cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quisiste decir:
Highlighted

Re: Unlimited Data Plans - $20 added to grandfathered plans

Miembro

I've got a question, when I go online and look at my account/plan, the new fee for data is not there.  I thought it kicked in on 11/15.

I switched 2 of my 3 UDP lines onto the new verizon plan and kept one UDP for my line.  I did wonder if it all wasn't some terrible prank to get us to switch and then they laugh and say, "bwahaha, we weren't ever going to increase your rate"

0 Likes
Highlighted

Líder Sénior

It kicks in on your next billing cycle.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

I read an article saying that Verizon would allow you to keep your unlimited plan if you updated your phone and paid the monthly lease price.  Anyone know if there is any truth to this?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Expert

You could always update your phone if you are willing to pay the full retail price. After November 15, 2015, unlimited smartphone data plan customers can choose to purchase a new phone under the Device Payment Plan which spreads the full retail price of the phone over 24 months.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Highlighted

Miembro

Verizon, how i now hate you. I have always bragged about your company, now I will tell everyone to never go through you. You have lost another long loyal member.

Highlighted

Líder Sénior

So Sprint upped their unlimited to $40

T-Mobile upped theirs to $45

AT&T upped theirs to $35

Verizon is now $50

People weren't expecting price hikes?

0 Likes

Miembro

To $50, no that's absurd. That is a 66% plus increase. I understand $5 not $20.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Líder Sénior

If you looked about it ranged from 5-20.  Also you have to consider AT&T throttles or rather the other 3 throttle while Verizon regulated can't be throttled in any way thanks to block C.  T-Mobile depriortizes you at 20GB, AT&T does it at 10GB(used to be 5 iirc), and Sprint does it at 10GB also.  So during congestion they give priority to others over you.  Verizon can't do this and if you can use 40mbps they have to give you 40mbps.  So the data plans may look the same and the prices may be different but what is offered is also different.  Just some food for thought.  These plans are also comparable to landline plans to boot

Highlighted

Miembro

Yes that is true now.  As of 11/15, if you have unlimited and want to get a new phone, you can pay the monthly lease price in addition to your regular bill.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Leader

it's a purchase, not a lease.

0 Likes