cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:

Re: Unlimited Data Plans - $20 added to grandfathered plans

BrownSugar67
Novice

Verizon promises an open road for unlimited-data customers

The company may have raised the price of its grandfathered unlimited-data plan, but it says it won't try to slow down its heaviest users.http://enews.cnet.com/ct/25024779:29878000927:m:1:1135691449:9a051372a48bc1fc835fd1b7660ea73a:r

0 Me gusta

rcschnoor
Líder Sénior

That may be true, but it has nothing to do with my post.Smiley Happy

0 Me gusta

Weth
Líder Sénior

Verizon does have terms in your agreement about abusing it.  Verizon also has the right to increase prices or cancel unlimited at anytime, just as you say you have this short sighted right to abuse the system.  Your statement is just what Verizon wants to here and you fall right into their trap.  You are so afraid of metered data, you will pay more to keep Unlimited. You have no problem paying $20 to avoid a "hassle".  Ok will it be $40, $60 more?  

AS far as business users, I think rcschnoor nails it with his Statements. 

I hate if you were my friend and I took you to dinner and said "dinner is on me, have whatever you want".  That us an unlimited offer but with your attitude, it would be the last time I take out after I get my $1000 dinner check and a "unlimited means unlimited" quip from you.

Verizon doesn't need a reason though.  They are separate agreements. 

Protosouls
Miembro

Haha, this example is amusing. This is an apples and oranges comparison. Your friend (if you have any) would not order $1000 worth of food because it is a social norm to order reasonably when someone else is nice enough to pay fo it. That is a totally different issue. If we were to use your example, if you took your friend to civil court over the $1000 dinner bill you would surely lose because you stated that they could get whatever they wanted, essentially setting up no boundaries.

As far as business unlimited plans go I have only met one business person who carries two phones because his company frowns upon using his work phone for personal use. This is another ridiculous concept, why have an employee pay for their own phone when you are already proving one. That is just ludicrous.

0 Me gusta

rcschnoor
Líder Sénior

Protosouls wrote:

As far as business unlimited plans go I have only met one business person who carries two phones because his company frowns upon using his work phone for personal use. This is another ridiculous concept, why have an employee pay for their own phone when you are already proving one. That is just ludicrous.

When Nationwide plans were in effect, there were 2 separate "unlimited" data plans. There was the $29.99 unlimited data plan. There was also the $49.99 unlimited "enterprise" data plan for business use. THAT is most likely the "unlimited" data plan referenced which is not going to see a price increase. Thing is, they were ALREADY paying the new "increased" price.

Weth
Líder Sénior

Your answer is precisely what is expected. Now we have concluded the relationship between you and Verizon is purely business. As such, as long as it is legal, Verizon can charge you whatever they want, and cancel whatever they want at any time within the contractual obligations between you and Verizon. Therefore, this whole discussion is mute as "fairness" "social norms" "expectations" were all taken out of the equation by your own admission that this is purely business.

0 Me gusta

Protosouls
Miembro

Please provide me with a quote where I said anything that had to do with my relationship with Verizon.

0 Me gusta

Weth
Líder Sénior

apples to oranges comparison - personal vs business implied. You also stated show me anywhere I can't use unlimited data with no repercussions implying a strict business relationship held in check only by what is in a contract (which by the way expires every month with you and is only reinstated month to month). Bottom line, Verizon is in their right to cancel unlimited, or charge you $500/month for it if they so choose. You have the option of agreeing or moving on.

0 Me gusta

kaebfly
Leader

Why is it ludicrous that a business, who pays for the phone and service require that their employees only use that phone and service for business? They aren't your parents and didn't provide the phone for personal social use and entertainment. It's a part of the work equipment. For anyone to find it difficult to comprehend how wrong it is to think that you should be able to use a business phone in any personal capacity that you wish because you shouldn't have to pay for you own...well it says a lot about their ethics. If a person wants to be able to do whatever they want with something then they need to make sure that item is theirs and that they are paying for it so their employer couldn't dictate how they choose to use it.

Highlighted

Protosouls
Miembro

It is a hassle to have to carry two phones. If I were in that situation I

would just use my personal phone for business. Makes no sense to have two

cell phones.

Weth, you seem to be confusing The definition of business in my comment. I

was referring to a plan that is available to people who work for a company

and not a relationship between Verizon and I.

0 Me gusta