cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

Time to switch to AT&T?...

Cliffykat
Miembro

I have been a customer since Bell Atlantic brick phone days, you think it would count for something.  I was an employee of G T E Labratories when we became Verizon.  I have been extremely patient with Verizon. No you can’t have the same deals as new customers....the camels back might be broken.

My sisters iPhone 6 needed a new battery it couldn’t hold a charge and ran hot. I called Verizon to see what they could do since I had insurance. They said we will send you a new phone. You think it would be easier to send me cost of a new battery to go to the apple store to replace the battery but hey ok send me a new phone. Great. I get the new phone in the mail and it says I need to send my old phone back, no problem, however I read not to send the phone back if the battery was damaged (bulging, gets hot,....) Well the battery gets hot and I do not want to be the person who sends an old phone through the mail and it catches fire, sorry no thank you. I call customer service, get put on hold for 53 min and get dropped, ok I am a big girl, I call back and am on hold for another 45 min. I am told if I don’t send the old phone back they will charge me $329 for it. Ummm the phone is paid off and I have a total protection plan insurance policy. The packaging says not to send a phone with a damaged battery back? So phone that is supposed to solve my dead battery is going back and I am seriously considering to tell Verizon to take my 8 devices and kiss my account goodbye. AT&T is looking much better. They will give me great deals on new phones as a new customer and my dying iPhone 6 can go to a nice recycle place.

0 Me gusta
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas

Re: Time to switch to AT&T?...

Cliffykat
Miembro

Thank-you.  But I am really not an Android fan.  I will wait until you hopefully have a good deal for existing customers for newer iPhones (10 or 11) and once again most of them require me to add a new line to my account.

View solution in original post

0 Me gusta

glitchedpixel

All I read in all that is a bunch of finger pointing. You got a bad battery, you contact Apple. I dunno what you were expecting Verizon to do about it if you didn't fullfil your end of the obligation.

Yes, I get why. Boom boom in the mail is bad. However, the best option in that case was have them cancel the replacement and either upgrade or get a new battery from Apple directly.

Who goes to ATT on purpose?

0 Me gusta

Cliffykat
Miembro

It all started when I called Verizon to ask about a new phone deal because my sisters battery was getting hot and wouldn’t hold a charge.  The wonderful rep took me through a bunch of tests and agreed the battery was bad and said it qualified for and insurance replacement and sent the new phone on its way to me.

My surprise came when the packaging that came with the new phone clearly stated not to return a phone through the mail if it has a bad battery. The frustration comes with poor attitude from customer service representative who rather than saying, ok I understand your concern about bad battery in the mail, let me fix your account and you can return the replacement phone and I will take off the insurance claim when the phone is received and btw send us the receipt from the apple store for $50 for new battery and we will take care of it for you, rather than me having to argue with him for over an hour that I did not feel comfortable mailing a bad phone in, since the packaging that contained the new phone clearly stated that I was not supposed to send it back.  I tried multiple times to tell him that I would rather return new phone and get insurance claim fixed, but he insisted it wasn’t an issue to send a phone through the mail with a bad battery and didn’t know why the package had that in it.

A wonderful rep who answered my call the next day did just that.  She didn’t argue with me and try to tell me it was stupid of me to be concerned about a bad battery in the mail. She agreed that if I sent replacement phone back a claim would not be against my insurance and informed me that she would let me know when a sale would be available to me.  

Also, just  because I am an older woman I don’t need to be talked down to by a self righteous young man, who by the tone of his voice, considered me less than him based on my concerns. I am an engineer who knows a bit about hardware and software.  I have worked on operating systems and architected several cool systems including tv, soft switches, remote terminals... So when a twenty something tries to mansplain batteries to me I did get a bit annoyed.

I am also just tired of being told a new customer can get better perks for new phones than I can as a long standing customer. Buy one get one deals only for new lines.... I did return the replacement phone and spent the 50 for the new battery at the apple store.  I just wish I could just have gotten a deal on a new phone like a new customer can rather than having to waste an hour on the phone with a young man trying to mansplain batteries to me.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for being a valued customer, Cliffykat. The last thing we want is for you to feel the need to look for a different service provider. I'm sorry we did not do better as your replacement advocate. Your feedback helps us to prevent anyone else from experiencing the same type of treatment. 

Our promotions will change often. This is to include current customers who also want to add a new line or customers who do not need a new line. 

Check out our new deals https://www.verizonwireless.com/smartphones/ if you are interested in upgrading right now. For instance, today we are offering $200.00 off when you purchase an LG V50 ThinQ 5G or Samsung Galaxy S10 5G on a device payment.

We also have an offer for up to $450.00 off select Android phones when you trade in an eligible device. Both of these offers do not require you to add a new line. 

TamaraH_VZW

0 Me gusta

Cliffykat
Miembro

Thank-you.  But I am really not an Android fan.  I will wait until you hopefully have a good deal for existing customers for newer iPhones (10 or 11) and once again most of them require me to add a new line to my account.

View solution in original post

0 Me gusta