cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

Unlimited 4g service is not so unlimited.

JohnSmith1911
Miembro

I went from ma shared plan to the unlimited 4G service plan you offered.  Was good news, cause we were using more than the 16-20 gig a month shared.Since changing over in April, we have not received any notifications on cell phone or hot spot data usage, until now.  This month every phone has been put on 3G service, phone and hot spot because we are over 15 gig.  I was told and sold on unlimited 4G service, including hot spots.  Reason I know hot spot was included in that.....

I bought a Verizon Router, put that on the "unlimited plan" and within a day, had [removed] service.  I called in about the drops in speed, and was told, the "unlimited plan" was only for phones and hot spots, not for data only devices......data only devices only have a 10 gig limit.

At this point I had to scratch my head and wonder WHY would a data only device be limited???  It IS after all a DATA device, that requires DATA flow to be functional.  Sounds simple to the common person, but marketer and engineers have a completely different way of looking at things I guess.

Back to the point.....The CS agent I was talking to, told me I could replace the Router with a phone and have the unlimited data, even if only used as a hots spot.  So I found an unused 4g phone from a previous upgrade, and put it in place of a router for the computers.....sounds kind of odd, I agree.

Since April, with the "Unlimited Plan"  Our data usage has been OVER 600 GIG per month for the account.  All was going as explained, and therefore expected, until......September.   5 days into the monthly contract, ALL of our phones get msgs about data usage, and put to 3G speeds.

I can get the basic data package at like 40$ a month, and get 4G till I use my data, then be set back to 3G, WHY should I pay 120$ a month for "Unlimited" when it is NOW, doing the same thing????

Is this unlimited 4g or not?  My wallet would like to know

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​.

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

Labels (1)
Etiquetas (3)
0 Me gusta
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas

Re: Unlimited 4g service is not so unlimited.

Community Manager
Community Manager

JohnSmith1911, understanding the full value of your plan is a priority. Please allow us to further explain the details. With our new Verizon unlimited plan you are able to enjoy our fast 4G LTE speeds on your cell phone devices, hotspots and jetpacks. For each cell phone devices you will be able to enjoy up to 22 GB of LTE speeds. After you exceed this limit you may be prioritized behind other customers during network congestion. For all mobile hotspots and Jetpacks you will have an allowance of 15 GB of 4G LTE data which will then be reduced to speeds up to 600 Kpbs after you reach that limit. Please follow this link for more details http://vz.to/2onLnqk and reference number 5 and 6.

SylviaT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Me gusta

Ann154
Expert

Did you review the FAQs for the plan you picked?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Me gusta

Community Manager
Community Manager

JohnSmith1911, understanding the full value of your plan is a priority. Please allow us to further explain the details. With our new Verizon unlimited plan you are able to enjoy our fast 4G LTE speeds on your cell phone devices, hotspots and jetpacks. For each cell phone devices you will be able to enjoy up to 22 GB of LTE speeds. After you exceed this limit you may be prioritized behind other customers during network congestion. For all mobile hotspots and Jetpacks you will have an allowance of 15 GB of 4G LTE data which will then be reduced to speeds up to 600 Kpbs after you reach that limit. Please follow this link for more details http://vz.to/2onLnqk and reference number 5 and 6.

SylviaT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Me gusta