cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:

Re: Unlimited Data Plans - $20 added to grandfathered plans

Weth
Líder Sénior

Many unlimited customers overestimate their collective impact on the bottom line and underestimate their impact on the network.

Protosouls
Miembro

Okay first of all I'm tired of people talking about network usage. It is irrelevant if you have an unlimited data plan or not. Someone who can afford to use as much data as they want can slow down the network as well, so why does it matter how much they pay? Oh right, because it is all about money. Also, business plans still have unlimited data and are not going to see this  $20 increase, what is the difference between a business person using alot of data and slowing down the network and some random person with an unlimited data. It just makes no sense.

P.S. toyota4x4van you are just upset because you no longer have unlimited data, and you are welcome to leave this conversation that you have nothing to do with Smiley Very Happy

0 Me gusta

Weth
Líder Sénior

It is not the same at all.  If you have unlimited and use the 100 GB every month, Verizon gets $360 a year to put back into infrastructure to support data usage.  If a metered user uses the same 100 GB every month, Verizon gets $6000 a year to put back into infrastructure improvements.  Which is more sustainable? 

It may make no sense to you, but as far as Verizon is concerned, it doesn't matter as this is nothing more than a legitamate business decision. 

kaebfly
Leader

I get that and don't dispute it but you would think if it's about the money they can put back in to the infrastructure they would change the price for ALL unlimited plan users regardless of if they are unlimited business plan users, old Alltel plan users, or the ones that they will be charging more. I just feel like if they claim there is a sustainability issue then it should apply to all unlimited data plan holders and not have exclusions. Then again, I highly doubt most unlimited data plan users are somehow using that large number of data you mentioned. I know there are some that are just abusing the system but I doubt the number is that high. Maybe I'm naive but I don't care who you are or how much you spend...if you're using that much you shouldn't be allowed to keep doing it. I don't care if it's unlimited or not. Get home/office wifi service if for some reason you really need to burn through that kind of data. There is absolutely no legitimate reason for anyone to do it.

0 Me gusta

Weth
Líder Sénior

The vast majority are not, of course, but it does illustrate my point. It is not an unrealistic number as some are using that and more.  That is not what unlimited data on phone was intended, as you say, but look at the previous poster emphasizing unlimited means I can use as much as I want, to **ll to everyone else.  The sense of entitlement leads directly to the loss of unlimited and the ongoing price increase.  Yet they remain blind to that link. 

0 Me gusta

kaebfly
Leader

It can't be denied...some people are...well...yeah I'm sure we all can finish that statement with ease lol. I'm all for Verizon and any other carrier shutting down people that grossly abuse the system. I don't agree that everyone should be punished for the actions of a few. i don't care if you are on a tiered plan and use 100gb or if you're on unlimited and do it. It shouldn't happen. Mobile was never intended for that usage and honestly...you have too much time on your hands if you even have the time to use that kind of data. If you need high data usage you need a service intended for that. If you're streaming that much stop being cheap and pay for cable/satellite/DVD sets/NFL Sunday Ticket/a movie ticket/etc. Life existed before you were ever able to stream yourself silly. But I digress. People can't be bothered to stop being constantly connected to their devices for entertainment (I'm almost positive that most high data users are the ones that are streaming a lot or doing something else that is solely for entertainment).

Highlighted

Protosouls
Miembro

When I first purchased my unlimited plan Verizon didn't say anywhere that

unlimited data is only unlimited if you don't use too much or abuse it. By

definition unlimited means that there is no limit, so you can use as much

as you want. If I want to use 1000gb a month I can, why you ask? Because it

is unlimited. Someone please address the issue of business unlimited users

not seeing a price increase, I would love to hear a reason for that.

BrownSugar67
Novice

Now you see why they are raising the price. I read it will state unlimited they are not doing like the rest of the carriers once you reach a certain amount of data it starts slowing down.

0 Me gusta

Protosouls
Miembro

Yes, it will stay unlimited. Verizon did away with their "network

optimization" otherwise known as throttling, because the head of the FCC

said that unlimited ment unlimited and Verizon feared repercussion for

slowing down unlimited user's data.

I really don't use that much data every month, my average use is like 8gbs

or so but I have used 100gbs+ before in one month simply because I was on a

vacation with no WiFi connection.

When it comes to price I am within a few dollars of a shared plan covering

most of my usage needs for around the same price, this $20 increase will

make it cheaper for the majority of my use to switch to a shared plan but I

will not because I simply don't want to have to worry about my data usage,

its too much of a hassle.

0 Me gusta

rcschnoor
Líder Sénior

Protosouls wrote:

Someone please address the issue of business unlimited users

not seeing a price increase, I would love to hear a reason for that.

Business users will for the most part use their phones for "business" use. A true "business" phone can have blocks on it from the business to prevent usage of apps such as Netflix/Hulu/etc... which can account for a MAJOR use of data. Additionally, many businesses frown upon their employees using their company provided devices for reasons such as streaming video for entertainment and as a result could very well be more stringent in policing this type of use or else face the consequence of a possible price increase. For these businesses, the bottom line IS the bottom line and employees abusing the unlimited data provided by the business CAN be acted upon much more forcefully than a simple price increase, such as loss of employment.

0 Me gusta