cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

Unlimited data plan was grandfathered and kept it since. But I was informed that Verizon will get ride of unlimited data plan by end of Aug, 2016.

yodeb
Miembro

I have unlimited data plan ever since 2001 or so.  I cannot believe when I was told that this unlimited plan will be expiring end of August 2016.

I want to confirm if this is true.   To keep my unlimited data plan, I have been purchasing phone outright and activated phone whenever I need new phone.

It truly upsets me that verizon is actually treating their customers unfairly and leaving customers with really feeling abused all these years and proving that they are not for their customers but for their profits only.  I have been a very loyal customer for more than 10 years, and I really feel abused by Verizon.

Debbie

Labels (1)
Etiquetas (1)
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas

Re: Unlimited data plan was grandfathered and kept it since. But I was informed that Verizon will get ride of unlimited data plan by end of Aug, 2016.

Weth
Líder Sénior

Did you get a letter from Verizon saying your plan will be discontinued on August 31or are you responding to that some people got a letter? It is true that some people that had unlimited and were using "well above 100 GB" per month on average did get a letter and are having their unlimited plans discontinued. If you didn't get a letter you plan is not stopping on August 31. If you did get the letter, then you will be discontinued or switch to a current plan.

Verizon is a for profit company, so it should not surprise you that Verizon makes decisions based on money.  You were hardly abused by Verizon but have enjoyed the best unlimited plan offered by any provider for maby years after it was no longer offered. Rather than counting your blessings you are angry it wasn't forever. I see nothing unfair and this is a business decision by Verizon.

View solution in original post

Re: Unlimited data plan was grandfathered and kept it since. But I was informed that Verizon will get ride of unlimited data plan by end of Aug, 2016.

Weth
Líder Sénior

Did you get a letter from Verizon saying your plan will be discontinued on August 31or are you responding to that some people got a letter? It is true that some people that had unlimited and were using "well above 100 GB" per month on average did get a letter and are having their unlimited plans discontinued. If you didn't get a letter you plan is not stopping on August 31. If you did get the letter, then you will be discontinued or switch to a current plan.

Verizon is a for profit company, so it should not surprise you that Verizon makes decisions based on money.  You were hardly abused by Verizon but have enjoyed the best unlimited plan offered by any provider for maby years after it was no longer offered. Rather than counting your blessings you are angry it wasn't forever. I see nothing unfair and this is a business decision by Verizon.

View solution in original post

mama23dogs
Líder Sénior

I expected to see more actual irate customers who got the letter of doom.

Ann154
Expert

Verizon to disconnect unlimited data customers who use over 100GB/month | Ars Technica

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Me gusta

coolt77
Miembro

Yay, no letter for me I average "just over" 100GB/month on my unlimited plan. I wonder what they consider "well above"? I guess I won't worry about it since I didn't get a letter. VZW will have to pry this plan from my dead, cold hands!! lol

0 Me gusta

rcschnoor
Líder Sénior

coolt77 wrote:

Yay, no letter for me I average "just over" 100GB/month on my unlimited plan. I wonder what they consider "well above"? I guess I won't worry about it since I didn't get a letter. VZW will have to pry this plan from my dead, cold hands!! lol

Maybe so, but that is still a large amount of data. I would not be surprised if they don't further lower the threshold and you at most have saved yourself a few months of usage.

0 Me gusta

Re: Unlimited data plan was grandfathered and kept it since.  But I was informed that Verizon will get ride of unlimited data plan by end of Aug, 2016.

Weth
Líder Sénior

Yes, there is always a round 2...

0 Me gusta

Acrillix

Verizon Wireless will continue to raise the cost of unlimited data like they have been.

0 Me gusta

Re: Unlimited data plan was grandfathered and kept it since.  But I was informed that Verizon will get ride of unlimited data plan by end of Aug, 2016.

mama23dogs
Líder Sénior

I suggest you start bugdgetiing your data to under 100 gigs.  I would expect a round 2 and 3 this year.  

0 Me gusta

BUFFY0528
Miembro

Is anyone else completely disgusted at the almost doubling of the unlimited data plan?  I have been paying $29.99 per month for my unlimited data plan foe going on 20 years and all of the sudden, they jack up the price to $49.99!  I have been a customer since 1997 originally with Alltel and due to a merger, my service was switched to Verizon.  I very much loved the products and services working with Alltel and felt that it was a company that "walked the walk" when they said they care about their customers.  I have never written a complaint; however, I have finally had enough.  I have not upgraded my phone or changed my plan in years because I was told that I could keep my $29.99 unlimited  data plan unless I entered into a new contract to upgrade for a discount on a new phone (an option no longer available) or if I changed my plan for a new promotion.  My only answer when I called Verizon customer service was sorry but you have to suck it up and pay more.  This just proves to me that Verizon doesn't care if I'm a customer or not.  They just want to get every penny they can get from me and who cares about customer satisfaction!

0 Me gusta