cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:

Re: Unlimited Data Plans - $20 added to grandfathered plans

Chismes
Líder Sénior

Good luck. Contracts are over and there is no guarantee in pricing. You know that going in and that's what the contract was for. Now the contracts are over they can do as they please with the pricing just as much as you have the ability to move to another carrier.

0 Me gusta

jmambrose
Miembro

No different than them slowing down the data speed after a certain usage. Good luck with that too right. Well the courts won that one. This is no different. Grandfathered means just that. They can raise the prices of the plans but they are discriminating a select few for only one portion of the plan. I might add also that they are giving only 30 days notice. I guess it's just too bad that some of us just spent over $1700.00 for new phones to keep our plans. It would have been a little more acceptable if they were a little more considerate and gave us a years notice.

Ilovemobile
Miembro

I just got a new iPhone and paid full price. I will have to maximize my Data usage now after the increase. I'll stream stuff while I sleep if I have to.

Chismes
Líder Sénior

There's a difference. If you can't see the difference then you'll be wasting money and will lose it. This is the reason why the phones are unlocked and can work on any carrier. You may have spent 1700 but you can take them to any carrier(other than Sprint) and they'll work just fine.

0 Me gusta

Weth
Líder Sénior

Grandfathering is not a legal requirement and in no paper you signed foes it indicate it is guaranteed. .  Your current agreement is 30 day month to month, so 30 days notice is all that's needed. This does not even come close to what discrimination means. 

Did you know Verizon can change prices even if you are on contract?  It just gas to give you the right to cancel the contract instead of agreeing to terms.  Alas, you have no extended contract to give you any pricing protection. 

0 Me gusta

Weth
Líder Sénior

A bit short sighted if you ask me.  That will just make Verizon more likely to tighten the screws on unlimited. Shoot yourself in the foot so to speak. 

0 Me gusta

Toyota4x4van

I find it funny to see the "outrage" when people that still have unlimited data plans are told their price is going to increase by a small amount, considering that they have enjoyed a fixed rate for years while everyone else have been paying more.  I have to ask them; are you still paying the same amount for your electricity that you were 10+ years ago?  Gas?  Water?  How about your groceries?  Have any of those prices increased over the last 5 years or so?  Cable TV?  Internet service?  The cost of providing any service increases over time, that's just common sense.

A business is "in business" to make a profit.  It's simple, really, and "loyalty" is a much abused word, especially on these forums.  I have been with Verizon since the early 90s, not out of loyalty, but because they have provided me with a service that is acceptable for a price that is acceptable.  If either of those things are no longer true, then I will switch to a provider that does give me it.  Would I prefer to pay less?  Certainly, as I would prefer to still be paying 35 cents for a gallon of gas (when I first started driving).  Do I think that's reasonable?  Of course not.

Cry me a river.

jmambrose
Miembro

Ahh perhaps another disgruntled verizon customer who gave up their unlimited data plan. I think the issue is that every year or two you got free phones while the grandfathered customers hade to pay full price. Doesn't seem like a big deal but phones are now $700 and over.  And yes prices do go up as the years go on, that's understandable, but it is fair because everyone bears the burden of the increase. Verizon is singleing out less than 1,% of their customers and for only one feature. I understand that some unlimited customers are data gluttons and probably are the cause of the whole issue. I think the answer is simple. Just let data roll over. So if you have a 10 gig plan you should be allowed 120 gig per year, at the end of the year you settle up. Just as you do with a balanced billing plan for other utilities. Just my opinion. This would help everyone and keep the prices fair and equal to all.

Weth
Líder Sénior

jmambrose wrote:

Ahh perhaps another disgruntled verizon customer who gave up their unlimited data plan. I think the issue is that every year or two you got free phones while the grandfathered customers hade to pay full price. Doesn't seem like a big deal but phones are now $700 and over.  And yes prices do go up as the years go on, that's understandable, but it is fair because everyone bears the burden of the increase. Verizon is singleing out less than 1,% of their customers and for only one feature. I understand that some unlimited customers are data gluttons and probably are the cause of the whole issue. I think the answer is simple. Just let data roll over. So if you have a 10 gig plan you should be allowed 120 gig per year, at the end of the year you settle up. Just as you do with a balanced billing plan for other utilities. Just my opinion. This would help everyone and keep the prices fair and equal to all.

Is it fair if 1% of users pay $1/GB and everyone else pays $10/GB?  Is it fair if those 1% of users cause slowdowns for others who are paying more? Everyone is now paying full price for phones anyway. You are just cherry picking what is fair and not considering the whole picture. You can find just as many reasons it may not be fair. There is no contract that said this is forever or that prices are locked.

There are lots of ways Verizon could change pricing to be more consumer friendly. They chose not to, which is their right. You chose a company that works for you.

Before you throw the disgruntled unlimited line. I did have unlimited, I voluntarily gave it up when it made no financial sense for me. I now have 5 lines, 30 GB of data, $37 per line taxes included. We don't watch our data, we use our phones when we want. We just go smart and use wifi when available but otherwise life is unrestricted. At $37/each the decision has paid for itself over and over. It made no sense to keep something I didn't need just for the principle of it.

It was nice while it lasted

vadnaw
Miembro

We have been faithful Verizon customers for 20 years. My husband has refused to buy a phone from Verizon since they grandfathered him in. We are very upset with this additional charge. In addition, I have been receiving 2 gb a month for $30 since my last contract started. looking at upgrading, but 2gb for $30 is no longer available, I have to choose between 1 gb for $30 or 3 gb for $45, I usually use about 1.75 gb. I am tired of the terms changing in their favor every time I want to upgrade. And changing the perks for signing a 2 year contract, the ability to get a smart phone without paying the outrageous full price for one.  It is ridiculous for them to treat their most loyal customers this way. It is time to jump ship.