cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

Unlimited Data With Jetpack

ThePetShopEric
Miembro

With the new unlimited data plan how many GB do i get of 4G LTE speed. I was wondering since im using the jetpack not the feature on my phone doe sit still hav the 10 GB limit??

Labels (1)
Etiquetas (3)
0 Me gusta
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas

Re: Unlimited Data With Jetpack

Weth
Líder Sénior

10 GB with 3G speed after 10 GB

View solution in original post

0 Me gusta

Weth
Líder Sénior

10 GB with 3G speed after 10 GB

View solution in original post

0 Me gusta

TeamWX
Miembro

How slow are 3G speeds?

This is without question the only reason I don't switch to the unlimited plan right now.  I'm not ok with having to pay 10$ more per month for the jetpack line fee and actually getting to use LESS data through my jetpack which is where most my data goes. 

Weth
Líder Sénior

I have not seen what speed is meant by 3G. I suspect it is 512 kbps, but no confirmation.

0 Me gusta

Weth
Líder Sénior

Some sites are reporting that "3G speeds" is 600 kbps

0 Me gusta

klang123
Miembro

In the parts I can decode it appears to be 128kbs or double a MODEM rate at 56kbs. Usable for e-mail pickup but painful for the web.

0 Me gusta

Weth
Líder Sénior

I am seeing multiple reports in published media that it is 600 kbps as the definition of 3G

0 Me gusta

JESUSFREAK3X7
Miembro

The original sales rep that sold me my Jetpack on the new plan assured me that on Jetpacks, the service would fall under the 22GB with network priority coming afterwards. For the first several weeks this appeared to be the case. I'm up to around 48GB on the Jetpack and have only been slowed during peak hours of the night in hot areas. However, there has since been a flag popup on the Mobile app saying that it is slowed after 10GB to 3G speeds. I chatted with two reps who both told me that the Jetpack does have unlimited data, but falls under the hotspot rule which means that the unlimited only includes 10GB at LTE speeds. Nice try Verizon! I had it better with Sprint! At least through them when there was a hint of deception, I had a higher up's phone number and they could fix the issue pretty quick. With Verizon, it seems to be that there is a huge sense of deception taking place. The Jetpack is billed out as a separate line, charged the same amount as a full blown phone but it only has the ability to be used as a hotspot. This is where subscribers need to take their case to Consumerist.com. They generally have the ability to call out companies that like to screw people over!

Community Manager
Community Manager

JESUSFREAK3X7 we understand the concern with your data usage. La mayoría de las veces, los clientes seguirán teniendo la misma experiencia excelente de red wireless cuando superen los 22 GB en su línea durante el ciclo de facturación. Si ya usaste los 22 GB en una línea particular durante tu ciclo de facturación actual y estás en una torre celular que está congestionada en ese momento, tu descarga puede quedar temporalmente detrás de otros clientes de Verizon Wireless, lo que podría producir velocidades de descarga levemente más lentas con relación a la experiencia de otro cliente de Verizon Wireless en la misma torre celular en ese momento. However, with Jetpacks or Hotspot after 10GB of usage data speeds will be lowered to 3G.

YeseniaV_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Me gusta

AustinLenny
Miembro

I agree that the documentation on the unlimited plan is very unclear with respect to Jetpacks.  Verizon has increased the Jetpack per-line charge from $10 to $20 so there would be an assumption that it would get the same 22GB LTE and throttle-based-on-congestion treatment.  I only found out after I switched that it goes to 3G speed after 10GB.  Verizon should either make it more explicit or treat the Jetpacks as phones.  I have moved back to the 24GBXXL plan.  Very disappointed with Verizon on this and I will probably shop for another unlimited vendor.