off as a $100 plan for my wife and I has become nearly $200 with this little add and that little change in the plan.  I am not of the cell phone generation and while it is "cool" to have all the things associated with it, I don't really need them, or even a cell phone.  I was able to survive many years without one.  I feel sorry for the younger generations who are basically addicted to this sort of Tech. 

Regardless, I am bailing on Verizon, I am done playing their games.  There latest scam when you need a new phone is the worst.  You sign a commitment for 2 years and the privilege of making monthly payments on a phone that in the end becomes almost the same price as buying it outright.  Gone is the $100 or $200 phone for signing the 2 year commitment.  What you do now is just lock yourself into Verizon for 2 years for nothing.  Verizon thinks they are so big and so ingrained that they won't lose that title.  Doing garbage like this, they will.  I have no loyalty to Verizon as they have none to me after nearly 20 years.  They can kiss my backside come Feb. 1.  Earlier, if I decide to lock myself into a 2 year program with Sprint or AT&T.

0 Me gusta

AMACAITO19
Miembro

Thanks guys! I agree completely, it's just too much.

0 Me gusta

AUDREE
Miembro

I am searching for the alternative to Verizon as well right now and would love some solid input on Sprint or anyone else for that matter.  We were customers of LA Cellular when Verizon took over so we are talking close to 20 years that we have been with Verizon.  The fact that the prices have increased while the value has decreased is beyond ridiculous.  Verizon had always offered more coverage area so the unfortunate hit to the wallet was a given, the price of being able to get connected any place at any time was what it was.  Well, now that the customer service has literally gone to pot and the willingness to maintain a happy client base is out the window, it is not worth it to maintain my accounts any longer. I've tried speaking to a supervisor who in turn promised her supervisor would call me back.  This has happened 3 times now and while I am writing the address on the bill and I am sending a letter to the PUC, it is going to take time and I would much rather get out now and deal with that junk later so, I would really appreciate some valid suggestions if you have them.

0 Me gusta