cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:

Unlimited Data Plans - $20 added to grandfathered plans

ncullen12
Miembro

Loyal Verizon Wireless customer here since 2002. Myself and the other less 1% of your very loyal clientele have just been kicked down by your choice to charge us for unlimited data. We have payed for our phones outright throughout the years and for you to come in and do this to your most loyal customers is despicable. You had a gross income of $60.64 Billion in 2014!!!! Why in the world do you feel that charging your most loyal customers and extra $20/month is necessary when you have the income that you do, especially when you are stating that it is less that 1% of your clientele! What do you have to gain by this!? I am very upset and if I do start to get charged, you will see my business go elsewhere!

Verizon to add $20 to grandfathered unlimited data plans - Oct. 8, 2015

Labels (1)
Etiquetas (1)

Re: Unlimited Data Plans - $20 added to grandfathered plans

shvpt5
Miembro

Same here, been with them for years- too many to count.  Never had

a phone with another company.As it is, two of the phones on our family plan have 4 gb of data (lost the unlimited) and only one still has unlimited because that phone was bought retail, which was the only way my son could keep his unlimited data.  Keep screwing over the customers... so what if it's less than one percent, does that really cut into their profit margin that much?  My cell phone bill is over $200 a month for three phones, it's insane.  Think again Verizon, maybe you don't care if you lose this one percent of your customers, but some others of us might jump ship with them. We share a plan, and if one drops off, we may just move elsewhere too.  What's the motivation for staying? Tell me that?

Weth
Líder Sénior

Verizon never does anything haphazardly. They are calculating the number that will stay, the number that will leave and calculate the impact to the bottom line and the impact to resource relief and decided the 1% was not pulling their weight. It is a net positive for them or they would not do it.

How does it feel to be in the 1% and have people hate you for what you earned over the years and go to protests to try to take it away from you? No fun having the shoe on the other foot.

teachndiva
Miembro

I have been a Verizon customer since 1998...I can clearly remember pinching my pennies in college to pay my Verizon Wireless bill.  I have been a loyal customer for almost 20 years...And even when family members said I was crazy for paying Verizon's prices, I stayed loyal.  Yes, I was grandfathered into the unlimited plan because I went out on the deep end with Verizon when they began their smartphone craze way back when with the Treo.  Verizon has built their company on the foundation of their customers, those individuals that don't hope cellular companies every other week and consistently pay their bills are the ones that will help them continue to be a communication powerhouse.  I am so saddened to hear that Verizon is spitting in the face of those customers that have always had their back.  Now it is time for Verizon to step to the plate and show some gratitude.  If such a small segment of their customers are affected, then why even upset those individuals that are almost guaranteed consumers.  Believe me it is not easy to keep the grandfathered plan, you have to be willing to foot the cost of a pricey smart phone and deal with the extra headache of buying a phone in store at all times.  The grandfathered few have withstood the test of time, even without a contract binding us...that dedication and loyalty.  Verizon remember your customer because an extra dollar today doesn't always equate to dollars in the future.  But great customer service and remember the customer's interest is a surefire way to guarantee decades, maybe even centuries of continued success.  I have always planned to be a Verizon customer until my golden years; but, this lack of customer consideration make me wonder.

blitzzz77
Miembro

I am in this boat as well.  I have been a loyal Verizon customer since 2001, and anyone else who was grandfathered into unlimited data obviously were as well.  This announcement is very disappointing.

VERIZON PLEASE NOTE THAT I WILL BE SWITCHING CARRIERS AS SOON AS THE $20.00 ADDITIONAL FEE APPEARS ON MY BILL.

To think I was planning to buy the Turbo 2 for full price from the Verizon store when it releases.  I'm thankful it did not release earlier.

This is truly a sad day.

Protosouls
Miembro

This is quite frustrating to say the least. Verizon, you have great service and make a TON of money. Why do you feel the need to squeeze your loyal customers for every last penny they can afford? I have been on the Unlimited data plan since it came out. It's not that I use a lot of data, but I don't want to have to deal with the headache of trying to limit my data usage so I don't get charged extra money, I already have a hard enough to limiting my calorie intake. Why should my cell phone that was created to be helpful also be a burden on me?

I don't want to resort to such things to cut costs but if you add the $20 extra a month to my bill I will cancel my Fios service with you and tether from my phone to all the electronics in my house to help make up for the increased price. That will actually end up saving me money. Also, 4G is faster than my WIFI now anyways.

Come on Verizon don't treat your customers like garbage.

Sincerely, a person who was once proud to be a Verizon customer.

Kavd
Miembro

I left ATT because they cut off tethering. I've been very happy with my unlimited data Verizon for 5 years and now they're about to squeeze me. If as they say there's so few of us grandfathered unlimited plan folks, you'd think they could let us fade away naturally. It would mitigate the pain somewhat if with the increase we would get hotspot access, but it looks like we get no benefits for more money. So greedy. Well I'll be shopping around for a new carrier.

Ptmc518
Novice

T-Mobile has service available in my area with good LTE.  I'll be switching to them since they'll pay my ETF.  Goodbye Verizon forever, you've screwed your customers over for the last time.  VZW has lost a loyal customer.  I've never missed a bill payment and always told people how please I am with this service...not anymore.

And with 5G coming in a few years, data will be faster and that means easier to hit the data caps so Verizon will just screw you over with that too.

Janedoe12345
Miembro

GREED at its best! If only less than 1% of Verizon customers have unlimited data then why would the company feel the need to raise the cost of the plan?? The network cant handle it? That small amount of people scatteted across the us couldn't possibly have a negative impact on the network. Furthermore 'grandfathered' means you are locked in to that particular plan at that rate unless YOU make a change. When did that change? Corporate greed!!

Highlighted

jmambrose
Miembro

I totally agree.  I'm checking on anything filed for an class action.