cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:

Trouble Suspending Service for 90 Days Without Billing

Brokermcgovern
Miembro

I am out of the country for about six months.  For the past three years, I have been able to suspend my service without billing for 90 days, reconnect it and suspend it again for an additional 90 days.  In fact, the Verizon website states this policy:  "When selecting “Other” as your reason for suspending your service, your line will remain suspended for up to 90 days. For each line of your account, you can only suspend your service for up to 180 days in a 365-day period."

Now, suddenly this year, when I suspend the service I get a message that says, "Your line will be automatically reconnected in 12 days."  I suspend it after 12 days and the message says, "Your line will be automatically reconnected in 5 days."

I have contacted customer support on the Verizon Facebook Page and they are of no help, giving me different and conflicting answers.  Anyone else having this problem????

Labels (1)
Etiquetas (1)
0 Me gusta
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas
Highlighted

Re: Trouble Suspending Service for 90 Days Without Billing

SuzyQ
Líder Sénior

Go back 365 days, to January 10, 2014.  Since then, your service has been suspended Your service was suspended for 21 days (balance of Jan. 2014) + 28 + 31 + 30 + 31 + 5 days (Feb., Mar., Apr., May, and 5 days in June) or  145 days.  Add to that the # of days it's been suspended between June 5 and now.  You can suspend for whatever days you have left of the 180, but then you will need to resuspend almost daily as you have reached the 180/ within a 365 days time period.

I hope that makes sense....

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

Brokermcgovern,

Help has arrived! Have you suspended your services in the past 12 months? If so, do you recall when you suspended the service last?

EfrainM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Brokermcgovern
Miembro

My files indicate that I last suspended service on December 7, 2013, and

reconnected on June 5, 2014.

On Thu, Jan 8, 2015 at 3:24 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

SuzyQ
Líder Sénior

Go back 365 days, to January 10, 2014.  Since then, your service has been suspended Your service was suspended for 21 days (balance of Jan. 2014) + 28 + 31 + 30 + 31 + 5 days (Feb., Mar., Apr., May, and 5 days in June) or  145 days.  Add to that the # of days it's been suspended between June 5 and now.  You can suspend for whatever days you have left of the 180, but then you will need to resuspend almost daily as you have reached the 180/ within a 365 days time period.

I hope that makes sense....

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Brokermcgovern
Miembro

Thank you! You are the first person out of many who has given me a logical explanation of how Verizon is calculating this. What I do not understand is this: According to your explanation, I should get one day's credit (up to 180) for each day service was connected out of the last 365. I reconnected our service on June 5, 2014, and it remained connected until December 12, 2014. That is 190 days. Since I have accumulated 180 days credit, I should be able to use that for future suspensions. I suspended service again on December 12, so I have used up 28 days of my 180, which should leave me 152 days available to suspend.