cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

Re: Stop ripping people off!!!!

VAGAPADDLER
Miembro

NO phone - jet pack only - on which I occasionally get an auto dial message.  Wen I tried to sign up to block I was told that my 'device' (a four letter work, in my mind) does not receive messages.

Are you a tech rep for Verizon, or just a member of their fan club?

LIMAWHISKEYTANGOMIKETANGO

[Removed]

Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Yes, I did move over a lot of pics etc. with the new phone and unfortunately ended up using a huge amount of data.  I waited until I got home to download it with WiFi but never thought to check if I was connected.  I'd just assumed it was automatic.  It ended up causing me to use a lot of, so I wasn't shocked to get $15 overage. The next month however, my data use was through the roof and I hadn't done anything use it.  I don't play games and am not a Facebook user. I did notice that the "Briefing" app was now on my phone, something new I guess. I enjoyed checking the news, but as I have WiFi and home and work I can't imagine checking it more than a couple times without WiFi. I decided to try to get rid of it thinking it may be the problem, I think I have it deleted now, but when I turn mobile data back on my usage spikes again!

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

dexman

Do any other apps appear to be gulping up data?

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

rcschnoor
Líder Sénior

jillybeancupcake wrote:

I don't play games and am not a Facebook user.

Unfortunately, those are not the only 2 apps downloadable to a phone. There are MANY other apps which could use data too!

jillybeancupcake wrote:

I did notice that the "Briefing" app was now on my phone, something new I guess. I enjoyed checking the news, but as I have WiFi and home and work I can't imagine checking it more than a couple times without WiFi.

Of course you are assuming the download of those "briefing" articles are performed when you actually look at them and not in the background when you may be using cellular data out of range of wifi. If the app downloads the articles when they become available and you simply "look" at them when on range of wifi, the actual data usage could have taken place long before when you COULD have been using cellular data. This is a common misconception people have that an app uses data ONLY when you have the app open. This could not be further from the truth.

Open your settings, look at your data usage and find out which apps are using data and THEN take steps depending on that information.

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

mama23dogs
Líder Sénior

VAGAPADDLER wrote:

NO phone - jet pack only - on which I occasionally get an auto dial message. Wen I tried to sign up to block I was told that my 'device' (a four letter work, in my mind) does not receive messages.

Are you a tech rep for Verizon, or just a member of their fan club?

[Removed]

Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Jet packs are fine for ocassional use, but not a good substitute for home wifi - just too expensive. 

If you are connecting a computer to it, every update, pop up or add in the margin adds to the data count. 

Unless you can restrict the connected devices to limit this activity you will continue to have data spikes and overage.   Switching to the new plan would help.  Larger data pools and you can turn on the data cap to prevent overages. 

Otherwise, you will continue to deal with data roulette every month.

I have home internet, so I have no suggestions on curbing data use on a computer. 

I have heard it suggested to download a data monitoring tool onto the connected computer.  This is a more accurate meter of the data used.

I am neither a Tech, nor a member of the fan club.  I am a former Verizon customer who has experience in controlling data on mobile devices.  Jet pack NOT one of them.

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

VAGAPADDLER
Miembro

Most of the last 15 years I have been wandering distance kayak racing, birding & geocaching bum living out of my pickup topper.  I decided then that life was too short to play phone tag and try to communicate with texters that only now how to speak in dis-jointed phrase expecting many back & forth's to pass information that should have been written out in one concise paragraph.

Dumb 'smart phones' I do not need.  I think that mapping on Google Earth is more data costly because of the great resolution now available.

[Removed]

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Me gusta

Empleado de Verizon

We want it to be easy to see where your data is going. I'm here to help. Have you viewed your usage details online in My Verizon Inicia sesión ? Have you checked out our new Verizon Plan Verizon Cell Phone Plans | Verizon Wireless  with carryover data and safety mode?

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

VAGAPADDLER
Miembro

NO PHONE!  Stand alone air card (jetpack) so no carry over (as of yet - hope, hope & hope).  Also a maybe 5% overage to be deducted of the next billing period would be nice.

Big gripe right now is not seeing all ten of my 'normal - never have done any game!) usage categories in the bar chart on My Verizon.  Just now checked and still showing only three for a total of 27%.   Had hoped that mt lengthy chat with Sam earlier today would make some progress.  Hard to plan how to use up my G abundance in the next week.

[Removed]

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Sarie84
Miembro

Same here. I have wifi at my home and at my work. Maybe you are using more when you are traveling? I know I probably use a lot  when I drive up to my moms (music).That's why I had to switch to unlimited data 😕

0 Me gusta