cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quisiste decir:
Highlighted

Text Messages coming from 320-98

Miembro

I keep getting text messages from 320-98 saying it's verizon and wanting me to click a link to schedule an in-store appointment with Brian.

Is this legit? I never click links from text messages like this but still do not like recieving them.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas
Highlighted

Re: Text Messages coming from 320-98

Asistencia al cliente

Receiving unwanted/unsolicited text messages can be quite annoying and I apologize for your inconvenience. I see that our Community members and my team members have provided responses to assist you. You may forward the suspected Spam message to SMS shortcode 7726 (SPAM). Una vez recibido, te enviaremos un mensaje de texto donde se te pedirá una respuesta con la dirección "De". The result will be a free text message with a "Thank you" notification and the investigation will begin. No recibirás más actualizaciones una vez que hayas terminado. Please note: There are no charges for these messages sent to or received from 7726). - RobertC_VZW

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Short Code 32098 is not registered, according to https://usshortcodedirectory.com/directory/?fwp_short_code_search=32098&fwp_sort=brand_asc and http://www.short-codes.com/codes/search/32098

Appears to be a spamming/spoofing/phishing text.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
Highlighted

Líder Sénior

Forward the text to SPAM (7726).

0 Likes
Highlighted

Asistencia al cliente

Hello Barton12,

I would be concerned too if I received a text message out of nowhere like that. Have you recently visited a store or set up an appointment online? Have you made a recent purchase and chose a local store to pick up your equipment?

ChristopherM_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

Asistencia al cliente

Receiving unwanted/unsolicited text messages can be quite annoying and I apologize for your inconvenience. I see that our Community members and my team members have provided responses to assist you. You may forward the suspected Spam message to SMS shortcode 7726 (SPAM). Una vez recibido, te enviaremos un mensaje de texto donde se te pedirá una respuesta con la dirección "De". The result will be a free text message with a "Thank you" notification and the investigation will begin. No recibirás más actualizaciones una vez que hayas terminado. Please note: There are no charges for these messages sent to or received from 7726). - RobertC_VZW

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

That's the scary part is Yes we were in the store and made purchases about 2 weeks prior to this message but nothing was scheduled to be picked up and there is only one rep in that store that I ever deal with because he is simply THE BEST!! I will forward the message to SPAM and let you guys investigate from there as I am also receiving calls from people that I do not know saying I have called them and I have not called them so someone is using my Verizon cell phone number to make calls phone calls.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

That's the scary part is Yes we were in the store and made purchases about 2 weeks prior to this message but nothing was scheduled to be picked up and there is only one rep in that store that I ever deal with because he is simply THE BEST!! I will forward the message to SPAM and let you guys investigate from there as I am also receiving calls from people that I do not know saying I have called them and I have not called them so someone is using my Verizon cell phone number to make calls phone calls.

0 Likes
Highlighted

@Barton12 wrote:

…. as I am also receiving calls from people that I do not know saying I have called them and I have not called them so someone is using my Verizon cell phone number to make calls phone calls.

That is called SPOOFING where a scammer has 'spoofed' their originating number with some (non)random number. Nothing you can do about it, short of changing your number but still being susceptible to having the new one spoofed as well.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Highlighted

Asistencia al cliente

Thanks for those details, Barton12. It sounds like someone may be using "spoofing" technology to disguise the origin of their calls, and are using your number to display on the Caller ID. Unfortunately, there is no way for us to prevent this, as they are using online technology and can use any number. It is not done through Verizon. To help prevent unwanted calls in to your phone, check out Call Filter:  http://spr.ly/66021iKjs 

MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

I got a similar text from the same number (32098) claiming to be "Chiquita" from the "Cleveland Store" - I live in Maine and while Cleveland sounds like a lovely city I have never been there, much less to that store.  

It asks me to reply "E" to stop, but I get a warning that there may be charges applied to my bill by replying to that number.  I know some shortcodes are ways to give money to people so I don't want to risk that if that is the case.

Is 32098 a valid Verizon shortcode?  I would hate to block someone from communicating to me in the future should I need to actually receive communications from you, but "Chiquita" is texting me every 2 weeks and it is getting annoying.

0 Likes