cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quisiste decir:
Highlighted

Re: Unlimited Data Plans - $20 added to grandfathered plans

Líder Sénior

What plan could you possibly have where you have 3 phones, only 3 GB of data usage and your monthly bill is $328?

You certainly need to look into changing your plan. Many people on here would be able to point you in the right direction if you would provide more information.

For example on the Verizon Plan you can get 6 GB of data(double your current usage) for $60. If you have 3 phones under contract, you would have line access fees of $40/line. If your phones are out of contract or on DPP, you would have line access fees of $20/line. So the MAXIMUM before taxes/fees/phone payments would be $180/month. THAT is for your wireless service.

You are either on a plan not suitable for your needs or you have a LOT of other things on your bill besides your wireless service, i.e. insurance, overages, ringback tones, purchases, etc...

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

I love the fact that Verizon says that us 1 percenters are bring down the network. If 1% of your clients really impact your operation, you have bigger problems.  Like most (if not all) I am not happy about this upcharge.  I have two lines so my bill will go up $40 which increases my overall bill by about 30%. 

I rather Verizon gave us a cap or choice.  Like keep your $30/month data but capped at something reasonable like 50 gigs. Or if you didn't accept that, pay the additional $20/month and keep unlimited.  50 gigs should be plenty for most users on unlimited.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Líder Sénior

Kabachy wrote:

I love the fact that Verizon says that us 1 percenters are bring down the network. If 1% of your clients really impact your operation, you have bigger problems.  Like most (if not all) I am not happy about this upcharge.  I have two lines so my bill will go up $40 which increases my overall bill by about 30%.

I rather Verizon gave us a cap or choice.  Like keep your $30/month data but capped at something reasonable like 50 gigs. Or if you didn't accept that, pay the additional $20/month and keep unlimited.  50 gigs should be plenty for most users on unlimited.

Not sure what you mean by a cap. That would mean you lose unlimited? You already have that choice. Keep unlimited and pay the price increase.or choose whatever cap you want at the current available data prices.Smiley Happy

You can keep your $30/month data, it is just that the cap is not what you want. The cap for $30/month is currentlly 1 GB on the Verizon Plan. For you with 2 lines @ $30/line, though, that is $60 total for a cap of 6 GB of shared data. You can triple that cap to 18 GB of shared data for the NEW price of unlimited data with your 2 x $50 = $100 data cost. No matter HOW you slice it, the $20 increase for unlimited data is STILL the better deal, ESPECIALLY if you need the 50 GB/line for your suggested cap. That is STILL only $1/GB vs $5.56/GB and an 18 GB data cap.Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

Yes but as you pointed out, those data plans suck compared to what we have.  If verizons goal is to get people off unlimited, then offer those on unlimited a decent offer such as 50 gigs for the same $30/month. No one is going to give up their unlimited for 1 gig.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Líder Sénior

Kabachy wrote:

Yes but as you pointed out, those data plans suck compared to what we have.  If verizons goal is to get people off unlimited, then offer those on unlimited a decent offer such as 50 gigs for the same $30/month. No one is going to give up their unlimited for 1 gig.

And I never stated that they didn't suck compared to what you have if your usage warrants it. I am simply stating that the NEW unlimited data price is STILL a good deal than shared data IF YOUR USAGE WARRANTS IT. Not everyone's usage warrants it. Some people still have unlimited data as a status symbol even if they could get as much data as they needed or ever used for a LOWER price on a different plan. For THOSE people, unlimited data prices SUCK more than shared data.

I currently pay $100 for data across 4 lines. My old data price of $120 when I had unlimited data ADDED to my $120 calling plan cost for a total of $240 + taxes/fees SUCKS when compared to the $185/month I currently pay Verizon. Having that bumped up ANOTHER $80 for 4 lines with unlimited data would SUCK even more. No, I am happy with my shared data.Smiley Happy

IF I had data needs which warranted unlimited data, I would be happy to keep unlimited data over shared data EVEN with the price increase as the alternative would be much more expensive. IF you need unlimited data, the NEW price is still a good deal.Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Highlighted

Not applicable

Again I think you are comparing a family plan to a single plan. I could never just add a phone for $20 a month and that phone use my same unlimited data. that was never an option. (I tried years ago)

0 Likes
Highlighted

Not applicable

It's a good deal to you because of the price of the data you pay....but you also pay 50%  or more less for line access. When you compare single line plans today to those under the unlimited plan they pretty much average out. The $20 increase what not necessary.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Líder Sénior

India726 wrote:

Again I think you are comparing a family plan to a single plan. I could never just add a phone for $20 a month and that phone use my same unlimited data. that was never an option. (I tried years ago)

So am I to assume the people on Nationwide Family Plans with multiple lines with unlimited data(as I USED to have) don't count in this complaint with the unlimited data price hike?????

I think THOSE people may have a different perspective than you do. After all, THEIR bill is going up by a MULTIPLE of $20, not JUST $20 as yours is.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Líder Sénior

India726 wrote:

It's a good deal to you because of the price of the data you pay....but you also pay 50%  or more less for line access. When you compare single line plans today to those under the unlimited plan they pretty much average out. The $20 increase what not necessary.

Yes, as is the unlimited data price YOU pay after the price increase because of the data you use. It is STILL a good deal.

Yes, I have a familly plan. MANY people with unlimited data ALSO have family plans. Their bills are going up more than yours.

That doesn't mean that in EITHER instance a tiered data may not be a better choice for some and not for others. Unlimited data usage for SINGLE LINE PLANS with less than 6 GB of data usage CAN see a lower bill on a TIERED plan. $60 for data, $20 for line access = $80 for tiered data. $50 for unlimited data + $40 for calling plan = $90. Tiered data wins. Blanket statements such that people are crazy to give up unlimited data simply don't always hold true.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

I agree, Been a loyal customer since 2001. Everyone always said I was crazy to be with Verizon. In the past year I have not been happy with my cell Service I am always on 3G rarely on LTE. They say they are the most reliable network. I'm calling [removal required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service]. I'm out with friends and here I am on 3G with 3 bars and they are on 4G with another carrier. I have already contact them through chat and phone and they didn't even care. What happen to Verizon wireless wants their customers happy.  Well according to our little message we were seeing the first month of November did it or did it not say that this $20.00 fee will not take effect until your contract is up OR a new one has begun. Which makes no sense what so ever. Like you said we are the  1% so let all their New customers pay for our unlimited data. They should have been loyal like we all have.

I swear it seems it doesn't matter anymore if you have been a loyal customer, they give great deals to all their new customers and treat us like crap.   Most likely will be going to another carrier where I will be getting a better, cheaper deal, and better service.

0 Likes