cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quisiste decir:
Highlighted

Re: Unlimited Data Plans - $20 added to grandfathered plans

Líder Sénior

Your phone works at other carriers and is unlocked. So I don't see the complaint. If it only worked for Verizon you'd have a point.

Highlighted

Miembro

Yeah its funny, class action lawsuits have no chance. That's  why they just lost 158 million case.  Your gas station analogy doesn't hold water. Yeah as a consumer you have the freedom to choose a price outright. The difference here is if that gas station said you can unlimited gas for a set fee and you meet all their crazy conditions they should honor it.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

Tid, are you referring to another thread? What does unlock phone have anything to do with this conversation?

Highlighted

Of course they can and should be sued for violating the contract/agreement between customers, or violating law. Atleast some positive positive things have come from such lawsuits that are good for consumers, some refunds, pricing adjustments, and more competitive options. A gas station analogy with your car is very relevant. At a gas station or at Verizon you currently do not have any long term fixed pricing guarantees. In fact, quite to the contrary as laid out in your customer agreement. You'll want to check the section around 'rights to make changes' since you had agreed to those terms. It's when they violate that agreement that customers have legitimate cases and can win.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

What changes are lawful? Reasonable changes are acceptable. There's no way a 66% price hike is reasonable or fair. It's clearly a ploy for Verizon to drive away a select few with clear intent to get customers off the unlimited plan.

Highlighted

"CAN VERIZON WIRELESS CHANGE THIS AGREEMENT OR MY SERVICE?

Podemos modificar los precios o cualquier otro término de tu Servicio o de este acuerdo en cualquier momento, pero te notificaremos previamente al respecto, incluyendo una notificación por escrito en caso de que tengas Servicio pospago. Si usa su servicio una vez que la modificación surta efecto, ello supondrá que acepta dicho cambio. If you're a Postpay customer and a change to your Plan or this agreement has a material adverse effect on you, you can cancel the line of Service that has been affected within 60 days of receiving the notice with no early termination fee if we fail to negate the change after you notify us of your objection to it."

So the options you agreed too in such a case are to pay it or cancel. Just like with any other business in our free country we can patronize who we wish and are not forced to deal with a company, or price that we don't agree with. Sure I could complain that Target raised the price of the Ninja blender, after all I'm a RedCard member and have been a long time loyal customer. Or I could just go to Walmart and buy it cheaper. But likewise I'd have no case in court against Target for such an high price increase on a popular item. Competition is good.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

It's clear you don't understand the situation. Good thing my lawyer knows better.  Feel free to add yourself to the class action when we have it ready.

Highlighted

Ok, hopefully your lawyer help you understand you have no case against pricing increases.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Líder Sénior

Mlancaster wrote:

Tid, are you referring to another thread? What does unlock phone have anything to do with this conversation?

you are mad you paid money for a phone at full retail which is set by the manufacturer.  Then you said you want a reimbursement for those...  Which those devices CAN and DO work on other carriers.  So it's not like you are forced to not use a device you purchased on any other carrier of your choice.  You have outs, but don't want to use them.

I wish your lawyer luck.  I hope he is exceptionally good at working with contract law, and understands them very well.  We've already been down this road numerous times(not just with carriers raising prices, but other industries), and all were shut down quickly.  He is probably taking the case because you are going to pay them regardless if they win or lose.  Ask him to do it for free unless he wins, and watch how fast he backs out.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Not applicable

I hear no one on here speaking of how their min/text plan has gone done nearly 80% while unlimited data customers plans have stayed the same. Unlimited data customers unless you are paying the $90 a month do not have unlimited mins. We also don't get to share our data unless we pay and extra $10-$30 a month on top of all other cost. Most of you are paying $20-$40 for unlimited text and mins.

Unlimited data customers were never getting away with paying Verizon any less money. Verizon lowered the cost of talk and text for all of those on tiered plans and most of us did not even complain. We understood that this was the cost of having unlimited data.

While a lot of you are saying how the cost of data has gone up, why are you not also saying the cost to provide talk coverage has gone down....yet we are still be charged at the rates from 5-10 years ago.

This price hike is not fair. On the opposite end of unlimited customers bill we have not seen our rates lowered and no one is speaking on that. So while all of you are saving by paying less for the talk and text portion of your bill while paying more for your data....unlimited customers have simply been doing the opposite for years.

No matter how you try to slice this IT IS A VERY UNFAIR PRICE INCREASE. It is almost discriminatory and I do hope someone files a suit. If our bills on data are going to go up 66% then cut the other half of our bill in half some percentage like it has been done for all those on the tiered plan. 

0 Likes