cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

Unexplainable data overages and being charged astronomical amounts!

dgg970
Miembro

I've been with Verizon probably 4 or 5 years now.  I used to have a 5gb plan but kept going over,  so I upgraded to the 6gb plan but kept going over and I've since then upgraded to the 10 gb plan,  but haven't had a single month without going over.

I know when I'm being scammed Verizon.  I've checked my phone data usage and not a single one of my apps has shown that it has used more than 1gb for an entire billing cycle.  Which begs for the question to be asked.  Why, no matter how big my data plan is, do  I keep going over my limit, when my usage is less than everyone around me at work?  (coworkers are always on YouTube on their phones) I've been forced to be so consciouncious about my data usage that I really don't even use my phone at all when I'm not at home to avoid the inevitable data overage and these insanely bloated overage prices! On a single line! Which in turn prompts Verizons scam artists to try and upsell me to the next biggest data plan which no doubt would still put me over my limit the very next cycle while bleeding my wallet even more.

I've never been the type of person who wouldn't pay for something as long as it's worth it.  But in my experience,  I've been paying this company top dollar prices for snake oil for years.

My phone is always on WiFi when I'm at home and when I'm at work I do general browsing on the Internet (mostly forums).  I hardly stream videos and have all my phones' settings "fixed" to combat using mobile data when not necessary.  This is absolutely ridiculous that I cannot seem to go a single month without going over 10gb when you and I both know that I'm not using all of the data that I'm being charged for.  My contract is up in less than 3 months and there is nothing I've seen from this fraudulent company so far  that would ever make me stay with you as a customer.

I've had more bills than I'd like to admit that were over $200 and sometimes $300! My phone bill is supposed to be $140. (Which in and of itself is a despicable price for a single line with no unlimited data.)

I want answers.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas

Re: Unexplainable data overages and being charged astronomical amounts!

Community Manager
Community Manager

The last thing we want is to lose you as a customer, SANBEA9. You have a right to know about the data usage patterns and we are here to help. Let's take a look and see what changed in the data usage on the device. What make and model device do you have? How was the software update done? For example, were you connected to wifi or was it downloaded and installed using cellular data? Keep in mind that software updates done via cellular data will show up under Android OS.

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Me gusta

mama23dogs
Líder Sénior

Your information on what the phone actually shows for data usage isn't helpful.   How much total usage does the phone show with each bill cycle? 

Your phone is an independant meter of your data usage.  If your phone shows total use for a bill period of more than 10 gigs then you used the data.   

If indeed your phone is showing less data than Verizon claims, why have you waited till now to ask for help?

this is easy to prove and easy to solve.

0 Me gusta

mama23dogs
Líder Sénior

FYI.  Simple fix today is switch to the unlimited plan for $80.

dgg970
Miembro

"If indeed your phone is showing less data than Verizon claims, why have you waited till now to ask for help?"

First of all that question is irrelevant. Secondly, my phone does show less than 10gb being used.

Third, you're solution to buying the bigger plan does not solve the issue. It's a blanket at best.

A personal use single line bill should not exceed $120 (unlimited or not).  That's even overboard when compared to the rest of the market.

mama23dogs
Líder Sénior

It isn't irrelevant to you or you wouldn't be complaining.  You alway have the right to say something if you have a problem with your plan or billing. 

While it does fall on the customer to prove they didn't use the data, it is pretty easy to do.  Unless you switch phones all the time, or factory reset a phone, it will show your usage.   If your bill shows more, something is very wrong. 

As for "increasing your plan".  If your already paying for a 10 gig plan, this is far from an increase, you are already paying more.

the plan is $80.   $80 is a lot less than $120.  Even if you have installments and tax you can come in under $120.

FYI  As of today, there is no 10 gig plan.

or 12 gig, or 25 gig, or 50 gig. 

dgg970
Miembro

The question as to why I've waited so long is irrelevant to the topic at hand, and the answer to that question will not provide a solution. 

Furthermore, as an existing customer I actually AM on a 10gb plan which costs a little over $60 so there is no point in disputing that.  Not to mention the overall itemized bill with no overage charges is a little over $140 and that's with my corporate discount and an installment fee.  Again no point in trying to dispute with me what I pay and which plan I have because you are wrong.

As mentioned before even the price without the installment fee (around $111.00) is too much for a single line. I just did my research today and can get a totally unlimited plan with Verizons biggest competitor (identical installment fee+insurance) for the exact same price as my current bill would cost without the installment fee. Additionally with no worry of overage charges ever again. I've paid hundreds of dollars these past two years in overage charges each month trying harder to limit my data usage even more and more in to the point where I don't even feel comfortable performing NORMAL tasks on my phone when I'm not at home on WiFi.  That is unacceptable

mama23dogs
Líder Sénior

I assume you mean T-mobile.  Yes it's cheaper.  But is the coverage Good enough?  It is lousy where I live, which is why I have to pick between Verizon or Att.  (I'm with ATT now).

You said you wanted answers.   It's too late because the information needed occurd each month when your phone's data meter didn't match Verizon's bill. 

Do you want a fixed, lower bill?   Then get the new plan, it just debuted today and it's going to have ATT and T-mobile customers flocking to Verizon.  

Legere threw down the gauntlet and Verizon picked it up.

0 Me gusta

dgg970
Miembro

No I'm referring to sprint. I hadn't even considered t-mobile because I always figured their coverage and data prioritization wasn't that great.  I live in a metro area and after consulting with numerous coworkers that are with sprint, they've all confirmed they have no complaints with coverage.

0 Me gusta

mama23dogs
Líder Sénior

As long as you don't travel, your fine. 

0 Me gusta

dgg970
Miembro

I would even be open to switching to att at this point.