cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Unacceptable way to treat a long standing customer Verizon

Líder Sénior

I guess you are a cash cow and will forever be one with your thinking. Best of luck.

Highlighted

Líder Sénior

That's good business for the consumer. I'd rather have a company work to get my money instead of just giving them my money if I am not happy or agree to their terms or not. There are multiple opportunities for you to read the terms and you always have a option to decline the terms within in first 14 to 30 days (state dependent).   This hasn't changed in the past 30 years(Man I feel old).  Shoot they even pack the terms in the boxes of phones

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

You're missing the point.

Saying it's "a free market,  too bad, " isn't a good answer. Besides,  it's not a free market,  it's a regulated market for good reason. Not saying anything is not the answer. Why do you think these companies are sued & successfully?  It's not because everyone kept quiet. For example: citizens back had a large class action against them,  that they lost.  Why?  Charging overdraft fees. That was their policy ... in the fine print. This was accomplished by the people willing to stick up for good business practices.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

I want one good reason they are unwilling to help this customer. Just one.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Líder Sénior

Re: this problem, I agree this is mess.  The block on the account is autonatic block from 3 failed attempts.  When a logical human looks at what has happened, it should be immediately reversed.  Unfortunately, need to get someone with enough authority to do that, which means keep pressing up the ladder or call corporate. 

Re: customer loyalty.  I agree this is a pure marketing term and overused by both companies and customers.   I have loyalty to friends, not companies.  I leave in a heartbeat if I get better offers.  Not so with friends. 

Highlighted

Líder Sénior

robin84 wrote:

You're missing the point.

Saying it's "a free market,  too bad, " isn't a good answer. Besides,  it's not a free market,  it's a regulated market for good reason. Not saying anything is not the answer. Why do you think these companies are sued & successfully?  It's not because everyone kept quiet. For example: citizens back had a large class action against them,  that they lost.  Why?  Charging overdraft fees. That was their policy ... in the fine print. This was accomplished by the people willing to stick up for good business practices.

You are the one missing the point.

If people left the banks and went elsewhere and people voiced their opinions Banks would change, but people would rather have someone else do it for them. There's thousands of times where without a lawsuit the public has changed landscapes in any industry.  Lately people have been complacent and we are where we are today.  Why do you think our government is the way it is?  Remember less than 40% of the population bothered to vote...  Now the vast majority are complaining about our president...  I blame the 60% that didn't vote.  Either he'd still be president or possible we'd have someone else. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

I agree with your premise, but I feel like your just giving someone a way to deal with it in the future. This isn't addressing a current problem, if the problem is right now. Yes,  I will take my business elsewhere,  but Verizon will be sure to get a cut of my money before I am free.

I don't see why taking action/ sending complaints is unacceptable in the mean time.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Líder Sénior

This isn't a complaint. You made the mistake and you want Verizon to own up for it... Like I said this has been a industry standard since the late 80s. There is no reason for anyone not to read the terms of conditions in any industry.

Highlighted

Miembro

Forget it. Verizon has had lawsuits that they've lost and I gave you a good example of citizens - which you basically ignored. That's obvious since you resorted to bringing up the contracts. Contracts don't protect them from doing what they want 100% of the time. I'm not going to respond to you about this anymore. I agree to disagree. Have a great day.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Líder Sénior

Do you know what those lawsuits are about? Verizon has won all lawsuits pertaining to contracts except for 1 that I know of. The sole reason we have diminishing ETF. Which lawyers got rich and anyone who was still in contract was still tied to the old terms.

Show me where Verizon has lost a contractual lawsuit please.

0 Likes