cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:

Unable to resolve contract transferred WITHOUT acceptance of terms

fs_miga
Miembro

I have been a model mobile phone customer for years, never missing a bill.  In April I moved into a house that turned out to have Verizon LTE equipment already installed on the roof. The prior tenant suggested I was welcome to look into using that equipment which was disconnected and the early-out penalty was paid so there would be no transfer of contract. Seemed like a good idea to check out before pursuing another satellite internet service, so I spoke with a Verizon service representative who confirmed if I activated internet service using this equipment would be "bring your own equipment" scenario (which is month-to-month, no contract) and advised that the prior owner needed to call in to authorize transfer of the equipment to me, which he did.

On 4/10/15, I spoke with Verizon customer service again to confirm the authorization of equipment transfer was received. At this point, the representative said that it was, but that she'd never worked one of these cases before and would need to consult with her colleagues on next steps. She asked for a few hours to consult and said she would call me back. When she called me back, she immediately handed me to another person who 'knew how to help me'.  This person spend a lot of time asking me about equipment and having me plug in different things and tell him how many lights were flashing. I assumed he was testing the equipment to validate it is what was 'released' by the prior owner or gathering some other information that would help us get started in a conversation about what type of service might be possible for me using this equipment.  At no time had anyone reviewed the service or contract terms and asked for my agreement. Later when this individual said he needed to transfer me to a tech support person, voiced my frustrated at spending so much time on the phone without a clear picture of the potential service plan details (knowing that I may or may not accept them).  I demanded to know who would review the terms of service with me - the new support person agreed to take it from here.  Through discussion with this new support person it became clear that Verizon Wireless had already transferred a 1-year contract for LTE home wireless into my name without my review and agreement to the contract.

I made this problem clear to the support person on the phone and they got me connected to the AOL department. The AOL representative worked with her manager to review the situation. They agreed to fixed it and recorded me rejecting the contract terms. AOL assured me that whatever had been done to assign this account to me was now undone and that I would never hear anything about the account again. Naively, I thought the situation was resolved.

Two weeks later I got a bill for account activation and monthly service fees ($80). Since receipt of that bill, on 5/2/15, I have been proactively seeking resolution through email and phone calls to customer support.

The initial tech support person (from conversations on 4/10) was trying to make it right internally but emailed me (on 5/14/15) that he couldn't get this resolved b/c he is not listed as the account owner and b/c the managers in authority are not in his department.

On 5/14/15, I spoke with an AOL representative who worked with her manager and secured agreement to review audio recording of the calls.  I never received the promised call back so today (5/19/15) I called to check on the status. On this call with an AOL representative, I was informed that the notes of my prior calls and Verizon's commitments to me have disappeared from the account records.  Despite all the missing information, this AOL rep also worked with her manager to agree to review audio recordings. Since I've heard this twice before, I'm not confident that it is going to happen - or, at this point, that any record of the commitment will be in my account records.

AOL keeps asking if the account can be reassigned back to the prior owner.  Unfortunately,this is also not proper resolution.  Here's why: The original equipment owner had already paid the early-exit penalty and closed his account in March 2015 (AOL validated this in their records and on 3-way call with me and prior owner on 5/14/15). Proper resolution is for the account to return its standing before these conversations began: original owner has a closed account which is in good standing; I have no LTE Home Internet account.

I'm exhausted from repeatedly talking to perplexed support people, who say they've never seen anything like this situation, only to have the situation still remain after hours on the phone.  In addition to the mishandling by Verizon in the re-opening and assignment of this contract to me without review of the terms, the time-cost of the hours of follow-up phone calls is far exceeding Verizon's potential revenue resulting in double financial loss of bad customer service and bad fiscal management - management should be first in line to shut down this bleeding!  And yet, the problem remains and I'm still being billed for a contract I did not agree to and service I do not have and don't want.

I've been proactively working to resolve this error for over a month.  Can you help me get to someone who is empowered to make this right?

Labels (1)
0 Me gusta
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas

Re: Unable to resolve contract transferred WITHOUT acceptance of terms

fs_miga
Miembro

Thanks for your response, Weth. I thought that might have been it too but Verizon's AOL dept validated to me and prior owner (5/14/15) that he WAS free & clear at the end of March. They explained that Verizon "reactivated" the account during when he called in to authorize the transfer.  They had no explanation about why this was a "reactivation" instead of a simple equipment transfer.  Regardless, I never agreed to the contract terms so if there was liability on the account, it should be the original account owner's, not mine. 

Hoping to find help from an empowered Verizon staff member through this forum!

View solution in original post

0 Me gusta

Weth
Líder Sénior

fs_miga wrote:

advised that the prior owner needed to call in to authorize transfer of the equipment to me, which he did.

That was the fatal clue that should have sent you running.

If it was free and clear equipment, why did a transfer authorization need to be even done. This indicates the previous owner was not free and clear.

fs_miga
Miembro

Thanks for your response, Weth. I thought that might have been it too but Verizon's AOL dept validated to me and prior owner (5/14/15) that he WAS free & clear at the end of March. They explained that Verizon "reactivated" the account during when he called in to authorize the transfer.  They had no explanation about why this was a "reactivation" instead of a simple equipment transfer.  Regardless, I never agreed to the contract terms so if there was liability on the account, it should be the original account owner's, not mine. 

Hoping to find help from an empowered Verizon staff member through this forum!

View solution in original post

0 Me gusta

Weth
Líder Sénior

Your probably going to need to take this to corporate. This is going to be way above what online reps here and on the phone can do. There should have been no contact or reactivation with the previous owner, so that is just screwed up.

It really should have been here is the ESN of the equipment, how much to activate it?

0 Me gusta

fs_miga
Miembro

Yeah, this is a hot mess. Do you have suggestions for how to "take this to corporate"? 

0 Me gusta

Weth
Líder Sénior

Comienza aquí:

Liderazgo | Verizon Wireless

0 Me gusta