cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quisiste decir:
Highlighted

Switching Scam

Miembro

My BillDon't Fall for Verizon Switch ScamVerizon Wireless Trade-In ScamDiscussions

My wife and I are having a bad time with this whole switching scam. we switched to Verizon from sprint on OCT 1st. we were told by Eric [removed], a sales rep, in the alderwood mall store in Lynwood Washington that we would be have our 650 x 2 = 1300 - phone costs (170 x 2 = 340) = 960 to help cover the rest of our sprint bill (671)!!!! in other words we were going to receive 671 dollars from Verizon to help cover all the costs of switching from sprint.

YAY great! or so we thought because even after multiple clarifying questions of a similar situation that happened to us at sprint he guaranteed us that we would have the costs covered and not have to pay anything to sprint (he did say we might have to make the payment to sprint to prevent their final bill from going to collections while we wait for the cards but we figured that out with sprint and they agreed to wait for the Verizon cards to be issued).

Needless to say I just called to check the status of when we would receive our cards that should be totaled 671 together, and I got word that we would receive only 271 to "cover" our 671 charges from sprint.... thanks Verizon.... thought you were "the best" but I guess not, your just as bad as sprint.

My wife and I aren't going to let this go especially around the holidays. there needs to be some sort of ethics class taught to your sales reps.

we are reaching out to our lawyer as we speak and are going to be getting what we deserve.

Content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​.

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

Labels (1)
Pestañas (1)
Highlighted

Re: Switching Scam

Miembro

Funny how you don't want others to see what you're doing. This is shameful.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

That was a reply to the rep, not the original poster.

0 Likes
Highlighted

The rep only took away identifying information.

FWIW: trying to take legal action... have you read the terms of service? (meant to the OP).

0 Likes
Highlighted

Líder Sénior

Did you read the switch offer?  The total on trade in credits and final bill credits will equal your ETF or device balance from the old carrier.

You get instant credit for your phones, did you get $200 for each phone up front?.  You get the remainder after you submit your final bill.  You are only paid for the phones, not service or taxes.  

Highlighted

Miembro

Would love to help you or join in on a civil lawsuit. Same thing happened to us and this is blatant fraud from Verizon. The switcher department which is some 3rd party company is a joke and completely rude and unprofessional.

Highlighted

Miembro

I encourage everyone to file a civil suit in your local jurisdiction against Verizon for this scam. Let them send representatives all over the country and debate with a local judge what has occurred in each individual case. This will force them to take action.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

I ended up switching carriers. I'm spending less and getting way more. Even

better, verizon owes me money. Verizon broke a contract that each and

everyone of us signed, including them. We didn't sign up to get [eliminado] . We

signed up to receive what they claimed. The second they change those terms,

they're renigging on their own contract which makes it moot. Así que

essentially, anyone that purchased a phone from them or is in ac two year

or more lease, no longer mujer hold up to their end because verizon broke

their end of that contract.

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​.

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

That will hold up in any court. All one has to do is hire an attorney, or

you can do a class action. When verizon decided to change their terms

without permission of the other signing party, they renigged on their own

contract. They have the right to change their prices, but not the # of days

they're obligated to give you based on the original contract, nor what

you're promised by their employees.

That's fraud! I can't tell you, legally- that I'm going to give you 5 days

of service and then only give you 2 while you're still paying for 5. I

can't tell you that I'm going to give you a certain amt of dollars in order

to get you to sign up, and then not give it to you. That's deceptive

practices.

I won't stay with a company that treats their customers like that. It's not

acceptable.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Líder Sénior

You have no service contracts any more.  Why do you think they ditched them in favor of device payment plans?  The only agreement you have is paying for phones. 

Verizon, or any other carrier can change your terms of service as long as they notify you on your bill a month before the change.  Verizon does this and most don't read the bill.  That's not Verizon's responsibility to make you read, it's yours.

The Supreme Court says you cant sue your carrier.  Your only recourse is arbitration or small claims

Read your terms of service. 

If you didn't understand the switch offer, it reimburses your phone cost in 2 parts.  Part one is trade in credit, part 2 is final bill credit.  These 2 will not exceed what your last carrier billed you on the phones.

Since the OP hasn’t come back, I figure maybe they realized they got their money as promised. 

0 Likes