cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Unlimited Data Plans - $20 added to grandfathered plans

Miembro

Toyota..cry you a river? At no time has there been a fixed rate for unlimited users. The unlimited plan l signed up for was $127 a month. That plan, over the years, increased to $137 a month. During that time l/we continued to make those payments (even though Verizon was throttling my speeds), and now after losing that battle, the slam a $20 per month increase onto my bill. So yes, l call bs on the increase. $240 a year increase because we are grandfathered in? I have yet to hear a reasonable explanation as to why this was necessary... Just a push to force everyone onto their tiered packages.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Leader

I can't be the only person with unlimited data whose price has never increased (did you change plans through the years or end up on one with an access fee? Or one of the old Alltel plans I think that had data all inclusive instead of as a separate feature?) nor had my data throttled. Of course, I haven't switched plans (still on a nationwide plan with the old pick 5 friends and family for unlimited calls to those numbers) and I don't have a line access fee so maybe that's why I've never had an increase. My unlimited data has been $29.99 the whole time I've had it. Only other data price I ever paid was a long time ago when it was $5 and it was back when I had the LG Envy I think. Otherwise it was $29.99 for the blackberry and then moved over to the iPhone 4 when it released and continued to be $29.99.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

I just figured something out. Verizon is giving us a place to complain about their price increase.. but who else is seeing this besides us? We should be complaining to the public and see how they appreciate how they treat their long time customers.

0 Likes
Highlighted

This forum is open to the public, and can be viewed by anyone with Internet access.

Highlighted

Miembro

Heard rumors about the price increase a few months ago, but just got my bill and noticed that $20 dollar increase today.  I got rid of Verizon "Fios" for the very same reason..... Poor service and cooperate creed nickel and diming.  CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHEN/IF YOU FIND A BETTER DEAL?  I WILL SWITCH TOMORROW.   Thank you and happy holidays

P.S.  [removed] Verizon!!!!!!!

Profanity removed as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service.

Gracias,

Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

Your comparing rate increases minimal at a time for years not all at once.  You also get screwed when getting new phones at full prices because they are trying to force you off this plan.  If Verizon was losing money I would agree to raising prices but they aren't. If they told me my rate would increase little each year that would be acceptable too, but they're not doing that. They are purposely going after us because our unlimited plan. They are trying to make us leave and that's what they want. I say don't leave and start class action lawsiut!  I'm going to speak to my lawyer tomorrow.

0 Likes

Miembro

If you want to increase my rate plan, then reimburse me full price phones I've spent over the years. I get a new phone every year or two. Do that and I'll welcome the rate increase!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Líder Sénior

They don't make money off the phones like you think they do...  That's one of the problems and misconceptions.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

That's not the point. I pay 800 for the phone just because I'm unlimited plan. Verizon creates unjust situations to get you to leave. So I stayed and pay the full prices for phones because I want my unlimited data plan. Now they are unjustly raising prices 66% to force us out. No matter how you put it this is unfair practices.

0 Likes
Highlighted

That whole lawyer and class action thing is actually really funny. That would be like trying to sue a gas station for raising prices when you are free to take your car to another gas station of your choice. Or stay at that station or buy lower grade/cost fuel. Likewise you are free to take your phone to the carrier of your choice, or stay or change your plan if you wish. Ahhh capitalism... Sure it sucks when prices go up but there is nothing illegal about it so maybe venting some can help you feel better. I've had leasing companies and insurance companies raise thier rates and fees before also, again which sucks, but they can. I'd also have no chance in winning a lawsuit against them either, as I'm not forced to comply with thier prices if I choose not to. I could also change rates/coverage or choose another company to do business with.