cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quisiste decir:
Highlighted

They Opened Two Accounts, I only knew of one

Miembro

Back in October I decided to make the switch to Verizon for myself and my wife.  I went online, signed up, and took advantage of a special they were running where if you bought an iPhone X you could get another phone for free.  I got myself and my wife each a phone and set us up with plans.  Everything was going well.  Set up auto-payment and wireless billing so I can just let it do its thing and not have to worry about bills.

Around December I receive a notice from Verizon stating that our account is overdue.  Considering I am set up with auto-payments I am confused and call in.  They state everything is showing paid and this letter was likely a scam and to ignore it.

Same thing happens in February or so, so I call again and same deal.  Just called to make sure.  They state they found another incorrect account so they said they would close it.

Then in June I receive a letter from a collections agency regarding my Verizon account.  My account is still working so I call into Verizon again, and am told again that this is wrong and my account is in good standing.  I reference the collections agency and the account on there and am finally told (after about 3 hours of being on hold) that a second account was opened the same day.  After another 30 minutes they figure out that my actual data/usage line was set to one account (that I had been paying on), and the phone payments had been set to another.

I ask they remove this from collections and put it on my actual data/usage account and they say they are unable to and I must pay the full balance for both phones (nevermind the one was to be free with the other).  I say I will pay the past due balance from the missing payments since I was not notified but wanted the remaining payments moved to my usage account so I can pay the phone off according to the original terms I thought I had agreed to (since I was never aware of this second account).  This also cannot be done.  All they say I can do is pay the balance and pretty much just eat the giant knock to my credit score.  I had asked for supervisors who were apparently not available.  I asked that someone call me back by the close of business that day, and I have not heard from them at all.  It has now been a month.  I called again today, and again was told there was nothing that could be done.

If a customer service rep reads this, I simply want to pay the past due balance on the phone, and have the payments moved to my normal account.  I also want the credit reporting agencies notified in writing to remove this from my report.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: They Opened Two Accounts, I only knew of one

Expert

Did you ever look your electronic bills or sign into your MyVerizon account online and look at usage? 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: They Opened Two Accounts, I only knew of one

Asistencia al cliente

Gambit1326, we always want our customers to receive the support they need, as it's essential to your wireless experience. It saddens me to learn you've been dealing with this additional account since last year. We understand your credit is impacted, and we want to help as much as possible. I understand you opened an account in October for two lines. However, you received a letter advising your account was past due. You mentioned you did reach out to us several times, and it's unsettling to learn you were never advised of this other account. To better assist youregarding your account concerns, we will need to give you a call. I will be sending you a Private Message.

ChakiaH_VZW

0 Likes