cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:

Re: Unlimited Data Plans - $20 added to grandfathered plans

No corresponde

Those other industries tend to have raised prices on all customers...ie all gas customers bills went up, or all electric customers bills went up....not just 1% of the customers

0 Me gusta

Chismes
Líder Sénior

Actually prices did somewhat increase, but you don't see it. Compared to when I was a Verizon customer. I paid $120 a month with unlimited data. If I came back for something that will work for me would have been $180ish. Even with the increase I would have $140. Prices did increase for everyone just that unlimited customers were the last to get it about 3 years later.

0 Me gusta

No corresponde

Verizon Wireless prices on the talk and text portion DID NOT increase in the last 5 years. They actually dropped significantly and gave customers more for their money. Data prices have increased.

Unlimited customers have essentially been paying the same because we have paid more for our talk and text while customers on the tiered plan have paid more for data. But those customers have paid less for talk and text while we have paid less for data.

Chismes
Líder Sénior

Actually they did again you are only looking at face value to prove yourself correct. There were thousands of threads when unlimited went away.

2GB for $30 vs. $30 for unlimited. Price went up no matter how you look at it. Price may look the same but by the very same argument used back then. You pay the same for less which is paying more. Similarly to what happened with Netflix when they split their plans in 1/2 and charged the same price for each half. That's 100% increase in cost for the same plan.

0 Me gusta

Chismes
Líder Sénior

I might add I was on the same plan as you are. I had the 900 minute plan with $20 unlimited text and $30 unlimited data with discount. If I converted to the newer plans I would have paid $180 I may get more minutes whooptidoo.

0 Me gusta

emerald_eyez
Novice

I would say you are correct somewhat in the assumption that talk and text pricing has been going down while data goes up but do you know why?  It's because people now use data far more often then talk/text.  While you may not personally, statistically smartphone users use more data then ever before and far less voice/text.  So, it makes sense that data prices are the costs that have been changing more recently.

0 Me gusta

No corresponde

It's not about being right. I'm simply talking about a fact. talk and text have gone down in price. Data has increased. Under the tiered plan for me I would pay more to get a higher data plan. It would be about a 10 difference in the increase. But I would get unlimited talk, text, and the ability to share data. Shared data alone for unlimited customers is an additional 10-30 depending on what plan you have.

The point of my post was that unlimited users have paid more over time on talk and text. Tiered customers have paid more for data. They essentially wash each other out. Overall the bills are about the same when you compare let's say a 12 gig or even a 20 gig plan.

Chismes
Líder Sénior

You still pay more under the new plan than you do with the old plan even with the $25 discount... Like I have showed above it's a $40 overall increase for unlimited calling compared to my old plan with 900 minutes.

0 Me gusta