cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:

Throttling on unlimited

DONFOS90
Miembro

Is Verizon getting worse about throttling on the unlimited plan regardless of how much data you've used?   I really refuse to move to "beyond" unlimited as unlimited should be usable, yet my kids are complaining..  text messages aren't going thru..and I'm unable to track their location for after school pick up.

$200 a month for 2 lines using under 15G a piece.   Thoughts?

0 Me gusta

Re: Throttling on unlimited

boringusername

Verizon doesn't throttle. There is difference between deprioritization and throttling. So you're on Go unlimtied which is subject to deprioritzation form the start. And if you're speeds are slow that means you're area is congested. Also Go unimtied for 2 lines is $130 not $200

0 Me gusta

glitchedpixel
Novice

Then your kids could either contribute to the bill if they are old enough to or be appreciative they have a cell phone if not. When I got my first cell phone, I had to pay for it myself and mobile internet was primative compared to today.

There's more than you and your kids on the network. As already mentioned, data is prioritized based on tower load. Texts not going through also has nothing to do with being on an unlimited data plan with lower priority.

0 Me gusta

rcschnoor
Líder Sénior

@DONFOS90 wrote:

Is Verizon getting worse about throttling on the unlimited plan regardless of how much data you've used?   I really refuse to move to "beyond" unlimited as unlimited should be usable, yet my kids are complaining..  text messages aren't going thru..and I'm unable to track their location for after school pick up.

$200 a month for 2 lines on GoUnlimited? What else have you lumped in to your bill to get it that high. THAT is not the cost for your SERVICE. It MUST include other items. Are you making monthly phone payments for phones you purchased? Are you paying for insurance on your devices? ¿Que más está incluido?

I have 4 lines for the same price you are paying and they are all on the Beyond Unlimited plan.

You must be paying for other items and including it in the cost of your service. THAT is why your bill is so high, not because Verizon cellular service is that high.

0 Me gusta

boringusername

@rcschnoor wrote:

@DONFOS90 wrote:

$200 a month for 2 lines on GoUnlimited? What else have you lumped in to your bill to get it that high. THAT is not the cost for your SERVICE. It MUST include other items.

I find that a lot people get $40 a month phone payments and insurance then complain about high bills. Those are options and theySHOULD know that.

0 Me gusta

DONFOS90
Miembro

I guess I need my thesaurus.  you have to throttle someone to re-prioritize someone else.   and yes..  if you want a phone to actually use your service then you bill can get close to $200.   

My point being is you can't keep adding services called unlimited and prioritize all other data over the first one making it useless.  period, bottom line.

0 Me gusta

DONFOS90
Miembro

what the does my kids contributing to the bill have anything to do with whether Verizion is "Prioritizing" everyone above the unlimited.     They need to make all tiers usable.

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

DONFOS90
Miembro

missing the point, all tiers need to be usable...  And yes my bill has phones on it as well that I purchased from Verizon to use with the Service...which is kinda how this works...   

0 Me gusta

DONFOS90
Miembro

I have a 24 dollar a month phone charge, no insurance.. as you need a phone in order to use the service.    

Do you all just troll Verizon sites to make sure that no one talks about their cruddy service?

I have a verizon business plan, I can absolutely state the basic unlimited service is getting worse  with throttling to accommodate all the other traffic that you all decided to pay premium for.  

0 Me gusta

DONFOS90
Miembro

I know I bought the phones...  I can restate my same problem using the service cost portion if you like.

$130 dollars a month for two kids with data that is constantly reprioritized making basic task not go thru is not right.

0 Me gusta