cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:

Unable to activate new sim for device

COCOJAS5
Miembro

I bought an Iphone SE to replace my iphone 4s.  After receiving my new device I ordered a new 4G sim card from Verizon to activate the new phone.  When I go to the page to activate bring my own device to an existing line, I can't select my device as an option.  It only says "activate new sim".  So when I click on that link it says the sim is not compatible with the device (iphone 4s).  How do I add the information for the new device to my account, so that when I activate the new sim it goes through to the compatible device (new Iphone SE)?  Spent an hour on the phone with tech support only to be told to try taking it to a store and have them do it. That is not an option at this time

Labels (1)
Etiquetas (1)
0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Re: Unable to activate new sim for device

Community Manager
Community Manager

We want to ensure that you are able to use that device when you need to. We know how tough it can be to deal with an isue like this one. Getting that device activated is imperative. Since you have already worked with our technical support, why are you not able to go into store? We only ask because we don't want you to have to go pover the same steps that you tried with them and it may be best to visit a store location.

FranklinM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

KOAL82
Miembro

I can't activate a new SIM card. It keeps saying

Se produjo un error con uno de nuestros sistemas y en este momento estamos trabajando en eso. Disculpa las molestias. Llama al 800-645-9736 para obtener asistencia de inmediato.

I've tried at all different times of the day and it never works.

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

rcschnoor
Líder Sénior

KOAL82 wrote:

I can't activate a new SIM card. It keeps saying

Se produjo un error con uno de nuestros sistemas y en este momento estamos trabajando en eso. Disculpa las molestias. Llama al 800-645-9736 para obtener asistencia de inmediato.

I've tried at all different times of the day and it never works.

You've tried at all different times of the day to get the SIM working or calling the provided number? Trying additional times to activate the card on your own will not likely work which is why they give you a number to call. They can then manually activate the card when you call.

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

KOAL82, having issues activating your SIM can be a headache, especially since you need it to have a functional device, we want to aid you in the best way possible. How are you attempting to activate the SIM card (My Verizon, Over The Phone, inserting the SIM into the phone, etc.)? If you do not mind us asking, why did you get a new SIM card (you bought one on your own/wanted a new one, Verizon Wireless send you one due to tech issues/lost, etc.)?

GilbertoL_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Ann154
Expert

Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote:

KOAL82, having issues activating your SIM can be a headache, especially since you need it to have a functional device, we want to aid you in the best way possible. How are you attempting to activate the SIM card (My Verizon, Over The Phone, inserting the SIM into the phone, etc.)? If you do not mind us asking, why did you get a new SIM card (you bought one on your own/wanted a new one, Verizon Wireless send you one due to tech issues/lost, etc.)?

GilbertoL_VZW

The iPhone 4s was a 3G EDVO global ready only smartphone. The iPhone SE is a 4G LTE smartphone. The iPhone SE would have required a 4G LTE SIM card.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Me gusta