cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:

Re: Unlimited Data Plans - $20 added to grandfathered plans

kaebfly
Leader

It's honestly not that big of a hassle but your hassle has absolutely nothing to do with what your company should have to pay for. They are not and should not be required to make your personal life easier for you by giving you a free phone to use for your personal enjoyment. If it's that big of a deal for you to carry two phones, both of which combined still wouldn't weigh a pound then how about putting your personal phone away while you're on the clock? You know...what you should be doing anyway. Remember when if your emergency calls needed to reach you they called your job? Same concept. Because outside of someone non-work related needing to contact you for an emergency there is no need for you to be using your personal phone except when you are on breaks or once you get off of work. Business and personal should not be conducted on the same phone anyway...unless you are self employed. And even then it can become an issue (if you're reporting your cellphone bills as a business expense for example and then are audited it can become an issue).

Highlighted

Protosouls
Miembro

That is your opinion, and you are entitled to it. However, I disagree with

you.

0 Me gusta

jbt816
Miembro

Has anyone heard how much the Mobile Hotspot will increase on November 15?  I assume $20 as well.

0 Me gusta

kaebfly
Leader

No mention of the hotspot price increasing so I would assume it will remain the same.

DamirD
Miembro

Recently bought a phone without any subsidies in exchange of the promise by the store that my UDP (UNLIMITED DATA PLAN) will not change. 17 Days after buying the GS6 at retail price, the announcement of a price increase contradicted what has been told to me by Verizon Wireless reps at this location "The Village at Allen, 190 E Stacy Rd#4030, Allen, TX 75002". Went back asking for refund on my phone because I am now looking into switching carriers due to having 3 unlimited lines (increase of $60 total) whose all phones have been bought at retail price in the past 3+ years, and I was told I cannot return my Galaxy S 6 because my 14 days have expired. Have been told I can take my phone to other carriers possibly? No guaranty, and then I would be left without any Software updates regarding security and OS upgrades, since it requires me to be on the Verizon Wireless network in order to receive them OTA updates. Basically I am forfeiting any future support to my GS6 if I leave Verizon, and other phones like the Galaxy S5 and Note 3 of possible future updates. Also we have a 4th line as emergency phone at our house with verizonwireless, which is under contract and would require also a termination fee if we were to leave due to the price increase. Those are deceptive business practices, Verizon Wireless should not be allowed to due that, do the right thing, instead of trying to alienate probably the most loyal costumers (I am a customer since October of 2009).

Whatever happened to treating your most loyal costumers right, we are not asking for subsided phone upgrades, hence most of us buying phones like the Galaxy S4 at $600, NOTE 3 at $800, the Galaxy S5 at $600+ and the Galaxy S6 at $600 at releases, while still playing the full price on services without any subsides on Verizon part on the phones or plans. Another thing that I also cannot wrap my head around, according to some of your statements, that the less than 1% costumers with UDP, most of us could save money by switching and paying less, because the average user uses about 3gb of data. But then you state that the reason for the price increase is that we are USING TO MUCH DATA, and it is taxing your infrastructure physically and monetarily?

Now I am sure there are individuals who have rooted versions the Phones and are bypassing the Hotspot options by not paying the $30 a month for it, and are using 100s of GB of data for their home network, those are the individuals you should be going after, since they are knowingly violating the terms originally laid out in the contract last they signed. Have them either pay for the Hotspot, whose $30 dollar charge is anticipated to pay for the extra load/expense on the Verizon Wireless network, or drop them for violating the original contract.

Punishing the rest of us by charging $20 more per line because of the few is wrong way of approaching it, and possibly drive me and my family away as the loyal costumers we have been for nearly 7-8 years away. To me it seems, you are anticipating that many of us will still stay, and by collecting $20 more per line, will just increase your revenue overall more, that it would by just dropping the Hotspot feature violators or making the pay the $30 that they should.

Chismes
Líder Sénior

They didn't contridict at all. What they told you is that you would keep your unlimited data instead of moving to a teired plan.

0 Me gusta

DamirD
Miembro

Increase in price is a change to the plan. They said my plan will stay the same. With your logic, one could say yes, your bill will be now double, even thought we said there will be no change to the plan after spending $600 on a phone that I am limited to taking to different carries. And with that I am forfeited any future patches and OS upgrades, since you're required to have VZW services in order to get them OTA. Not to mention the emergency phone at the house is under contract that has a termination fee also adding to the cost of switching.

Chismes
Líder Sénior

No it is not... The plan is still the same but the price has changed. There's a difference.

0 Me gusta

kaebfly
Leader

You have options if you don't want to pay the increased price just like the rest of us in this situation have. You can sell your phones if you plan to switch carriers and use the proceeds towards getting new phones. You can check out any switching incentives the carrier you choose may have (may even apply to the line under contact). You could opt to switch to a tiered plan if your usage isn't really cost effective to the price increase (and for some people, they were paying too much just to keep unlimited). Options exist. They may not be what makes you happiest since switching probably won't get you unlimited data either, but they are options if paying more or changing data plans isn't something you want to do.

And I'm sorry...if you're a more loyal customer because you've been with Verizon since 2009 I'd love to know what I would be labeled since I've been a customer since 2000.

jbt816
Miembro

Thanks.  That would be nice.  I'm not finding any mention of it anywhere either.

0 Me gusta