cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

Trouble Texting/Calling one person

DominiqueO49
Miembro

A friend and I have been having problems for a while with texting and calling each other.  Neither of us get any indication that the other has texted or called at all and haven't for the past few months. When I call him all I get is a recording saying that he hasn't set up a voicemail; when he has one.  We've both took to snapchat to talk to each other but now that has given us problems.  Sometimes I'll get his but I can send a bunch and they'll say delivered but he wont see anything on his end; sometimes he'll get them weeks later all at once.  The weird thing is I went to Florida last week and the first day I was in Orlando we were able to text and call but it hasn't worked since.  It's like every new big place it will work once.  We've even tried landlines but it only works once.  We've had to use email since nothing else is working but it's not a good alternative.  He had an iphone 5 but just bought an iphone 6 thinking it would help but it hasn't (He's in a city by Lansing, MI) and I have a samsung 5 (in a city by Detroit, MI).  Neither one of us has problems with anyone else really, he used to with everyone but it was fixed; except for with me.  Any help on what the problem is or an alternative to fix/work around it would be greatly appreciated. I went into Verizon to help but they didn't do much.

Labels (1)
0 Me gusta

Re: Trouble Texting/Calling one person

Community Manager
Community Manager
DominiqueO49,

What a frustrating situation. I'd be lost if I couldn't call/text a friend. It is concerning that it is only occurring with one person & not everyone. Is your friend with Verizon as well? Have either of you raised this up to our tech support/network team to have them research further? (or their carrier if they are with someone else)

ChristinaM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Me gusta

DominiqueO49
Miembro

Yeah it's been an absolute nightmare! We both have Verizon which is why I find it so weird.  I recently took my phone to Verizon but right after walking through the door they cut off my story and said it was his connection probably since it wasn't happening with anyone else.  When he took it in they basically said it was the same thing. They said it was probably a bad connection on my end and they promised that when he bought this new phone that he wouldn't have anymore problems. We're having more problems now than ever.

0 Me gusta

Community Manager
Community Manager

We want to help keep you connected, DominiqueO49. You mentoned you also have trouble when calling via Landline, so this is not only when using cell phones? Are the numbers being dialed in a 7,10 or 11 digit format? HAve you tried dialing the number manually instead of from your contacts?
YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Me gusta

DominiqueO49
Miembro

Correct, the problem occurred with the one landline I used too. When I dial the number I've used the contacts as well as just dialing it myself. When I dial it I do it in the 10 format.  It doesn't work regardless of if I dial it myself or use the contact button.

0 Me gusta

Community Manager
Community Manager

@DominiqueO49

Thanks for confirming.  Has a ticket been filed on your behalf for this issue?  We may need to lift this up to our Network Engineers.

AnthonyTa_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Me gusta

DominiqueO49
Miembro

To be honest I'm not sure what that means so I don't think so. When I went into Verizon I talked to the greeter and after I told them my problem they said it was probably a problem on my friend's end and they sent me on my way. I didn't even get to see anyone about it so I know nothing was filed.  As an update, I tried dialing in the 11 format and still no luck and the snapchats have gotten worse. It hasn't worked in 3 weeks. Thank you for all your help; hopefully we can fix this.

0 Me gusta

Community Manager
Community Manager

DominiqueO49,

No worries, this is definitley something that we can help with. We can either reach out to you directly or you can give us a call at 800-922-0204. Please let us know which you prefer so we can get this resolved for you.
ErinW_VZW

0 Me gusta