Centro de recursos de accesibilidad Salta al contenido principal
Obtenlo rápido al recogerlo dentro o fuera de la tienda o con entrega el mismo día.
cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quisiste decir:
Switching plans - Verizon charges a month in advance?
KelK
Miembro

We are currently on the More Everything 10 GB plan with three lines. Our contract is up next month, and we will be dropping one line which we don't use. I chatted with Verizon today and was told that to cancel the third line early (so, one month early), they will charge me $130. So, no-go on that.

Then I asked about switching plans, to reduce costs. The new size Large plan, with 6 GB is less per month, is more reasonable, but offers less data. After fees, line charges and access charges, we are currently at $200/month now. So I wanted to switch to the new plan for next month. But the rep told me that I would ALSO be charged a month in advance JUST to switch plans. And that it is standard operating procedure. That doesn't make sense. Why would I pre-pay for my new plan, and also be charged for my old plan, to switch? In addition, when I asked when I would get the excess money back, the answer was when I leave Verizon?

I requested an e-mail transcript of the chat session, but oddly, I haven't received it.

Something seems off here.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Switching plans - Verizon charges a month in advance?
vzw_customer_support
Asistencia al cliente

I'm very glad to hear we found a plan that reduces your cost and options that work for you KelK. I definitely don't want to lose you and I would love to share more details about the price plan change. Yes, when you change your plan starting the next month (next bill cycle) you will see the charge for the new plan, the charge for the new plan again for the month in advance and you will also see a credit for the old plan for the days your account wasn't on that plan. I hope this information helps. Please share if you have any additional questions or if you need assistance with making the plan change. You can also make changes online here http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/understand-and-change-your-plan-faqs/ Thank you.
TominqueB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
KelK
Miembro

After posting this, I called in and spoke to a very knowledgeable and helpful representative. We were able to find the plan and rates that work best for my family. He was also able to explain the billing structure more clearly so I understand how the plan change fees work.

All resolved, and I am happy.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Asistencia al cliente

KelK,

I am so glad to hear we were able to find you the plan that best suites you. We are always here if you need us.

RobinD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jortony01
Miembro

This is an incomplete and dissatisfying answer. Aside from the scripted appearance of this dialogue, the answer does not provide a thorough answer nor does the link provide any additional information. It would also be great if there was an option to turn off cut and paste sections and long signatures.

0 Likes