cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quisiste decir:
Highlighted

Re: Unlimited Data Plans - $20 added to grandfathered plans

Miembro

Verizon is encouraging me to go to another provider for cell phone service. A grandfather plans should be honored at the price point for all the years a customer needed to buy new phones and keep the plan they want. Also, It's been apparent how Verizon has failed to provider data packages that are comparable in our growing technological world.I don't blame people keeping unlimited grandfathered plan since verizon current tier data packages are horrible. Today everyone has smart phones and they use it for a variety of reasons from using it as a GPS features for directions,looking up restaurant websites and menus , checking social media for info, or steaming music on the go. Today everything we use a smart phone will require more and more data. Webpages are built today with more features that require users to use more data, social media as twitter,Reddit,Facebook, Instagram , and etc all require data to download files to view or read images and files. As well, Streaming music is another issues i have with Verizon since I've recently heard smartphone can have FM radio chips but they are disabled so we MUST USE DATA to listen to music on the go.

Verizon if you choose to focus on what's best for Verizon and have no regards to your customer, so be it. You will not get customer loyalty in the future and for every customer you lose , we'll be sure to tell ten more people not to use Verizon and why. Your price tiered price structure isn't relevant to for users to grow in the future for both fun and utility. Lastly, you message to increase grandfathered plan gave no information on why! That is bad courtesy and disrespectful, it shows Verizon had no consideration to try to explain the price increase of $20.00 per month for grandfathered unlimited plans.

Highlighted

Miembro

well said. But don't take your business elsewhere. That is exactly what they want you to do. Its the very reason they did this. I too am apart of this 1%. We're like the step children they don't love. They tried to throttle our usage. That backfired and they got pissed so they came up with this. But if you cancel. What a waste. You have free reign with the best network. The other 99% of customers pay as much as you or more for little crumbs per month. Especially if you bought a new phone. I shelled out 650 for a new s6 edge off ebay. Sometimes I use 10 gigs a month. Sometimes 40 sometimes 80. I can tell you what. If verizon wants to continue playing games I can play too. The more you charge the more I value the definition of unlimited. Expect an average of 80 gigs a month. I'm going to go for 100 just for kicks and I'll take a screen shot and post it.

Highlighted

Miembro

I have been with Verizon since 1993.  Way too loyal.  This tipped me over the edge. We have never abused the unlimited and probably never exceeded 2GB per month.  This is the straw the broke the camels back.  We are leaving Verizon and it looks like my phones will work on straight talk on Verizons backbone without Verizons rules.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Líder Sénior

You have multiple lines with unlimited data and have never exceeded 2 GB in a month on any of them? You are an example of someone who does not need unlimited data and could save  a LOT simply by changing to the Verizon plan.

How much are you paying for your service each month? You can get 2 smartphones with 6 GB/month of shared data for $100/month with unlimited talk/text on the Verizon plan. This is 50% more data each month than you claim to have ever used.

This is most likely less than you were paying BEFORE the price increase and even MORE savings AFTER the increase. I used to have unlimited data, but also did not use more than 2 GB on any of my lines. I made the switch after I figured I could save money by making the switch and STILL use as much data as I would like. I actually don't even come close to my monthly allowance and save a LOT of money over what I would be paying had I kept my unlimited data.

For people who actually use the data, unlimited is a good deal. For people who do not use a lot of data, especially for those with multiple lines, unlimited data IS NOT always the best choice.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

I posted this in another section but it pertains here too.

Well I guess I am one of those "abusers" some of you are talking about.  Although to me it is not abuse if I have been paying since 2010 for unlimited data, plus wifi hotspot for each line.  We live in an area with no other internet of any kind.  Cable, DSL, etc - in fact we do not even have a landline for dial-up (which would suck anyway).  Satellite is worthless and why would I do that when I am paying for unlimited data lines.  All of our computers, PS4, TVs streaming Netflix, use the hotspots.  I will gladly pay for the $20 per line increase as VZW is allowing me to keep my UDPs.  Now my bill for 4 phones - 3 UDPs, and one 5GB phone plan will be just about $400 as the increase just took effect today.  And I am not complaining one bit.  No price increase for all these years, this should have been expected and those like me should be glad we still have it.  The ones who are tethering without paying for the hotspot should be paying for it.  Verizon is a for profit business and things cost what people will pay so if you do not like it you are free to go elsewhere.

Each of our UDP phones uses 50-150GB per month depending on time of year.  My line's usage was 149GB last month.  If any of you with cable internet/wifi looked at your router usage it would be similar I'd imagine.  Get mad and blame me for the increase all you want but I am using the plan for the reason I paid for it in the first place.  No throttling and no one from Verizon has ever sent me a nasty message all these years.  In fact,  if I have to call Verizon for anything they are some of the most helpful and courteous people in customer service I have dealt with.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

In light of VZW decision to raise the price on my plan; leaving to another carrier would just make VZW's day. I don't completely agree with this decision. For example "no longer sustainable", adjusting to reflect the current reality of demand. I know VZW is not surprised of these turn of events, this is what they have hoped for, that's why they stopped unlimited. Next point is the "current reality" of my Nationwide 450 price plan left (UNCHANGED). Please VZW don't forget to address this reality. Subtract the $20 from my minutes plan to compensate for the increase to data.

"Important Message Regarding Your Bill"

Gracias por ser cliente de Verizon. Continuing to provide unlimited

data features at their previous price, which is based on data usage

patterns from 2011 and before, is no longer sustainable. We are adjusting

our price for unlimited data features to better reflect the current reality of

the demand for data driven by video and application use.

Because of this, starting on November 15, 2015, we are increasing the

price of each unlimited data feature by $20/month. If any of your lines

with an unlimited data feature are currently on a two-year contract, the

increase will not begin until you complete your contract term or enter into

a new one.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

I spoke with then today, was told "letters are going our sorry you didn't get one yet" That is what we are going with all are old unlimited plans. I thought ones you where grandfathered in that was it, how can they change it without our approval etc?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Líder Sénior

Your contract says they can and have to give you notification about it. Also since you are under no obligation to stay you can leave as all obligations have been fulfilled.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Expert

The notification about the bill increase was in the bill October bill) prior to the increase and there was a notification when you signed into your MyVerizon account online between October 15 and November 15. If you missed both of those notifications, I don't know what to tell you. I definitely saw them.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Líder Sénior

wccata wrote:

how can they change it without our approval etc?

I guess I don't understand your statement. They CAN'T change it without your approval. If you continue to use it and pay the increase, then you DO approve the increase and will be billed at that rate. If you move on to another Verizon plan without unlimited data or another provider, then you DON'T approve the increase and won't have to pay it.

Your continuation with unlimited data is your approval. Changing from unlimited data to something else, either with Verizon or another provider is tantamount to not approving.