Unknown numbers on text log

SPARSON79
Miembro

The last few days I've noticed on both my number and my husband's number text logs that an unknown number is showing up that we are sending and receiving pictures and or videos at all times of the day even when I know we are sleeping. The number that appears on my husband's log is one digit off from the number that appears on my texting log. Has anyone else experience this and or knows what this is about? When I do a search of the numbers it says they are both landline phones. I've called Verizon wireless customer service about this and ultimately was told that it is because apps are running in the background and using data and that can sometimes show up on a text log from a phone number. I don't buy that answer so I'm wondering what's going on. On our phones nothing shows up in the messages

Labels (1)
0 Me gusta

Re: Unknown numbers on text log

LGRAD01
Miembro

Same with mine. But I have them figuring it out. From what the higher tier folks have found and may help you in your efforts to steer them in the right direction,

It is due to the random number coincidentally also being your "Mobile Identification Number". The MIN is internal Verizon. It is NOT anyone sending pictures and is something they are working on but don't know who all it affects so make sure not to stop contacting tech support until some tier 2 says yes we are tracking that issue.

Lee Grady

My number is 315-466-4388

0 Me gusta

LGRAD01
Miembro

On my account activity, it has picture/video messages going out to a google voice number They are at random times on various days. They are always exclusively listed as picture text send and respond. In the phone, there is no message of any kind to that number or from that number. It is my phone. I have exclusive access to it. It is passcoded. I am not sending anything. When you try to call the number Verizon it says cannot be completed as dialed. Does anyone know this number. Is it associated with an app that might be doing something in the background. Are there known apps that I can see if they are doing this. They are exclusively titled as picture/video. Not one regular message.

0 Me gusta

Community Manager
Community Manager

I would be wondering the same thing if I seen unknown numbers on my text and call logs. I would like to get to the bottom of this and help. I would love to double check this for you. I have sent you a private message so we can further assist you. 

AmberF_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Me gusta

Community Manager
Community Manager

We'd like to apologize for the confusion these numbers are causing, SPARSON79. Let's take a closer look into what's going on. Where are you seeing the log? Is this from the phone or online? Are the numbers showing as 10 digit numbers?

DanielleR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Me gusta

Community Manager
Community Manager

LGRAD01, understanding my usage is important to me as well. Let's get this figured out. What model phone do you have? Are you using any new apps on your device that involve messaging?

AlbertoR_VZW

0 Me gusta