Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

Re: Unlimited Data Plans - $20 added to grandfathered plans

rcschnoor
Líder Sénior

Rabbitz wrote:

It just irks me that I spent so much money on the phone to keep what they are now taking away.

Except they are not taking it away, simply changing the price.

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Rabbitz
Miembro

I understand your point, but changing the price, to me, IS taking it away. $29.99 a month is gone.

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

rcschnoor
Líder Sénior

Rabbitz wrote:

I find it amusing that folks who obviously do not have the unlimited plan are on here trying to say "too bad, so sad". You don't have a nickel in this dime - so what is your motive? I filed a complaint with the FCC about the extra charge because it's my right. I know that Verizon can jack up the prices at any time - I was a senior sales rep for this company for 7 years out of a corporate store. (left in 2013)  I know all the tricks of this trade. I have purchased my last 2 smartphones, one quite recently, at full retail price - so that is where Verizon is recouping its costs for providing me with unlimited data (of which I really use 4-5 GB a month) - they don't have to subsidize my phone. A Verizon corporate rep called me re: my complaint and said, in a nutshell, "Sorry you are unhappy. Let's move you to a 2GB plan to avoid any increase!" I said, are you even looking at my account, at my data usage? I use from 4-5 GB per month! WTH.

I would be curious how much your monthly bill currently is.

IF you would have switched to More Everything BEFORE they changed it to the Verizon plan, you could have gotten 10 GB/month for $80 and a $15 line access fee with the out of contract $25 line access fee discount. That comes to a $95/month bill before taxes. If you are UDP with the Nationwide Single line plan with the minimum minutes and unlimited texting that comes to $60 for the calling plan + $30 for the UDP for a total of $90/month bill before taxes. That is with DOUBLE your claimed usage for only $5/month more. With the UDP price increase, it makes even more sense to switch for people such as yourself who do not use a whole lot of data. With the Verizon plan you would get 12 GB with a $100/month bill before taxes if you made the switch right now.

Additionally, I pay less taxes/fees on More Everything than I did on Nationwide, so your TOTAL bill may even be less than it currently is.

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Rabbitz
Miembro

I get a 19% access discount because of where I work. My bill, before they add the extra charge this coming bill cycle, is roughly $78.00, including taxes. Thank you for the math on the plans - but I don't want to pay around $100.00 when I have been paying roughly $78.00! (I am still on Nationwide 450 (unlimited M2M voice) with 500 text (unlimited M2M text) with the $29.99 unlimited.

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

rcschnoor
Líder Sénior

Rabbitz wrote:

I get a 19% access discount because of where I work. My bill, before they add the extra charge this coming bill cycle, is roughly $78.00, including taxes. Thank you for the math on the plans - but I don't want to pay around $100.00 when I have been paying roughly $78.00! (I am still on Nationwide 450 (unlimited M2M voice) with 500 text (unlimited M2M text) with the $29.99 unlimited.

Like I said, your discount will come off your data charge. On the Verizon plan, 12 GB is $80 less your 19% discount would bring it to $64.80. With the $20 line access fee that is $84.80. I pay $5/month taxes/fees on my out of contract lines. With that added your bill would be around $90 with 12 GB of data. If you only use 4-5 GB as your earlier post stated, your bill COULD be even lower. 6 GB for $60(L data tier on Verizon plan) less 19% discount = $48.60 + $20 line access fee = $68.60. Add $5 for taxes and you are STILL under your current roughly $78 monthly bill which will soon be increasing to $98/month with the UDP price increase! Of course there are OTHER benefits of the Verizon plan over the older Nationwide plans which I have not pointed out here.

I am simply pointing out UDP is not always the best choice UNLESS your data usage calls for it. For MANY people, you will pay LESS by giving it up. Keep in mind, ever since moving to shared data, Verizon has slowly been lowering the price of the data tiers(when first introduced it was $50 for 1 GB of shared data, NOW you get 6 GB for $60!!!!!) so it is likely you may even be able to lower your bill even further as time goes forward.

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Rabbitz
Miembro

Hmmm...good calculations. Thank you for your input I will definitely look into this. It still irks me!!!!!!! HAHA

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

K_10
Miembro

Oh, I've used 36 gb in 2 weeks streaming Netflix with my hotspot. I'm using the crud out of my unlimited data due to the price increase.

0 Me gusta

E_Pedersen
Miembro

Look at my name. I come from a land where the infrastructure is free to the people. In 2011 the UN declared Internet access a human right. We still don't charge for a glass of water and yet it costs a lot of different people a lot of money to bring it to you. Anyway, who said it was black and white? We all know it costs to maintain and keep up, but that isn't this issue. This isn't even about what it costs for them to provide that little group of people with service. This is an emotional issue for people who had an allegiance to Verizon. They just want to express their frustration and not argue with someone. Why not just let people do that? There is no question that there is an INVESTMENT to improve network bandwidth plus all the infrastructure and capacity, but they don't make those decisions based on the income from 1% of their customers. As a stock owner, it frustrates me to see a CEO take public pot shots at a client sector regardless of size. Verizon's profits have gone from a loss to a staggering profit in recent years by increasing costs to customers. Ironically, the service keeps getting worse for us.

Highlighted

Chismes
Líder Sénior

Yes you do pay for water... Everything has a cost just because you don't see where the money goes it comes indirectly from taxes if you don't pay anything or appear to.

Highlighted

Chismes
Líder Sénior

You water analogy if PERFECT... You pay for someone to bring the water to you just as much as you pay someone to bring the internet to you... You are not paying for the internet.

0 Me gusta