cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:

Unlimited data is not unlimited streaming speed

rklytle
Miembro

On April 29, we received a message that we went over our 10GB allowance for our unlimited data home router and will be streaming at 3G rather than 4G for the 28 remaining days of the billing cycle, and it is bull.  We were never told it was going to drop to 3G after 10GB when we signed up, or we would not have.  We were talked into it to save money.  My wife works from home, so this has significantly impacted her connectivity.  It seems like a bait and switch technique that should have been told up front (rather than possible fine print).  Not ever being told is misleading and deceptive.  Possible class action suit material.  They even promote it as stream as much as you want with Unlimited Data.  Should be "stream as much as you can" before your data speed significantly drops.  When I talked to Verizon, they said we were given a promotional "freebee (sic)" unlimited 4G.  When we signed up, we were even told that our unlimited data streaming would actually be going up to 5G LTE from 4G LTE around June 1.  After being told, our freebee data was over, and we would be on 3G on day 3 of our plan, they rep asked if there was nothing else he could help me with, he was going to go and hung up.  It seems that their customer service agents were blindsided as well because they either play unknowledgeable well or simply did not know.  Very frustrating, especially for being a VZW customer for 16+ years.  Why was/is this not being clearly explained to customers before they change good plans?

Labels (1)
Etiquetas (1)
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas

Re: Unlimited data is not unlimited streaming speed

DsimScout
Miembro

Verizon changed their Terms and Conditions on June 2.  I have the 4G LTE Home Phone and Router and would not have switched to the Unlimited Plan if the word routers would have appeared in their terms when I made the switch.

Terms as they were on Feb 14 (when I signed up for Unlimited Data)

verizonplan2.14.17.JPG

Terms on Feb 20, when they added the Unlimited Data provisions.  Note that it says that mobile hot spots/tethering

verizonplan2.20.17_LI.jpg

Terms on June 1.... still the same.

verizonplan6.1.17_LI.jpg

Terms on June 2, note that Mobile Hot Spot/Tethering has changed to Mobile Hot Spot/router/jetpack

verizonplan6.2.17_LI.jpg

View solution in original post

0 Me gusta

Ann154
Expert

The 10 GB limit for LTE high speed hotspot data was always part of the new Verizon Unlimited Plan's terms and conditions.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

rklytle
Miembro

Even if it may have, We were NEVER explained thaT, and it was never discussed/disclosed.  We specifically asked the agent if this would support a home office at this cost.  We explained what our needs were for home:  system speed, network reliability, home security system, etc.  Instead of disclosing this, we were hard sold that switching to this would be more than enough since it was unlimited and going to 5G LTE [Removed]

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

lewisr13
Leader

Hopefully lesson learned. Always do some homework and never assume a salesman is giving up all the fine print.

Empleado de Verizon

Rklytle, we never want you t feel mislead when it comes to the unlimited data plan details. We want to make sure you and your family are on the best plan based off of your needs. I have sent you a private message. Please respond to that message for further assistance.

SylviaT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

harleyman22
Novice

They don't want you to feel misled, but have no problem misleading you.

BPL506
Miembro

[Removed]

confused emoji.jpg

BTW.... Updated speeds: 0.32 download - 0.22 upload.... Sorry for the delay in posting this, but I received a "page unavailable" message 3 times on verizionwireless.com since I didn't have enough speed to load their webpage.

Screenshot taken!

discussing moderation removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

MITCH5173
Miembro

I specifically asked the salesman before I switched if my streaming speed would be throttled after using a certain amount of data, and he answered "NO".  I work from home and I cannot have my data drop to 3G after reaching 10 GB.

Ann154
Expert

The salesperson was misinformed. Unfortunately that isn't a new story.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

harleyman22
Novice

Misinformed is another way of saying that they were played by Verizon as well. Just as the rep in this thread was.

How much faster is 3G than Safety Mode?

They are sent emails that tell them details on how to handle new plans etc. The fact that every sales rep and customer rep was saying the same story tells me this was a plan by Verizon all along. In the long run they are not hurting any of us because we will do whatever we have to do to get out of this and move on to other providers. They are the ones who will be left holding the bag of [removed] on this one. Too bad they're too dumb to realize it.

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service