cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

They tell you that your data cycle is ending sooner than it is so you get overage fees

glangdon
Miembro

Both the data messages and MyVerizon app tell you that your data cycle is ending sooner than it is so you get overage fees. Monday I got a message saying I had one day left and then Wednesday I got one saying 0 days left (Verizon seems to misunderstand the meaning of zero) and that I was getting charged overage fees for an extra gig of data that I had zero days to use. 

Re: They tell you that your data cycle is ending sooner than it is so you get overage fees

Community Manager
Community Manager

Being able to track your data accurately is very important and we do want to ensure that you have all the details, glangdon.  When viewing the data usage, you would not count today's date into the calculation.  If the app is indicating that you have one day remaining, then it means that not counting today and tomorrow is your last day. I

AdamB_VZW

0 Me gusta

Re: They tell you that your data cycle is ending sooner than it is so you get overage fees

bearone21
Leader

my end of cycle date hasn't changed in 20 years.

mama23dogs
Líder Sénior

@glangdon wrote:

Both the data messages and MyVerizon app tell you that your data cycle is ending sooner than it is so you get overage fees. Monday I got a message saying I had one day left and then Wednesday I got one saying 0 days left (Verizon seems to misunderstand the meaning of zero) and that I was getting charged overage fees for an extra gig of data that I had zero days to use. 

I’m not sure you’re reading comprehension is quite right.  You get notices when you used up a % of your data, 75%, 100% with x numbers of days left in your cycle.  At that king you should be checking your data on your phone, which is live usage, to see if you are indeed at your limit.  If you don’t know what that means, then you should learn to track your data.  Verizon doesn’t care if you go over, it’s up to you to make sure you don’t.  

Your bill cycle ends on the same day every month.  Do you not know what day your bill cycle ends?

BTW, the math was correct.   

Monday you had one day left - Tuesday was it.  Wednesday your back to zero.   Because of the delay in reporting, you MUST track on your phone to prevent overage.  

0 Me gusta

glangdon
Miembro

I’m not sure you’re reading comprehension is quite right. I said that I was charged for going over my data Wednesday. My data cycle starts on the 18th and ends on the 17th, I don’t see why it is unreasonable to believe that Verizon is truthfully telling me how many days are left in my cycle. My iPhone only tells me how much data I’ve used in its lifetime. When I went to the Verizon store they told me that you have to use MyVerizon to track how much data you’ve used in the current period. 

0 Me gusta

glangdon
Miembro

Adam,

thank you for your reply. I understand what you are saying that Verizon doesn’t round to the nearest number of days based on the number of hours, so they consider one day to always mean more than 24 hours (which I feel like could easily be said more truthfully by saying x calendar days left). Even by that logic though, when you say x days left that would mean to add x to the calendar day and the cycle ends with that day. As shown in my screen print, Monday the 15th I was told I had 1 day left. According to what you said that would mean Tuesday the 16th would be my last day in the cycle when in fact it was Wednesday the 17th.

24331439-DDAE-4F7B-AC30-4A1677EBBA92.jpeg

0 Me gusta

glitchedpixel

I don't get the point of this thread. One of your posts indicated you are aware of your billing period. If you know your cycle starts over every 18th, then I fail to see what the issue is.

If that's the case, then using My Verizon or resetting stats every 18th on your iPhone easily let's you know where you stand.

If you have any of the new Verizon plans, you also have access to safety mode to make overages impossible.

0 Me gusta

mama23dogs
Líder Sénior

@glangdon wrote:

I’m not sure you’re reading comprehension is quite right. I said that I was charged for going over my data Wednesday. My data cycle starts on the 18th and ends on the 17th, I don’t see why it is unreasonable to believe that Verizon is truthfully telling me how many days are left in my cycle. My iPhone only tells me how much data I’ve used in its lifetime. When I went to the Verizon store they told me that you have to use MyVerizon to track how much data you’ve used in the current period. 

Your iPhone must have data statistics manually reset every month so you track your actual use on the phone.   There is a delay in reporting, so if you go by my Verizon, you will go over every time.  (See photo)

2F3242CD-E509-4C12-88B4-3A0474D5CCD0.jpeg

0 Me gusta

mama23dogs
Líder Sénior

@glangdon wrote:

Adam,

thank you for your reply. I understand what you are saying that Verizon doesn’t round to the nearest number of days based on the number of hours, so they consider one day to always mean more than 24 hours (which I feel like could easily be said more truthfully by saying x calendar days left). Even by that logic though, when you say x days left that would mean to add x to the calendar day and the cycle ends with that day. As shown in my screen print, Monday the 15th I was told I had 1 day left. According to what you said that would mean Tuesday the 16th would be my last day in the cycle when in fact it was Wednesday the 17th.

24331439-DDAE-4F7B-AC30-4A1677EBBA92.jpeg

Your photo proves Verizon told you correctly.  At 11 pm on Monday the 16th they said you were almost out of data, with one day left, starting at midnight would begin Tuesday the 17th.  It doesn’t matter when they told you that you exceeded your allowance, the fact is you were warned, and you did.  

You must track yourself, on your phone.  Otherwise it’s like cashing checks and waiting for the bank to tell you you’re overdrawn.  

Add a reminder to your calendar to reset data statistics on the 18th of every month, read those statistics,  and you’ll not go over again.  

0 Me gusta

Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for sharing the screenshots, glangdon. Now we understand exactly what you're talking about. This is definitely not normal, and we want to make sure that this doesn't happen again. When did you first notice this issue? Has it happened before?

UbaldoJ_VZW

0 Me gusta